PDA

View Full Version : Does it feel normal and natural to you?

Heather76
02-07-2022, 06:19 PM
Since I've started underdressing pretty much 24/7, it has struck me why I like cross dressing so much. Wearing bras/bralettes, breast forms, panties, stockings, and garters simply feels normal and natural. My wife, while not a fan, has come a long way in her acceptance. Today, while completely underdressed including a bra and my DD cup breast forms, she didn't hesitate at all giving me a tight embrace that smashed my breast forms to her breasts. Even at our age, we still enjoy deep kisses (or swapping spit as we call it - lol!!) and she is good to go with that while I'm wearing the breast forms. I've no idea right now if she is at the point where my wearing is becoming natural and normal to her; but, I know it is for me. Earlier today, I had to go out to a store. Since the breast forms would be noticeable, I removed them and placed my silicone inserts in the bra cups. I just needed something in there to remind me of the girl that's in me.

Anyway, I'm curious how many cross dressers (not M2F trans woman) feel this same way. Or, do most tend to feel as though they are doing something that, while enjoyable and fun, isn't normal and/or natural?

ziggie
02-07-2022, 06:46 PM
I think I fall in the normal/natural camp. I mostly underdress so it is not difficult to go about my daily activities and become completely oblivious to my dressing. Only when I am wearing breast forms do I have a sense that I've gone beyond natural.

Gillian Gigs
02-07-2022, 06:52 PM
In the early days after the dirty deed was done I couldn't get undressed fast enough. As I started to accept my quirks, I progressively moved towards wearing all forms of lingerie all of the time. Now, it feels so totally normal, I rarely think about it anymore. Being honest with myself, I now prefer and want it that way, because I love wearing the clothes.

MarinaTwelve200
02-07-2022, 07:13 PM
Nope-----It's not the point to feel "normal" when you are an "Escapist". The idea is to get AWAY from one's male self and become someone else entirely. a complete detachment.------And then totally relax and "UNWIND" away from my own personal worries and the stress and bother of "Manhood" as well.-----Not to mention the sheer fun of simply "Feeling pretty". But then, different people may cross dress for different reasons, some entirely opposite.

missjoann49
02-07-2022, 07:14 PM
For me, It's who I am and who I was meant to be

Karren H
02-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Yeah! Normal, but not wearing forms. I do not even know where my old forms are and anyway they are smaller than my breasts are now. Having large breasts has become my new normal. The ultimate reminder!

sometimes_miss
02-07-2022, 08:38 PM
Yes, girl clothes just feel normal, and boy clothes feel like a costume. Even day to day behavior, I feel like I'm acting out the part of a 'standard issue guy' whenever dressed in male clothing, and I get by, by looking at my boy clothes as my 'man uniform' that I have to wear to do work or tasks which I wouldn't want to do in a dress. But I of course change back to myself, in something pretty, as soon as the 'job' is over.

NancySue
02-08-2022, 12:56 AM
Natural? Absolutely. For those rare times I don?t wear panties, a bra and hose, it feels very unnatural. As indicated in another thread, I have both a cup bras and b cup bras and all my bras are underwires. I fill an a cup quite nicely and mostly fill a b cup. I love everything about bras, strap adjustments, bending over scooping, and hand washing. Yes, I?ve received a few glances, but have also received some smiles.

Aka_Donna
02-08-2022, 01:29 AM
Not yet and it's been many years. Within the hour of dressed, then it feels comfortable, but the first half hour can be a mixed bag of feelings and thoughts.

GaleWarning
02-08-2022, 02:23 AM
I am another who is free to dress as I like on a daily basis. It's completely normal and comfortable. I am happy.

Lori Ann Westlake
02-08-2022, 03:07 AM
We're all so very different here! Speaking for myself alone, I can't say that wearing panties, or especially a bra, "feels normal," so much as it feels deliciously different from wearing male clothes. Even wearing women's pants over nylons feels wonderfully different from wearing ordinary men's pants over bare legs. To me, wearing women's clothes together does have a "consistent" feeling, a bra under a pretty blouse, top, or dress for instance, to give me "breasts." However, I myself don't "underdress." That to me feels "abnormal," especially with a bra. I have no problem with being male and dressing as one, but I'd rather be "all Larry" or "all Lori" at any given time. Mixing the two together seems to me to dilute and spoil the enjoyment of either. I keep meaning to start a thread about that to see how other members feel.

