PDA

View Full Version : are slips just for old ladies

Felicia Fox
04-08-2006, 09:18 AM
hi,

i have a question i do love to wear pantyhose with high heels but do really have to wear pantyhose with heels i do wear ladies lingerie i normally wear a soft ladies sweater a slip high heels and a real furcoat please tell me if a slip is just for old ladies i have to know.

Toni
04-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Slips have got to be one of the sexiest and sensuous garments ever made and they are certainly not just for old ladies, altho' I am one myself.

barbie lanai
04-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Maybe they are, I'm old and wear one. Love them since a kid.

Breanne
04-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Love them too, but it seems so hard to get nice fancy ones any more. Oh take me back to the 60's and 70's!

Angela Burke
04-08-2006, 11:08 AM
I've got three origional full length silk slips I bought from a 50's - 60's retro. shop.
They are the most feminine garments I possess.
They are beautiful to look at and just a joy to wear.
I wouldn't say slips are exclusively for "old ladies", they're for whoever likes them.
I always wear a slip under my skirt.

JoannaDees
04-08-2006, 11:21 AM
They sound non-functional, so what's the point? Were they developed because of skirts made of loosely woven material, thus they are like a wind shield? Kind of like ties for men. Useless, non-functional, uncomfortable and in existence for a most goofy reason.

There is a reason slips are not so popular, they have no use. Women are just smarter when it comes to comfort in clothes. They've absconded with the comfy men's attire, and left the god-awful suits and ties to men. And look at the baggy, horrid style in vogue for the young men now! Hey, how did I get into a clothing rant?

Sherlyn
04-08-2006, 11:27 AM
all my longer skirts have a lining ..short skirts ....NEVER a slip ...well Ive said it before I don't even own 1 ...but as for old ladies only ...I really don't think so ...ask Tamara :)

Tina Dixon
04-08-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't all ways have one on but I do like then, just feel lady like with on on.

LindaTS
04-08-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm dressed every day and wear a skirt or dress about 99% of the time. Jeans the other 1%. But I always wear a half slip with skirts and wouldn't have it any other way.

SherriePall
04-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Ladies-- Unless the skirt or dress is lined, a slip is almost mandatory to prevent seeing through in the sunlight. The late Princess Diane caused a stir years ago when photographs of her were published with the sunlight causing her skirt to be almost non-existent. And they're not just for "old ladies"! Afterall, when do we become old?

Tamara Croft
04-08-2006, 12:46 PM
all my longer skirts have a lining ..short skirts ....NEVER a slip ...well Ive said it before I don't even own 1 ...but as for old ladies only ...I really don't think so ...ask Tamara :)Ask me?? hmm.... not a good idea to ask me :D *turns off tact mode* Slips are for Grannies ;) *renables tact mode and runs* :lol:

annekathleen
04-08-2006, 12:53 PM
I recently purchased a few sheer secretary dresses from E-Bay.
While wearing them, you can definately see right through the material, so I dug out a few of my favorite slips to wear. Not only do they feel so feminine, you can see the lacey edge of the slip through the dress, but the slip does a wonderful job of concealing the rest of me. So lady like and proper!

Lauren Mitchell
04-08-2006, 01:47 PM
I started out by wearing slips many years ago. I have always loved how soft and sexy they are. The feel against skin is wonderful.

I find that my clothing lies nicer when I wear a slip, plus it can help the 'see-through' problem. They also make you feel more feminine. But at times, when I don't mind a hint of my bra showing through a blouse, which I think can be very sexy, I will wear only a half slip.

I really like skirts with a slit in the side. I think that when walking, a hint of the hem of a lacey slip peeking through the slit, is not only feminine, but sexy as well.

The big thing about slips, is they can be very warm in the summer.

Other than that, I would never be caught without a slip on.

Slips for old ladies??? I don't think so.

TGMarla
04-08-2006, 01:55 PM
...Slips are for Grannies...I'm deeply ashamed of my grand-daughter!

Hey, who says they're for grannies? (err...besides Tamara, that is!) Look, kids, when you get older, you can make the rules. But as long as you're dying your hair purple, piercing things that shouldn't have extra holes in them, tattooing yourselves in places that don't need ink, and listening to some *******ized imitation of what music is supposed to be, shaddap!

