PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it

Sara_Marie
04-07-2006, 08:37 PM
I was going to post this last night but the site was down. I was so excited I had to tell some one. I hope you all can stand my babbling. But I’m about to exploded and I have to let somebody know.
I bought my first wig. What an experience. I started by looking through several shops to get an idea what I wanted. It made my heart pond every time I walked in. I kept saying to myself I'm looking for my wife it gave me the courage to keep going. Well once I narrowed it down I had to get the courage up to buy it. Oh boy I don't know if any of you sweat like I do, but when I get nerves I really sweat, It took 3 days to get the courage up. The nice part of visiting several of the shops was I got use to the sales clerics and they were all very nice ladies. Well I never bought any thing for Sara Marie until this week. The first thing I bought was 2 tops and then I took a big step, the wig, but which one. I really did not want to get the wrong one with just a little money to spend. So I had to decide between 2 wigs I liked, which meant setting down and trying on both while in my normal cloths.
This was so scary, so I just dove in and asked the sales cleric if she had a private place I could try on a couple wigs. She said no and I wanted to flee. She pointed out a spot and said this is fairly secluded no one would see. I don’t think I totally agreed with her put I already had tested the water. So I went to set down and she said I had to purchase a cap first. I was not expecting that but I agreed. Now I was in for something. This place is in a mall I felt for sure some one I knew would look in and see me.
The sales cleric was very nice and polite I showed her the two wigs and she said she liked them both. Well I tried on the first one I like it was good maybe not perfect with my beard and guy cloths but I liked it. Then I tried on the second one. It was bigger and fuller. I thought it was a lot of hair and made my head look bigger. At 6’ tall I didn’t think I needed this. So I went back and forth between the 2 wigs. I really started to feel comfortable trying them on. Actually I really enjoyed it but was still nervous.
Well I did it I bought the first wig I had picked out. This is dark brown and about shoulder length and a little curls not a lot. I will try to show it here in about a week. I have a Friday home alone coming up and I will get to try on the whole outfit and take pictures. While I was at it I got a wig brush, a head for the wig. I left I was so nervous. Then I remembered when I got back out to the car I forgot something.

I’ll finish this later, keeping you in suspense. Stay tuned for part II. :p

JoannaDees
04-07-2006, 08:44 PM
I can certainly relate. I finally did go to a high-end wig shop, and the "try-on" chair was in full view. I guess I'd already conquered enough fear, so I sat. And it was worth it. The women who did come in said not a word. And I really got a great wig. Just go for it, nobody really cares, it's all in your head (easier said than done I know, but still ...).

Jennaie
04-07-2006, 08:52 PM
A nice story Terry:

So glad you were able to find one you liked. Can't wait to see the pics.

Congrats girl,

Amelie
04-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Very good Sara, the more you shop the less nervous you will get.

Wig shopping is so much fun, I hope you have more fun days wig shopping.

Sara_Marie
04-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Well here it is part 2.
I get out to the car and I forget to get a pair of earrings I say in the store. I was so nervous to get out I didn't get to look and pick up a pair I promised my self. So I took about 2 -3 minutes to get my nerve back up to go back in.
I did it and got some nice hoop style clip ons. They look great.

This day did not end there. I had to get a hair cut which was my reason for being late home and I saw that K-Mart was having a big sale changing some of there stores over from K-mart to Sears. 60% off all their things. So on a whim i go in and find a nice pair of beige slacks, Jacklin smith collection in my size with a little white belt. Wow what a week from nothing of my own too;
1 pair of heels
2 pair of nylons
1 sweeter top
1 white blouse ( still need a camesol for under it)
1 wig
1 pair of slacks
1 belt
2 pair of under pants
and as makeup brush set.

Wow Im in heaven.

Well I just had to tell somebody. Happy shopping and remember your K-mart stores they don't care who buys for who as long as they can clean out the things. Wish I could have aforded the nice leather skirt.:happy:

Pictures to come in about 10 days.

Chow :battingeyelashes: :doll: :dancing:

Julie York
04-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Sounds like a dam exploded in CD world. Good for you for having the courage. I wouldn't dare buy a wig in person...(yet).

