PDA

View Full Version : First purchase

Thatonegurl99
01-31-2022, 01:00 PM
Do you remember your first purchase into the wonderful world of CDing?

If so, what was it?

Do you still have it?

My first purchase was a sweater and jeans from a local thrift store. And yes I still have them, and hope to buy more clothes and accessories in the future.

1Ladyjade
01-31-2022, 01:09 PM
My first purchase was a skirt and 2 pair of thigh highs from Janets Closet. I cringe every time I see some one talking about purging. I don't care what happens I will never give up my femme stuff.

Thatonegurl99
01-31-2022, 01:12 PM
I agree, unless it's more of a trade in type situation where I'm exchanging certain clothes for better ones.

Ginawannabe
01-31-2022, 03:33 PM
My first purchase was when I was about 12. I saved up my money and went shopping at the Kresge's (not sure on spelling) to purchase a garter belt and nylons. I would hide them in the attic of our garage. When the opportunity came, I would put on my garter belt and nylons and spend as much time as possible in them. I have been in the closet my entire life and like many of us, I have pruged several times in fear of getting caught. Just today I purchased nyons, panty hose and a sweater. That are now hiding in the house until the occasion arises to be Gina.

Heather76
01-31-2022, 03:52 PM
My first purchase was about 20 months ago at a Dollar General. I purchased a 2 pack of Hanes microfiber hipster panties. They didn't last long once I realized how much I enjoy lace panties. With one exception, every pair of panties I have is lace. Without counting, I likely have 25 - 30 pair. The only ones I've found that seem to fit perfect are Secret Treasures from Walmart. I have tried more expensive brands; but, they just don't fit well. Thus, I'm stuck totally enjoying panties that only cost appx. $2.50/pair.

Thatonegurl99
01-31-2022, 04:17 PM
Love hearing these stories! Were you nervous when you made your first purchase? I was and still am.

JenniferMBlack
01-31-2022, 04:27 PM
My first purchase was a skirt at Walmart. I no longer have it. While since I was 12 years old I have always had some girl clothes many of those have been gotten rid of over the years. That skirt was actually gotten rid of not long ago. Ot was worn out and didn't fit well any more so had to go for something better.

Philippa Grace
01-31-2022, 05:48 PM
My first purchase was hold ups from Tesco. I alway loved the look and feel of nylons, and just felt compelled to see what they were like on me. I've been hooked ever since! Obviously they are long gone and have been replaced hundreds of times with different styles, colours, denier etc. I love them.

Rachael Fernandez
01-31-2022, 06:11 PM
Back in 1978 I told my wife her nylon panty felt wonderful and that I thought they would feel nice to wear. (I had been wearing my mother's and hers for years and she had no idea.) I asked if I could wear hers and she allowed me too. Next week we bought a lovely soft pink nylon full brief from Target together. My first item that was all my own.

Since then I have have many pairs, currently about 3 dozen, and panties are my 'go to' item when dressing, closely followed by a bra. the first purchase I made myself was a panty and bra set from Target as well and I was as nervous as anything. I still get a little nervous every time after all these years.

Pumped
01-31-2022, 06:32 PM
I bought a dress at Target. Then decided it looked stupid with no boobs so I bought a bra. It just went crazy after that! Panties, pantyhose, high heels, a tiny little jacket, just for the one dress. Since that crazyness it was gotten muck worse!!:lol2:

Now when I buy a dress, I scratch my head and think, "What do I have, or need to go with it?" and the credit card suffers!

I bought a pair of snakeskin print heels. All the time while they were on the way I have been shopping for tops to go with the heels and a shiny black miniskirt. I ordered a leopard top, but doesn't fit! Bummer! Back to do more shopping!