I love slips. If that makes me an old, then I'm old. But you young whippersnappers are seriously missing out on one of the most sensuous garments ever made for women. I'll keep mine, thank you.

Tamara Croft
04-08-2006, 02:51 PM
But as long as you're dying your hair purple, piercing things that shouldn't have extra holes in them, tattooing yourselves in places that don't need ink, and listening to some *******ized imitation of what music is supposed to beWoah.... do you like have cams in my house or something???.... hums the toon of twighlight zone....

Julie Avery
04-08-2006, 03:09 PM
All the GG's I've known well enough to know what they wore under their dresses or skirts wore slips.

I'm dodging the "old lady" thing here, what point is served by sleeping on the couch?:eek:

sparks
04-08-2006, 03:14 PM
I got nabbed by my mother in one when I was in my teens! So unless I was older than my years....

Ms Alison Janes
04-08-2006, 03:16 PM
I love slips, but then I am old.

ashlee chiffon
04-08-2006, 03:20 PM
one of those red vintage slips,lots of lace on the bodice and hem..some lacy satin panties and matching bra underneath, black thigh hi's and red stillettos...
nice wig and makeup, long dangly earrings, blood red nails..
then head for the halloween party!
*might want to wear a panty girdle to hide oneself, also, as this outfit can be verrry exciting to wear out!*
oppps...sorry...got carried away!

anne16
04-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Love Them very sexy and fem i also love net petticoats, nylon nightdresses.
Anne:

carol ann
04-08-2006, 03:47 PM
I am also well past the first flush of youth but I love slips or cami tops and also french knickers

Dena
04-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I love pretty, lacy full slips!! I once scored 4 Wonder Maid slips in
a thrift store (I tried to only buy 2, but I could'nt resist)! That was a good day.

As for the granny thing... well, I am wearing the granny panties-which go so well with a slip.

MelindaC
04-08-2006, 05:08 PM
I've been wearing a slip for almost 50 years now --- yep, I guess that does date me!! (I guess that makes me a granny too ??? :shocked: I cannot fathom wearing a dress or skirt without a nice slip on. Just doesn't seem right or complete, or something. I've always loved how soft and sexy they feel, too. I agree, the nice ones are getting much harder to find...

Mandy Salamander
04-08-2006, 05:13 PM
I love slips, but then I am old.
ditto...

Alexis51
04-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Must be a generational thing. I am no "spring chicken" but I love full slips. I find them to be so sexy and comfortable, even when doing housework or lounging around the house. After a shower in
morning, it's so easy to slip into panties and a slip. Sure beats sweats all to hell!!!

just my two cents..

Alexis

Diannna
04-08-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm 59 headed toward that 60 mark. I grew up in an era of slips, both half and full. I have a drawer full of very pretty half slips and wear them often. I also have maybe 20 or so full slips of different lengths and colors and different degree of lace on them. It seems to make everything I wear feel or fit better. Skirts don't seem to rise easily when sitting. My g/f does not wear panties or slips............... that is till I came around. I've given her a dozen half slips ( some of the prettier ones I have......... (no matter we share them anyway now) and I've taylored a couple full slips for her to fit. Now she has bought a few of her own. She said, I hadn't realized what I was missing. I'm still working on the panty thing. I've tried the "no panty thing" and it just dosn't seem to work for me. I couldn't imagine why, hehehe!

Teresa Amina
04-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Gotta have a slip! I found a nice vintage '60s one on ebay, lots of good stuff there which may not be stylish nowadays but is oh so lovely.

Joy Carter
04-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Any color you can imagine as long as it's black.

TGMarla
04-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Woah.... do you like have cams in my house or something???....

:lol2:

Marla GG
04-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I have to agree with my homegirl Tamara, slips are definitely for gr-- er, what I mean is, they tend to appeal to those who appreciate vintage and retro foundation garments. :D

Now, having said that, I do enjoy wearing mine! I also like garter belts and seamed stockings, open-bottom girdles, and cone bras. But like most women under 50, I don't wear them as my regular underwear. Slips are just a fun dress-up item for me, not part of my daily wardrobe.