Kris Burton
02-08-2022, 03:14 AM
Given my home situation, dressing seems "normal" and "natural" in that, although mostly a solo act, I don't have to sneak around and feel guilty as if I'm doing something perverted or wrong. But "normal" and "natural" as in commonplace or everyday - never! - and I hope it never becomes that. Dressing is way too much fun for me and I hope never to lose the sensual/emotional high that it brings.

Jolene Robertson
02-08-2022, 04:53 AM
It feels quite normal to me but I've worn panties 24/7 for 30 years, my ears pierced and either trouser socks or knee highs and a shoulder length wig for as long. For the last 10 years mostly ladies slacks and shoes. So other than being fully dressed with makeup I am usually a blend anyway. I dress when I want but not everyday as when I dress I like the makeup and everything which takes more time than I want to put into it sometimes. It all has started to feel just normal to me but still exciting at the same time. I've had these feelings for years and never expressed them and it's so fulfilling to finally be able to just be me. Having a spouse that supports is the biggest thrill and if not for her I'd still be in the closet and suppressing most of those feelings I'm sure.

Connie D50
02-08-2022, 05:49 AM
Heather I'm with you 100% it does feel normal and natural to me.

kimdl93
02-08-2022, 07:17 AM
I suppose i will always struggle with the terms normal and natural. There are times when I feel anything but.

Alice92
02-08-2022, 07:27 AM
Wearing the clothes in which I am the most attractive, in which I feel the most comfortable and that I find the most beautiful? That's what everyone does, right? Very normal and natural.

Helen_Highwater
02-08-2022, 07:44 AM
When I was lucky enough to meet up with two others from this place late last year, while we were sat, all enfemme, just chatting in the pub, the remark was made as to just how right, how normal, being there dressed felt.

Generally I'd say that when dressing around the house I'm as comfortable, as relaxed wearing femme things as I am drab. I prefer the femme things, they look and feel nicer but it might not be pushing things too far to say I no longer have men and women's clothes, as Eddie Izzard says, they're my clothes.

docrobbysherry
02-08-2022, 08:36 AM
I vote , "No". Nothing normal or natural about how I dress. Tite shaping gear, warm synthetics and silicone prosthesis, uncomfortable wigs, masks, and hi heels.:doh:

I don't want to look or feel like a man when I dress. And, I like to be constantly reminded of that difference!:o

Erin Lafleur
02-08-2022, 08:41 AM
We're all so very different here! Speaking for myself alone, I can't say that wearing panties, or especially a bra, "feels normal," so much as it feels deliciously different from wearing male clothes. Even wearing women's pants over nylons feels wonderfully different from wearing ordinary men's pants over bare legs. To me, wearing women's clothes together does have a "consistent" feeling, a bra under a pretty blouse, top, or dress for instance, to give me "breasts." However, I myself don't "underdress." That to me feels "abnormal," especially with a bra. I have no problem with being male and dressing as one, but I'd rather be "all Larry" or "all Lori" at any given time. Mixing the two together seems to me to dilute and spoil the enjoyment of either. I keep meaning to start a thread about that to see how other members feel.

I agree 100% Lori. I've been confined to under dressing these past few months and while it helps to scratch the itch somewhat, it's just nowhere near the same. I prefer to be one or the other myself (preferably, the other)! I've had to satisfy my urges by buying a good deal of lingerie, stockings, skirts, blouses, new wig, heels etc and have so far been limited to trying everything on for fit and then storing away. Truly frustrating to say the least. I'm really looking forward to dressing completely and freely very soon...

Krisi
02-08-2022, 09:28 AM
I dress often enough that it does feel normal to have long hair, breasts and an enhanced hips and butt. I could live like this if it were not necessary to go out in public. I even went to the grocery store a couple weeks ago wearing everything but my wig but it was very cold outside so I (and everyone else) was all bundled up in coats, hats and gloves. The coat is bulky and loose enough to conceal the boobs and larher hips. I did wear the wig while driving to and from the store.

As for my wife, when she comes home and I'm dressed, she says nothing and we go about our day so I suppose it's becoming normal for her as well.