Thatonegurl99
01-31-2022, 07:27 PM
I think I'd love to see those heels someday! They sound amazing. I've been wanting to purchase a mini skirt and some sort of top to go with it, but just haven't gotten around to it. Perhaps tomorrow!

alwayshave
01-31-2022, 07:29 PM
I can't remember my first purchase, I know it was lingerie but don't remember it with specificity. However, about 15 years ago when I decided to get it back into dressing fully, I bought a wool skirt and satin blouse that was on the unclaimed rack at the local dry cleaners.

1Ladyjade
01-31-2022, 07:32 PM
My first in store purchase was bra and lipstick. I was very nervous. Great thing about self check out at Wal-Mart. No cashier to give you a stink eye any more.

Heather76
01-31-2022, 08:11 PM
Someone added the question about being nervous. I know I was with the first purchase. However, my 2nd purchase was at Kohl's during the pandemic and checkout lines were long with spacing between people. The lady in front of me and the lady behind me didn't give the Maidenform lace panties in my hands a 2nd look nor did the checkout clerk (woman). My first purchase at Walmart was a 6 pack of lace panties and a 3 pack of thigh high stockings. The young lady checkout clerk didn't bat an eye ringing them up. This was all back in June/July, 2020. I haven't been nervous since then.

Thatonegurl99
01-31-2022, 09:39 PM
Someone added the question about being nervous. I know I was with the first purchase. However, my 2nd purchase was at Kohl's during the pandemic and checkout lines were long with spacing between people. The lady in front of me and the lady behind me didn't give the Maidenform lace panties in my hands a 2nd look nor did the checkout clerk (woman). My first purchase at Walmart was a 6 pack of lace panties and a 3 pack of thigh high stockings. The young lady checkout clerk didn't bat an eye ringing them up. This was all back in June/July, 2020. I haven't been nervous since then.

I'm happy for you! I'm glad you have more courage than I currently do. I would love to one day be able to both buy with confidence and go on a bit of a shopping spree with my wife. One of these days perhaps...:)

Crissy 107
01-31-2022, 10:18 PM
Totally unrelated to this thread but I just want to comment about how many new members, Jan 2022, members that have posted on this topic.
I personally think it is wonderful, Thank You!

Kris Burton
01-31-2022, 10:24 PM
My first significant purchase(s) were a royal blue kimono and beige block heel sandals. Bought the kimono on Amazon, but bought the sandals at DSW store, even tried them on while in my usual male mode - no one said a thing. I still got them, as these purchases were just this past August 2021, and enjoy wearing them. I'll have to share some pics with you all sometime.

Wendy-Lyn
02-01-2022, 12:31 AM
About 10 years ago, coming back after a purge, and all I could find in the place were a couple of pairs of fairly tired panties. So I went into a local store, in guy mode of course, and selected and paid for a half-dozen pairs. I bought a bra as well. I was so nervous, but nothing happened. Not long after, I went to a charity store and bought a skirt (which I still have and love).
Now I think nothing of just going in and buying everything from dresses to shoes, and always in guy mode. I've yet to have a noticeable reaction.

--Missy--
02-01-2022, 02:19 AM
My first purchase was more than 30 years ago. After thinking about it for a while I went to a Target and purchased some cheap satin string bikinis and a few nylon hi-cuts. A few weeks or months later I think I returned for a black knit skirt and a bralette. Yes, I still have those items. The panties probably wouldn't fit but the skirt still does.

Connie D50
02-01-2022, 06:05 AM
My first purchase was a pair of panties in 1974 lol. lasted a long time however been gone a very long time lol

krissy
02-01-2022, 08:50 AM
my first was a green dress a black full slip a pink bra and garter and panty set i still have the dress and bra and garter but dnot fit any of it but dress:daydreaming:

Georgina
02-01-2022, 09:07 AM
I can vaguely remember but I think it was a full slip. I think I still have it after forty years.

Thatonegurl99
02-01-2022, 10:15 AM
I'm hoping to muster up enough courage to make a purchase today, I'd love to have another outfit or two. I always think that someone is going to get upset or something silly will happen, but it hasn't yet.

Cheryl T
02-01-2022, 10:27 AM
First ever was a pair of pantyhose. They are long gone, they "ran" away.