Hugs,
Marla

Cindy L
04-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Slips are a part of my dressing up. They seem to make things flow and feel good also.

osteph
04-09-2006, 02:12 AM
I also think that a slip, especially a full slip, is the most feminine of garments.
As others have said, it seems to be getting more and more difficult to get a nice slip.in the same way that I think a lot of lingerie has become very skimpy and not at all suitable for, or attractive to, us more 'substantial' 'girls'.
If anyone knows of a source for nice slips in ther UK please let us know.
osteph

Cathy J
04-09-2006, 04:49 AM
I know I'm OLD (74) and wouldn't dream of dressing without a slip or half-slip under any skirt or dress lined or not. And I don't own any women's trousers.

I'm thankful I've saved some of the nice ones I bought in the '60's. They sure are hard to find today except maybe on the web.

Lindahexi
04-09-2006, 05:58 AM
I think slips are the most sensual of feminine garments, especially satin ones, mmm they feel so good against the skin. I guess the modern young GG's just regard them as old fashioned and uncool, but lot's of us CD's (grannys) love em. LOL.

Melora
04-09-2006, 07:05 AM
MOST deffenately NOT are they "Just for for OLD LADIES". I think that Just a slip and or a Petticoat with just a bra IS both ABSOLUTELLY ADORABLE as well as VERY SENSUAL, ( I think my spelling is correct)!:happy: I am young by the way , just 31 yrs., As far as wearing as an "underthing it has to be determined as far as the type of girl that you ARE, as well as your styles, moods and tastes! YOU go Girl!

Sandra
04-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Wil wear a half slip if I really must, but a full slip is a :nono:, but does it matter what others think so long as you feel comfy and nice. :)

DebbieThomas
04-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm just not completely dressed without one. I have half slips from 7" for micro mini :cheeky: to floor length, afew full slips and petti pants. my wife wasnt a slip wearer until after she found out about me 10+ years ago, she always said whats the point? I'd say buttons pop off, zippers go bad.
this happen to me last year http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6133
now she wouldnt leave the house without one on.

maid phylis
04-09-2006, 09:06 AM
i love wearing slips even when my skirts are lined .i also wear a slip under my drabs when i am at work.to me a slip is one of the nicest articles of lingerie.hugs ,phylisanne:)

wendy
04-10-2006, 07:48 AM
it depends, if I wear a skirt ensemble or a dress, then a slip is a definite must, if it is a pantsuit, then a cami for sure.

:D

sally angora
04-10-2006, 08:21 AM
love wearing those full slips under a fluffy angora sweater , the angora slides over them oooo sooo sexy

Lawren
04-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Ahem!!! I am not an old lady and I definitely like to wear slips. I consider it almost as part of the dress itself. Also, with some of the more sheer fabrics a slip is almost a necessity.

Ellie
04-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Talk about an old reference... one of the first books about bloopers on TV was titled "Your slip is showing..."

Anywho...

I love the feel of silk and satin over my pantyhose so if a skirt is not lined I'll wear a slip but otherwise I don't bother.

Caitlintgsd
04-10-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't wear slips myself. I usually get skirts that are heavy enough that one can't see through them. Now, please hand me my walker and get outta the way, I have pool league with the trannie team tonight.

Julie Avery
04-10-2006, 03:55 PM
lol

Anna Teri
04-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Since I'm pretty young compared to the general populace here, I don't really like slips. :P

Kieron Andrew
04-10-2006, 07:15 PM
i dont think slips are for Granny's my MtF partner wears them when wearing something really smart! and she is certainly NOT old fashioned

sharon2
04-10-2006, 11:55 PM
i love to wear slips and full petticoats,they feel wonderful.i suppose at my
age l am an old girl.sharon2

Jennaie
04-11-2006, 12:21 AM
To be honest, I think that Tamara wears them all the time. She just has some different name for them. She actually has no idea what a slip is. She knows them as underdresses or some other UK name.

Tamara is a very sexy and beautiful woman, how could she not enjoy the feel of a slip covering her pretty little bottom?

It's a girl thing!