CynthiaD
02-08-2022, 10:47 AM
Completely normal. I crossdress every day, all day most days. When I have boy stuff to do, I shuck off the boy clothes and put on my girl clothes the instant I get home. I get the same feeling I had when I changed out of my uniform during my army days. Off with the weird clothes, on with my normal clothes.

To me female clothing is the only type of clothing that feels normal.

Stephj
02-08-2022, 11:17 AM
I am just a underdressed I wear my panties and a bra everyday with no forms and I feel normal without a bra knife feel uncomfortable

Jenni6521
02-08-2022, 01:27 PM
I am a bit more like Stephj. I am only able to underdress, which I do most workdays. Unless like today, I had appointments where that would just not work. Since my wife has agreed to the underdressing I feel happy to do that. I would certainly like to have more opportunities to fully dress but I take whatever I am able to have, and enjoy it. I don't have forms, mine are a natural B cup. I wear a t-shirt type bra with light support and no underwire. Panties are becoming more normal since I have been wearing them most days even before "The Talk." I have fallen in love with muc luc women's socks and have several pairs of them. I also have some trouser socks. So on those days that I have to be dressed in full male attire I do notice not having my silky and soft items on.

Debbie Denier
02-08-2022, 02:54 PM
I agree with Marina about the escapism. The object of the exercise is to be different and get away from the boring male mode and taste the so called forbidden fruit.Like Steph and Jenni my opportunities are currently limited. So I under dress which is feeling a bit like the new normal as wife does not accept. Also life is so busy.

Jessica Secret
02-08-2022, 05:02 PM
Definitely normal and natural for me at this point. I wear panties all the time and I wear beautiful/romantic lingerie to bed almost every night, so I couldn't imagine not wearing it at this point and I feel really fem and womanly because of it.

Georgina
02-08-2022, 05:17 PM
I feel totally normal without and shame or guilt. I am of the opinion that clothes are for everyone and not gender related. I dress in skirts or dresses as part of a complete outfit, no wig or make up, every night after work because I like the clothes more than my male clothes.

Brianne_bc
02-08-2022, 09:30 PM
For me it does.
As I discovered in reading neurotribes pursuing feminine things can present itself in autistic boys. Which it seems to have done with me.

JennyMay
02-09-2022, 12:47 AM
The word I would use is that it feels ‘right’. I wear the clothes that are correct for me. I had to go to the doctors recently and wore my one pair of emergency underpants. I couldn’t wait to change when I got home as it felt so odd and uncomfortable.

Wendy-Lyn
02-09-2022, 06:53 AM
In a little lass than 8 months I've gone from dressing occasionally (and almost never completely) to dressing every day, venturing out in the car and on foot, enjoying my photography hobby and I've even done a bit of shopping. And it shows no sign of easing off.

It feels more 'normal' by the day, to be dressed at least partially. I have realised that most women don't wear skirts and dresses all the time, so I've been wearing faded and strategically-holed blue jeans a lot, paired with a unisex top, my jewellery and shoes, and a wig. And my forms, of course. I'm loving it, and am going with it. This morning, I painted my finger-nails for the first time. I've been letting them grow a bit but I'm going to have to cut them soon (see next para for reason) so wanted to see how they'd look first.

If 'coming out' was an option (it's not), I would love to go '24/7' at least for a while, to test the waters so to speak..

Cheryl T
02-09-2022, 11:21 AM
Dressing has always seemed normal to me.
It was always the fact that others didn't agree that was the issue.

I no longer underdress as my closet is nearly devoid of men's clothes at this point.

Heather76
02-09-2022, 12:16 PM
I had to go to the doctors recently and wore my one pair of emergency underpants. I couldn’t wait to change when I got home as it felt so odd and uncomfortable.

I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday with a doctor I've never seen before at the VA facility I've just been assigned to due to our recent move. Because I will be asking for a referral to the VA's LGBTQ+ program, I plan to wear panties (I own no male underwear) and a bralette with inserts. Well after making the decision to wear the bralette I learned the doctor I will see is a female. She will be the first person to learn of my crossdressing aside from my wife. I expect to be a bit nervous; but, that's okay.