Diane Douglas
02-01-2022, 10:59 AM
I remember my first purchase, twenty or so years ago, was a brown suede skirt. It no longer fits, but I still have it. Maybe someday i can squeeze into it again.

Nylon Wendy
02-01-2022, 11:16 AM
At around thirteen years old, I spent 4 weeks' pocket money on a pair of black stockings. I remember my heart racing as I took them out of the pack and slid them over my feet and up my legs. Forty years later, I still get the same feeling when I get a new set of nylons and I love it.

Raychel
02-01-2022, 11:30 AM
It was close to 50 years ago for me.
Although I certainly don't remember. I bet it was pantyhose
I got them mail-order from one of those companies that would send them regularly.

Now I don't even think about it. If
I am in a store and see a nice dress, bra, whatever. I pick it up and buy it. Never a word from other customers or store personal. Not sure what they think. And honestly don't care.

JuliannaS
02-01-2022, 01:25 PM
For me it was a pair of black tights, many years ago.

JustJennifer
02-01-2022, 05:55 PM
Pantyhose, decades ago. I shudder to think how shabby and dirty they must have been before I threw them out, because every little item was like gold to me back then.

SexyKerri
02-05-2022, 07:04 AM
My first item was pantyhose I stole from my mom. Then panties I kept from a girlfriend.
First purchases had to be panties. I can?t be sure but remember wearing them under my sweatpants in my twenties. Before that only wore girlfriends or 1st wife?s clothing
My late 20s I shopped eBay a lot and bought heels, nightie more panties and pantyhose
First purchase in a store was nair, nail polish, and some lotions and creams.and Leggs in the shell. Don?t know if they make anymore. I got a look from the clerk and smiled and walked away swinging my hips. Had thing under sweats
eBay was hit and miss. Finally drove to a cd store in Orlando and was very happy. Tried on heels that were perfect. Bought makeup and a wig corset etc.
after I came out to my 2nd wife as a cross dresser after about 9 yrs of marriage and two beautiful children, she completely rejected me. Looked at me with disgust and wanted nothing to do with me. I moved out about 7 or 8 long months later and divorce was final within 90 days. I gave her everything she wanted and she never outed me. As far as I know anyway.
After that I purged Kerrie completely and forever.
But the last couple months she has been coming back and I have been a kinder person and not short with others. Feeling like I found someone I lost.
Sorry got carried away But thats some of the things I bought and have zero from the first 30 years of Dressing

Sandrajiggle
02-05-2022, 01:53 PM
At first I collected a few bits and pieces from the bin at home. I had a collected and secreted a long white slip, odd stockings, a bra and some french knickers.
Once I left home almost 30 years ago, I was very lucky to find a carrier bag of bits and pieces left by a previous tenant. Suspender belt, more stockings and a lovely long black nightgown.
All free.
My first actual purchase was from the ' lady of paris' catalogue which I applied for by post.
I was in a shared flat but I had my own mailbox.
Keeping the cost down I vary carefully chose a pair of plain black stockings, a simple black suspender belt, and a black camisole vest. This combination triggered free matching knickers.

It was such a treat when the simple brown envelope arrived a week or so later.
It was then a few days until I felt safe enough to try everything on in my room.

I still have the camisole. It's a sung fit now but I am lucky to still be able to get into it.
It was another year or so until I gathered the courage to buy anything in an actual shop...

Ressie
02-05-2022, 02:39 PM
It was 1981 or '82. I bought a pair of pantyhose from a vending machine in Bismarck, ND. A few years later I bought a bra and panty set at either Penney's or sears. I've purged a few times since then :heehee:

JuliannaS
02-05-2022, 03:49 PM
When i was in my early 20s, i wore girls jeans, and girls tank tops. I also wore girls sneakers. That was 30 something years ago. Unfortunately i don't still have these items.