But promise you wont show us all your new wig and make up and tops and bottoms and middles and still have a beard? I couldn't take it. And I don't care how un-PC that is. It's WRONG I tell you!
Wrong wrong!

But I'm very pleased for you accomplishing what you have.

Adrienne Heels
04-08-2006, 03:38 PM
You go girl !! Good work !

ashlee chiffon
04-08-2006, 04:05 PM
gonna have to go in drab, but think i'll work up some bravery and try a shop rather then go online~sounds like a lot more fun!
of course, i'll have nice lingerie on underneath and manicured and clear coated nails...
may even have my othere ear pierced by then..

little steps...but giant leaps, for me!

Sara_Marie
04-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Well here is the wig and shoes.

Jennaie
04-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Very nice Sara, you look very nice in the wig and I love your outfit. The shoes are to die for. You have wonderful taste girl.

CharlaineCadence
04-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Darling you look wounderfull but one thing SMILE. please your too beautifull not to be

Barb Valentine
04-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Hi Sara
Your pic's are very sweet , Good choice for the wig,Love the skirt and legs to die for
They say it gets easer the more shopping you do maybe after 200-300 times
(My heart still races after 42 years of shopping)

Ron_Rhonda
04-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Those hose are to die for. Great wig and outfit, too.

:p

Billijo49504
04-15-2006, 11:48 PM
You definately look good gurl!!
:thumbsup:

jau49
04-16-2006, 12:00 AM
i buy all my stuff locally and find that i am very well accepted (dressed as a man)
i have ventured out a few times dressed (fem) and havnt had any problems.
Beenliegh is a small area between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, and meeting someone you know is always on the cards.
i wanted to go out dressed on sat, but shop was closed, and i chickened out, on another store.
Wigs.. i buy on ebay...cheeper, but you cant return if not happy with it.
back to the important stuff.
sara you look great. wish i looked that good
jau/john

Sandra
04-16-2006, 03:25 AM
Good for you Sara, now there'll be no stopping you and it gets eaiser each time . :)

ronda
04-16-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi Sara you look great the wig looks real good but i love the skirt sounds like you had a wonderful time shopping and it has only just begun once you start you have to watch your purse it will get empty real fast have fun and enjoy your self.:D :D :happy:

Franki Kate
04-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Very nice Sara Marie. You entire body language is very fem. The only slight suggestion ming be a broader smille would total out the image you display. :)

HaleyPink2000
04-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Ok Sandra I have to be the one to tell you both sides of wig shopping. Listen close. You can't just have one. :)LOL You have to go back and buy the other one in two weeks. LOLOLOL I do that, I see something I like but it's my second choice. Then several weeks go buy and I find myself buying it also.

I Know, I'm bad that way. But it's fun. Take care Hun. Hugs

KerriAnn
04-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Well done on working up the courage and going in person to buy the wig. I still have my off moments when it comes to fem clothes shopping. Waiting in line to pay with a handful of panties and bras just racks my nerves.

Faye Emmette
04-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Really, really, really, really loooking good Sara.
Congratulations on the purchases and the looks.
F.
http://img111.imagevenue.com/loc205/th_79612_good189.jpg (http://img111.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc205&image=79612_good189.jpg)

Sara_Marie
04-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks Jeanie. I know the shoes are to die for. I say them in Target on day and had to go back and get them. Cheap too. Made it twice as good.

Thanks Charlaine and Frankie Kate. I tried to smile but I think I was so nervous it did not look natural enough. I will work on getting a little more confident in my dressing.

Barb it is getting more fun. I walk around more and more just looking. Yes the purse is out right now. :cheeky:

Rhonda. Hose are from Wal-Mart. If your in the states. Just black thigh highs. Thanks for all the compliments.

KerriAnn I know exactly what you mean. The wait in line is the worse. I try to find a short line or wait until the line goes down. I also look for a girl for the check out clerk. It makes me more at ease.

:blushing: Wow so many replys I just want to say thank you all for all the great compliments. It makes me feel so much better at least it makes me feel like I'm doing it right. Hopefully I can get some pointers from the GG's to refine my mistakes.

Thanks again all you Girls.

:hugs:

BonnieJG
04-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Hello Sare, Love your outfit. Funny thing looking at yor dress I have the same dress