Jenny, would it be so terrible for your doc to know you like to wear panties? I guess if you know your doctor on a social level outside his/her medical practice, it could be awkward. But, if the only time you see the doc is during appointments, why not go for it?

Jenni6521
02-09-2022, 01:39 PM
Heather, great question. I do this out of respect for my wife, she is the practice administrator of the medical practice that I go to. I would think what did not bother me, would probably mortify her. I am sure that my NP would keep this to herself, but even then I would not want to do something to bother my wife.

FrankieB
02-09-2022, 02:28 PM
It feels normal to me, or why else would I do it? I feel at ease dressed. I can work from home, so dress 'business like' for most of the working day, as long as I have no video calls.
It's just that the rest of the world doesn't view it or accept it as normal.
Unfortunately, I have to revert to type in the outside world.

Marissa Q
02-09-2022, 02:53 PM
Anything exciting I've ever done in my life has never felt 'normal' and that includes crossdressing. Exciting? Provocative? Contentious? Most definitely. Sometimes I think that I wouldn't want it to be otherwise. To exist is to stand out; that's life's deepest command. And although my dressing is for the most part closeted, even alone I feel the power of standing out and transcending even my own versions of "normal".

In retrospect I think it's safe to say that I don't really feel "natural" at either end of the traditional binary, yet I rarely feel confused about it. For me, any "naturalness" that occurs is a direct by-product of how "natural" it feels to slide between dual manifestations of gender. Some can quip that I'm simply non-committal, but I have to say I've grown rather comfortable in that undefinable space in-between.

CrossKimmy
02-09-2022, 04:05 PM
Women?s clothing feels very natural on my body

MostlyMK
02-10-2022, 09:59 AM
I dress about 2 days/week, head-to-toe. It's hard to say it feels "normal" when it actually feels like stress relief. Am I comfortable in femme clothing? Yes. I'm also comfortable in male clothes. But I certainly still notice I feel different on those femme days.

AndreaXD67
02-10-2022, 12:14 PM
I have only been dressing a week or so, and yes it feels natural, I live alone so can dress all day in house if i wish, which i do ;)

HollyGreene
02-10-2022, 03:43 PM
It feels totally natural to me.
However, when I first started was in a time when homosexuality was illegal in the UK, so anything like crossdressing was considered to be totally abnormal. So it was a guilty secret and I had a total fear of being found out. That continued until I was about 18, when although I kept it a secret, I no longer had the guilt. It was just part of who I am.

Geena75
02-10-2022, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure how to respond, generally wondering what do I wear that does feel "normal" or "natural"? I spend so little time dressed (or underdressed) that I couldn't say it does. What I can say is that it feels comfortable and familiar -- and enjoyable.

Veronica Lacey
02-10-2022, 10:58 PM
This topic appears to be an easy one to discuss yet it does offer room for a variety of tangents.

I feel that I am quite accustomed to wearing what I wear - lingerie, heels, dresses, skirts, blouses - to the point that I could almost forget I'm wearing them at all when I plan on heading out of the house. I truly do forget as it feels much like my male wardrobe does: clothes that I wear. Also to note that wearing high heels came almost instantly and naturally to me from the first pair I tried on so long ago to today. Sliding on stockings is as mindless to me as tying a tie is for many men.

Yet...I also never forget that I am wearing those silicone forms and I don't forget what gear I am sporting in my panties. This leads me to feel that the foundation itself is not natural for me even if I am accustomed to wearing such things for extended periods of time.

I'm okay with my dressing feeling normal and almost mundane as I continue to love and enjoy the experiences nonetheless.

Linda K.
02-11-2022, 01:47 PM
Let me say it this way. I have so much stress at work that my blood pressure is elevated (140 over 85) and I have been having chest pains as well for the last two weeks. My roommate is out of town this weekend and I decided to epilate my legs, wear my forms with my new favorite bra, and my favorite pantyhose. My blood pressure is down 10 points and my chest pains are gone!!! I would have to say it feels natural!

Brianne_bc
02-11-2022, 02:16 PM
Let me say it this way. I have so much stress at work that my blood pressure is elevated (140 over 85) and I have been having chest pains as well for the last two weeks. My roommate is out of town this weekend and I decided to epilate my legs, wear my forms with my new favorite bra, and my favorite pantyhose. My blood pressure is down 10 points and my chest pains are gone!!! I would have to say it feels natural!