DeeDee67
02-05-2022, 05:21 PM
Panties from Bali store, my SO was with me. After that it was cami sets from VS. My first dress, full slip, night gown and thigh highs from Dillard's. Beautiful blue floral dress unfortunately it's just a tad to small. I have to admit it gets easier to just act normal, I usually get a SA to help me out. Oh, and a beautiful necklace that my SO is dying to wear. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Next purchase will be a bra and forms!

Fiona Manchmal
02-05-2022, 08:12 PM
First ever was a neat black mini (mid thigh) bodycon skirt from a catalogue. At the time I lived abroad in a large apartment block with a communal mail room. Someone had discarded the catalogue on the mailroom table and I collected it with my own mail for a browse. The model looked very good in the skirt. The skirt looked very good on the model. I liked the skirt and I liked that it wasn't just a pull-on tube but had a zip at the back. Having a zip closure was important and having it at the back particularly so. Even better, it was for the sort of money that I could afford to risk against choosing the wrong size. Best of all, when it arrived, it fit and hugged wonderfully. :) I wore it day after day after work. It gets less use these days, I've more clothes now to choose from, but it still fits. And still hugs wonderfully. :):)

The first thing I bought in person, still living abroad, was another, but somewhat shorter, possibly latex, pink mini that the salesgirl enthusiastically announced was 'hot'. That purchase involved a carefully-timed-for-a-quiet-moment, quick-in-and-out visit to a local boutique (!) whose window mannequins modelled the skirts. I had to have one although this one cost somewhat more money. Seeing it in the window day after day, desire wore me down and I planned my raid. For a while the skirt was fun but ultimately it went in one of my purges - probably for the best. It was a bit young for me even then.

Kerry Michaels
02-06-2022, 10:27 AM
I bought a purple satin playsuit and some cheap makeup. It felt nice but looked ridiculous so I threw it away.
After a while in the wilderness of trying things here and there, I did a M&S click and collect of make up, (lots) underwear, chicken fillets with a wig from amazon.
Stuck to borrowing dresses for a little while but I will never forget the first times in the wig. Truly life changing.

Patience
02-21-2022, 10:22 AM
It was a blue and white floral skirt off the dollar rack at a thrift store.

This was four years ago or so. I still have it.

Sallee
02-21-2022, 11:15 AM
My first was a bra from an outlet store No its long gone I have made and still do make purchases from thrift stores

DestinyJ
02-21-2022, 11:24 AM
I was 16 and I purchased lingerie from Walmart lol

Vihaaraa
02-21-2022, 12:02 PM
My first purchase was a green lace frock, a pink bra and a panty

Jackie27
02-21-2022, 01:15 PM
My first purchase had to have been when I was about 12 or 13. I went to Carson, Peiry, Scott, and upscale department store. I went up to the counter where the hosiery was sold, that was in the day when hose came in a flat box. I bought two pair of jet black stockings and couldn't wait to get home and put them on. I know the lady that helped me knew they were for me but she was very helpful and didn't hesitate to sell them to me.

StacyG
02-21-2022, 01:56 PM
1985 I was 15 and roe my bike to Valley View mall and went into Victoria's Secret and bought a red satin garter belt and black nylons.

Marsha Louise
02-24-2022, 11:28 AM
Eight or nine years ago I read a magazine article about women's jeans and how well they fit. On a whim, I went to the local thrift store and bought three pairs of skinny jeans.I took them home and much to my delight when I tried them on I was transported to a level of comfort and sensual satisfaction that I never knew existed.
Prior to that day I had never given much thought at all to matters of clothing. Things sure have changed though!

Michelle1955
02-24-2022, 01:32 PM
Not my 1st, but 1st purchase that made your stomach into knots.
Ie 1976 made a phone order from JC Penny which took like a week to come into the store, you had to walk up to the counter in the back of the building and the sales lady would pull order (bag) open it and check off the invoice to verify it was correct. Was my 2nd year in college, had a full body brief, foam forms, panties, bra. I sure back in 1976 they had good employee break room conversations.

