PDA

View Full Version : Good time at the mall

steffie39
04-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Hey girls,

I didn't think I was going out tonight but after a stressful day at work, I decided late in the day, why not go out to the mall and just look? I wore ladies jeans (with buttons on the bottom pant legs) which went over my black boots. I paired this with a white top and a blue denim jacket by Gloria Vanderbilt. I found one greast dress ut wouldn't you know, it didn't fit! :(

Everything seemed to go OK. A few times I passed some young girls/teenagers and I looked back after I passed them and they continued walking and didn't appear to stare. If you don't get laughed at by young girls, then that is a good sign, I think. After the malls closed, I stopped at the supermarket to get some milk and a couple of other things. I then went to change at my secret spot and got home a short while ago. Now I am more relaxed than before. :)

Steffie

talkwithmelissa
04-08-2006, 01:32 AM
Way to go Steffie. Now that Josette and myself went with you to the restaurant Lips and a dance club in NYC, we'll have to go shopping with you. Did you find anything for your upcoming trip to Las Vegas?

HaleyPink2000
04-08-2006, 01:37 AM
Steff

Being Nosy??? Whats your secret spot to change?

Josi
04-08-2006, 04:19 AM
Hayley ... if she told you it wouldnt be a secret any more lol !

steffie39
04-08-2006, 05:01 AM
Hi Melissa,

No luck finding anything but my wife did get some stuff for Steffie last week; so I can always use that in the pinch.

I went alone only because I waited until late to decide. I didn't think any other girls would be available to go at last second and I didn't want to appear rude by asking at last second (if that makes any sense). Anyone else, though, is always welcome to go! Us girls definitely do have to do the mall. It's really no big deal. If we can do the dance clubs, the mall will be a piece of cake, I think. Sometimes it's just nice to go walking and brouse the stores en-femme and learning about the latest fashions.

Hi Hayley,

If I told you the secret spot I'd have to kill you. :D Just kidding.

I never leave my house fully clothed (i.e. wig, woman's clothes on outside, etc.). Fortunately my car is close to my door ad I wear bulky male clothing over my femme clothes.

Steffie

Ms. Donna
04-08-2006, 05:07 AM
Everything seemed to go OK. ... I then went to change at my secret spot and got home a short while ago. Now I am more relaxed than before. :)

Ain't it great when a plan comes together? :clap:

A great wat to end the day! :thumbsup:

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Ranee Daze
04-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Firstly...free parking.

My favourite outing is to a mall where I can get a makeover and try on loads and loads of dresses and shoes.

It takes planning to make it go right but it is worth it. I'll pick a Monday or Tuesday, when it's not busy and salespeople are looking for customers. It really helps to scout out the mall en drab before, especially for safe washrooms.

I get everything ready and do the major shaving the night before. I also give myself a really good face treatment, with exfoliation mask, and moisturize well.

I decide in advance where I'll shop, where I'll eat etc.

On the day I shave face, do a very basic makeup with a good foundation but no wig or lipstick. I have some baggy pants and a big London Fog raincoat to wear over my femme stuff as I leave my neighbourhood. I have a bagt with shoes, wig, breastforms, purse etc.

Once at the mall I'll visit MAC or the Body Shop where for a small purchase or donation they'll do makeup. After that I'll get a perfume sample and I'm off to try on wigs at The Bay and then the dress stores.

Yes, people take long looks....and sure they see a man in a dress sometimes...but I am certain that they have no way of determining just which man they see in that dress ie: Brian and Garry's dad in a dress.
But I am confident in my anonymity. The funniest thing is that I really do look better than most real women and often I'll get a funny look from some retiree in the mall being dragged around by his "really has let things slide just a bit" wife. The thing is that you make a giant leap in femme appearance when you......relax.

Here's the logic. With the makeup ladies....well they love doing makeup and they are in the business of pushing the stuff, so they are only too happy to help you and it's really fun getting a new look that you haven't thought of. Same with the dress stores.....they get commission, so they want to help you. In both cases it is very important to ask if they are cool with helping a crossdresser. Be honest, tell them that you are learning more about your look. Take a camera!!! With the makeup they'll do it for sure when you say that you want to repeat tthe look at home. With the dresses just tell them that you are visiting other stores, which you are, and want to compare at the end of the day. Digital cameras are fantastic for this.

Finally, the scariest place which you absolutely must visit is the loo. If you are tucked and corseted you will have to go sooner than you think. Most department stores have washrooms on at least every other floor. I'll pick a loo near the least busy section of the store like furniture. I have never had a problem with security or other customers. Just go and go, do an mind your own business and go about it in a relaxed manner. Again, nothing gets you read better than tension.

Set a reasonable time limit to the excursion. Nothing looks worse than a five o'clock shadow at six o'clock.

At the end of the day I record my experiences in a little diary, look at the photos and thank whatever god gave me this wonderful aspect of my personality!

Hugs, Ranee

Lauren Richards
04-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Nice! I love to occasionally go to the mall, but I gotta tell ya, that shopping for groceries has got to put you in the supergirl league. I have browsed thru grocery stores, but only occasionally bought anything. You go, girl! Nice work on the quick-change, too. Good planning is often essential to having a good time, out & back.

Lauren

steffie39
04-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Hi girls,

In the picture gallery I posted a picture of a recent outfit (taken at a CD meeting last night). However, it is the one I also wore when going to the mall before. It is titled Recent outfit.

Steffie