For me being on the autism spectrum, dressing is a type of stimming. Its calming and feels good especially being hypertactile it certainly has a calming feel good effect.

Heather76
02-11-2022, 07:52 PM
I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday with a doctor I've never seen before at the VA facility I've just been assigned to due to our recent move. Because I will be asking for a referral to the VA's LGBTQ+ program, I plan to wear panties (I own no male underwear) and a bralette with inserts. Well after making the decision to wear the bralette I learned the doctor I will see is a female. She will be the first person to learn of my crossdressing aside from my wife. I expect to be a bit nervous; but, that's okay.

The best laid plans............................go awry. I received a phone call from the VA yesterday informing me my doctor has some meetings in the afternoon on the 15th and will be out of town all day. Thus, my appointment has been moved to March 12th. That's really not a problem for me; but, it delays my referral to the LGBTQ+ program by a month. I'm hoping that meeting with the doctor heading up this program will give me a better insight in how to deal more effectively with my wife. I would like so much to be sitting here right now fully dressed rather than only underdressed. She knows I'm underdressed. It's not an issue. While she is accepting that I cross dress, she doesn't really want to see me dressed.

abby054
02-12-2022, 07:16 AM
No. This may be normal and natural for some, whatever those words may mean, but for me, this is neither normal nor natural.
- My femme name is Abby. I defiantly own what my wife calls me, Abby-Normal.
- It is not natural to engage in behavior that some may consider mentally ill and unbalanced for the purpose of restoring mental health and balance.

Ressie
02-12-2022, 11:44 AM
I now wear panties every day and don't even think about it anymore. I don't do much underdressing other than that except leggings during winter instead of long johns. I also sleep in leggings and women's long sleeve shirts. As far as those things go I'd just say I'm use to it.

alwayshave
02-13-2022, 11:31 AM
I have been underdressing for so long, it would feel unnatural to wear men's underwear. I never feel more comfortable then when fully dressed as a women from head to toe.

Paulie Birmingham
02-13-2022, 12:40 PM
If it felt normal and natural then I wouldn't do it. There is still a thrill for me when i dress

Angela Marie
02-14-2022, 06:22 AM
I have been dressing and going out for many years. As for underdressing I don't know if this applies but I wear leggings or denim leggings almost 24/7. When I put on a pair of mens pants it feels almost unnatural. I still get some looks, although not as many as I would have thought, but going on 68 i really don't care much. The only time I really don't wear them is when my wife and I go out to dinner with friends or are with family. Thats her request, and since she has been supportive I gladly agree.

marilyn m
02-14-2022, 12:32 PM
Totally agree with you, somebody asked me once what time of man are you?lol
that got me thinking i dont know , really switching between genders, sometimes full on male sometimes full on female and sometimes neither :twirl:

Jane G
02-14-2022, 12:37 PM
Heck where to start with normal. :eek: It's a scale. Wearing a bra, being dressed in female attire, is completely normal to me. Just part of every day, who I am. But I believe I am relatively low on the TS spectrum, just my view though. Who knows, in different circumstances I might have transitioned. Just enjoy what life presents before you. Chase dreams if feel you must. But survive and make the most of what you have in front of you.

Georgia Rose
02-17-2022, 08:21 AM
When I dress it feels normal and natural to me. That's when I'm Georgia Rose in my tiny brain and not my other self. Even underdressing when I do so feels natural. There is a sense of escapism at times as men's clothing is just so boring. If I could just get my hands on whoever made all the rules for men I could fix things up for good!

Molly Dodd
02-17-2022, 01:12 PM
Very new to this, only two weeks, but it feels very right.

Kellyxx
02-17-2022, 04:35 PM
It does now after over 40 years. Lots of guilt for a long time, but I've come to accept it as part of me in recent years. I see it was wearing what I like and what makes me feel comfortable.

FrannGurl
02-17-2022, 09:37 PM
Just BE YOU.
There's no reason to feel guilty for dressing or doing your makeup. This doesn't mean you have to show the whole world , but be comfortable in your own skin. Perhaps there are a few close friends you can share it with. I find that women friends are much more understanding...You might be surprised.