I could wait to get to the dorm room to try my purchases on. 1st set of forms provided good shape over homemade forms. But no weight to the foam forms, but was 1976.

Sporco
02-24-2022, 04:18 PM
Pantyhose at the local pharmacy. I think I was maybe 12. Rode my bike there.

Stephanie47
02-25-2022, 11:16 AM
My first purchase was a knee length pink peignoir set purchased by my wife and me in 1972. We were shopping together for a nightgown for me. Yes, I still have it and still wear it. That's not the oldest nightgown I wear. When my wife was clearing out all the nightgowns that no longer fit her she offered to me the first nightgown I bought for her which was in 1971. It is a white midi length peignoir set by Avian. Midi on me; ankle length of my wife. In fact as I am banging away on this keyboard I am wearing the white peignoir and a white Vanity Fair panty.

StephanieLake
02-25-2022, 03:33 PM
Outer clothes, yes, because I just bought it a couple months ago. I was at Goodwill and saw the dress I'm wearing in my profile pic. Seven dollars and it still had the Old Navy tag on it for $24.99.

Fiona Lindum
02-26-2022, 05:06 AM
I first purchased underwear many years ago( knickers and tights) which I wore under my boy clothes. My first outerwear purchase was a denim mini skirt.

Lacey New
02-26-2022, 07:33 AM
Way back in the 70s I was a young bachelor living by myself in a small apartment. I had a Macys credit card because I had to have appropriate clothing for work. The bills came in the mail and I wrote a check to pay the bill. Well, one day the bill came and one of the advertising inserts in the bill was for Pam nylon brief panties. They were $3.00 apiece and they would mail them to you. I was excited beyond belief. I splurged and ordered a whole $18.00 worth of panties in white and soft pastels and could not wait for the mail to come. About a week later, a couple of small arrived and I was in heaven. The panties are now long gone but the memory is still there.

Linda E. Woodworth
02-26-2022, 08:28 AM
Pantyhose at an out of town hotel gift shop.

Wore them once, and destroyed them in the dryer.

Oh well, live and learn.....

Mary Loo
02-28-2022, 12:22 PM
Official answer is while traveling for work one time in say my 40s? I was halfway across the country and alone and after a few drinks at the bar, went to a WalMart of KMart and bought 2 nightgowns. I think it was January or close to Valentine’s Day at the time and when the cashier sort of gave me a sideways look I answered with the tried and true known lie of they are for my wife for Valentine’s Day.

I went back to the hotel and tried them on excitedly. I still have them, but rarely put them on anymore.

Now, excepting those, only recently have I truly bought anything. From Amazon, 3 dresses, a pair of 3” heels and from WalMart 3 costume necklaces and a shapeware girdle with breast cups and straps that can come undone. In the past all I would do is use an old small belt of my wife’s to cinch in my gut.

That is ALL of my purchases so far.

kirsten82
03-03-2022, 11:34 AM
Vanity Fair Briefs were my first purchase. For some reason I got the urge to try them and there was a VF Outlet near our house. So I took the plunge.

P_Alexis
03-03-2022, 06:23 PM
My first purchase was some bras, thongs, & a pair of boy short panties. Well the thongs didn't work out so well since my boys wouldn't stay in place. I gave them to my wife.

Melissa73
03-03-2022, 06:39 PM
My 1st purchase back early 90s....was at Target. I wandered for awhile around the womens clothing...scared that someone might see me. Finally i grabbed a black thong leotard and realized i needed tights. So scared, but i purchased them.

ShirleyN
03-04-2022, 09:36 AM
Yes I do indeed. It was back in 1998. I bought a navy pleated a school skirt and then later on a black hobble skirt. The school skirt I still have unfortunately the other skirt I don't have anymore unfortunately and wish I still had it as it was so comfortable. Both of these were bought from a shop which sadly doesn't exist here in Ireland anymore.

