PDA

View Full Version : Am I really...?

Kaylee Ann
04-07-2006, 07:43 PM
I describe myself as Transgendered... I mean, it's always preoccupying me.
So, explain this... since my teen years, I've always had little remarks made to me about reminding people of Elvis.
That's always been cool, because I liked him... and, as a singer, originally from Tennessee, I also happen to have little sounds similar to his.
When I find myself enjoying that comparison, does that mean I'm -not- transgendered... or, is it possibly where I've made myself accept being male on the outside, and anything that's been said in a positive notation is something that I like holding onto?
I can't figure this one out...

Kaylee

Jennaie
04-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Not sure, but I have heard that Elvis has been talking to Allison Dubois and he told her that several of the other spirits have made comments to him about how he reminded them of you. He ask Allison if she thinks he may be transgendered.:happy:

Missy
04-07-2006, 07:56 PM
what is transgender? and transsexual? and all this other stuff all about?

Missy

Kaylee Ann
04-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Jennaie- What?? Rofl. You're hilarious.

Missy... okay, we have crossdressers. That's who just dresses for some reason or other, but is still satisfied with their manhood, thru and thru... basically.

Transgendered is me... I may look like a man, and all of that, on the -outside-... but, eomotionally and everything else, inside, I have no doubt that I'm a woman, in the wrong body... I choose to stay this way, though, and balance things out someway.

A transsexual is someone who has done something -about- being transgendered, such as a sex change and/or hormones.

Kaylee

Jacqui
04-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Maybe you're nothing but a hound dog, crying all the time!

Seriously, I don't think anyone is more qualified to tell you "what you are" than yourself. If you have overwhelming feelings of womanhood over manhood during the periods that you're not thinking of Elvis, than I would say you were transgendered to some degree...but that is just my opinion.

When I think of Elvis, I can think of him as being that rocking macho guy that has teenage girls drooling....or I can see a guy with a slight hint of eyeliner, great hair, an unmanly ability to swivel his hips, let his emotions roll and connect with both women and men. Which Elvis do you see?

Considering myself at least some degree of TG, there are times when I'm happy to be a male, although, overall, if I had to make a choice, there's no doubt which it would be.

Jacqui

JoannaDees
04-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Do they say you remind them of Elvis because of looks, or because of singing? If singing, no problem, 50's rock on (I prefer the 2k's myself), and if physical .... how ya doin'?

Jennaie
04-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Jennaie- What?? Rofl. You're hilarious.

Missy... okay, we have crossdressers. That's who just dresses for some reason or other, but is still satisfied with their manhood, thru and thru... basically.

Transgendered is me... I may look like a man, and all of that, on the -outside-... but, eomotionally and everything else, inside, I have no doubt that I'm a woman, in the wrong body... I choose to stay this way, though, and balance things out someway.

A transsexual is someone who has done something -about- being transgendered, such as a sex change and/or hormones.

Kaylee

Kaylee:

I think perhaps your a bit confused about the labels here. You are "transgendered" and you are "by confession of your own words" transexual as well. You are what would be described as a non-op transexual.

The term transgendered is an umbrella term that covers everything from Mtf to Ftm whether it entails srs or not. It is a simple term to describe someone who identifies themselves with the other sex. A person does not even have to be a crossdresser to consider themselves transgendered.

I'm no expert but this is my understanding of these terms based on all the reading and research I have done.

Sharon
04-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Whether or not you're transgendered, it is what you bellive deep in your heart that matters, not what other people's impressions of you are.

And Jennaie is correct about the word "transgendered." And while we are in a mood to correct word usage -- "transexual" doesn't mean you have had the operation. It includes everyone who truly believes they were born of the wrong body, whether or not they have had anything done about it. I'm TS, and I still possess all the same parts I was born with, although that is subject to change.

Joy Carter
04-07-2006, 09:36 PM
The term transgendered is an umbrella term that covers everything from Mtf to Ftm whether it entails srs or not. It is a simple term to describe someone who identifies themselves with the other sex. A person does not even have to be a crossdresser to consider themselves transgendered.

I'm no expert but this is my understanding of these terms based on all the reading and research I have done.[/QUOTE]

It's really funny the more I read and take part in this forum the more I understand and thus find myself.:)

GypsyKaren
04-07-2006, 09:50 PM
There's sure nothing wrong with being non-op, it suits me fine. You are who you are, it's as simple, and complex, as that. Stop worrying about the "who" and the "why", just think about the "is". In other words, just be yourself, and be happy for it.

Karen

Kaylee Ann
04-07-2006, 09:53 PM
See, that's why I get confused. Like, one medical manual, online, will give the definitions which I gave... then, I have friends who have had the whole sex change... both of which explained transsexual as being after the change.
LoL I hate confusion... I may just refer to myself as a 'Tranny'... or, a 'Gendy'... Arrrrgh, what to do...

Kaylee

Jennaie
04-07-2006, 10:40 PM
See, that's why I get confused. Like, one medical manual, online, will give the definitions which I gave... then, I have friends who have had the whole sex change... both of which explained transsexual as being after the change.
LoL I hate confusion... I may just refer to myself as a 'Tranny'... or, a 'Gendy'... Arrrrgh, what to do...

Kaylee

Gendy,,, hmmmm what a cute name for a dresser. How original.