Jessica Secret
03-04-2022, 01:17 PM
I've always been obsessed with bridal sleepwear, and my first purchase was at 16, a gorgeous bridal satin nightgown/negligee from Dillard's and on the same day bought another one from Macy's. Heaven.

Sandrajiggle
03-09-2022, 07:22 AM
My first purchase in an actual shop was an opportunity I spotted while working away.
There was a hardware store which I went to for bit's and pieces for work.
The shop also sold homeware and some clothing.
I had initially been attracted by a Doreen longline bra. On the same rack were foundation panties.
There were some skirts and blouses too.
I was far enough from home that I felt safe . It was a few days before I actually got the courage to stand by the rack. Check the size information on the packet.
Put the three items, bra panties and a plain dark grey pencil skirt in a crispy cheep fabric, into the basket.
I took everything to the till. I felt strange. Must have been obvious that the clothes were for me. I was even embarrassed that the undies were not sexy in any normal way.
It was also the sort of shop that lacks any care. There was no second glance.
I was handed a carrier bag.
It was going to be another 6 hours of work before I could open the bags and try everything on.

Nowerdays I am happy to shop in charity shop, supermarket and online.

JulieC
03-09-2022, 05:51 PM
@Sandrajiggle; That's the bonus of shopping in a place away from home. There's just no consequence. So what if they think you're a crossdresser. It doesn't matter! :)

Prazia
03-16-2022, 06:30 PM
A blue skirt and a pink top from a small local store. I was ecstatic, needless to say! Unfortunately, I had to dump them in the trash after a few months when living arrangements didn't have any privacy to store alternative wardrobe.

BrendaPDX
03-16-2022, 10:53 PM
My first purchase was a dress from the Salvation Army. Sadly I don't have it any longer. It probably wouldn't fit me anyway.:love:

Elizabeth Marie
03-17-2022, 08:04 AM
My first purchase was a pair of pantyhose, ca. 1978. They went the way of all pantyhose, but it gave me the confidence to continue to buy anything I wanted.

RachelWCat
03-17-2022, 08:42 AM
A pair of black faux leather gloves from Marks & Spencer in the UK. Probably early 80s in my early teens. I was terrified and thrilled at the same time. The gloves weren't that great quality and I ended up pinching a pair of my mums!

Phose86
03-17-2022, 02:13 PM
My first purchase would be a pair of tan pantyhose from walgreens. I was 21. I was real nervous at the time but kept telling my self to do it. The cashier was a lady in her 40s. She rang me up thinking she was gonna say something but no, not a word at all about them or a look. I was so excited when i got in the car. I do still have the pair in its package. By the way im new here and glad i found this website.

Karren H
03-18-2022, 10:21 PM
Mine was in 1969, I was 17. My girlfriend called my up and asked me to pick her up a pair of pantyhose on the way over to her house. We were going over to her grandmothers for a Christmas party. So I stopped by the local grocery store and bought 2 pair of L'eggs in suntan, one for her and one for me. L'eggs had just come out a few months earlier. The cashier gave me a strange look but even back then I could care less what people thought. Pretty sure her pair didn't make it through the night! We were rough on pantyhose!

Do I still have them? Who the hell has 53 year old pantyhose laying around? lol Since then I have grown to hate pantyhose. Thigh Highs or nothing!

Crissy 107
03-19-2022, 05:33 AM
Oh Karren, you bad girl ruining that girls pantyhose, LOL

Phose, Nice story, welcome aboard! I recommend letting us know something about yourself in the introduction forum at the top.

TAG
03-19-2022, 07:00 AM
Its been so long I don't remember but it never scared me to buy any female items.
I have never cared what others thought. Well maybe when I was a teenager.

Katherine L.
03-21-2022, 01:52 AM
I was 24 years old and in the Army at a training course at Fort McClellan, AL. I ended up buying two Playtex bras at a mini post exchange one afternoon. I bought two because for some reason I thought I would give myself away by just buying one. I was terrified that someone would question what I was doing, but no one seemed notice, or if they did they didn?t say anything.