PDA

View Full Version : a sure cure for Crossdressing

audreyinalbany
02-15-2022, 11:11 AM
All I have to do to cure myself of the crossdressing bug is take a picture of myself. The mirror looks "not ridiculous" but the camera removes all illusions about being an even somewhat attractive woman.I look like an old man with boobs and a wig. Anyone else have a similar problem?

VS Fan
02-15-2022, 11:25 AM
Oh yeah hahah same

ziggie
02-15-2022, 11:30 AM
I am in a similar situation, but don't see it as a problem. :)

MonicaPVD
02-15-2022, 11:52 AM
We all tend to idealized what we look like, but the passage of time is relentless. We often boast about looking 20 years younger and it's great to feel that way. However, take a moment to stand in a room full of people who are actually 20 years younger than yourself and you will soon understand the facts of life. This applies to someone 40 or 60 or 80. There's certainly nothing wrong or bad about aging.

To your comment about looking like an old man with Boobs, I'm sure there are many many contemporary women who also look like old men with boobs. We can't all age like Cher or Sophia Loren.

Kris Burton
02-15-2022, 12:55 PM
Monica offers an important point of view. I think many of us CDs suffer from kind of a body dismorphia, comparing ourselves to the very best among us, or to real women (like Cher or Sophia Loren) and invariably come up short. We might be heavy, tall, old or whatever. It's all OK, and should not allow these perceptions to diminish our enjoyment (or the fantasy element) of this activity we share.

Marissa Q
02-15-2022, 12:58 PM
Monica's right, of course, and I think many of us older girls experience the same. But, hey... just like crossdressing, photography is a skill as well, and often just as difficult. If you think you can nail a decent photo in 1 or 2 shots, don't kid yourself. It's a craft, just as makeup is, and you'll have to take dozens/hundreds of photos to get just the right one you'll want to save for posterity. Playing with lighting in your photo can also shave years off of the subject.

I can also say that an "old man with boobs and a wig" without confidence in a photo is often a self-fulfilling prophecy. But adding confidence in your posture and smile ameliorates a lot of imagined defects. Just own it and kick your photos up a notch.

julia.bowie
02-15-2022, 01:01 PM
I'm the classic crossdresser in that I enjoy wearing the clothes, footwear and accessories. I also wear makeup but not very much and hardly ever wear a wig. And looking like a woman, acting like a woman, feeling like a woman, etc just doesn't come into it. And like yourself when I look in a mirror or at a photo I see a man wearing women's clothes. But that doesn't bother because it's all about the clothes. I arrived at this simple, common sense state of affairs several years ago and ever since don't beat myself with a big stick and do the psychoanalysis thing.

AngelaYVR
02-15-2022, 01:30 PM
There have been a fair number of threads about camera versus mirror. The boiled down version is that unless you know what you are doing, photos can easily make you look worse (especially phone cameras with their tiny, distorting lenses.)

And if you are unhappy with your appearance, many times a change of wig to something that suits you better can work wonders! (Not to point fingers but I have seen far too many badly chosen wigs.)

NancySue
02-15-2022, 01:41 PM
I hear you loud and clear, but there?s no cure for CDing.

OrdinaryAverageGuy
02-15-2022, 01:52 PM
Speak for yourself, I look great! Great for an old guy in a dress, that is.

Seriously, I do think I look OK in a lot of outfits, but never do I look like a woman. I think I, and other guys, can look good in certain clothes marketed for women. Certainly not all outfits, and some look way better with the top filled out correctly, but we can look good even without looking like women.

I'm sure there are many in the vanilla world who would disagree with me, but since this is my opinion they're wrong.

Leslie Mary S
02-15-2022, 02:06 PM
Yes. You eventually just accept that facts, and still dress out and go about what you are doing, enjoying yourself!

JustJennifer
02-15-2022, 02:38 PM
This may be an obvious suggestion to everyone, but if you flip your photos so that they're mirrored, you might be a little happier with the results. We're so used to seeing our faces in the mirror that we become blind to the inevitable asymmetry that nearly every face has, and all that asymmetry seems amplified when we look at photo of ourselves.

But yeah, in 99 out of a 100 photos, I look awful. Save the best, delete the rest.

dawnmarrie1961
02-15-2022, 02:41 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. However, crossdressing is not a bug or disease. There is no vaccine to cure it. It is a behavior. Learned at a very young age and reinforced by feelings and circumstance over a long period of time. And although might be considered by some as undesirable it often serves a purpose. The human mind is very mysterious in its operation. Often a behavior is used as a way of compensating or coping. Until you discover what you're using it for and substituting another less troublesome behavior in its place you will never be rid of it.
You look in the mirror and you are disappointed because you don't see perfection. Ask any woman what they see when they look in the mirror. They don't see perfection either. They learn to accept the reflection.
Crossdressing is about feelings. What are you feeling? And why?

AnelineM
02-15-2022, 03:05 PM
I had the same problem for many years. One thing that helped was I tried the Faceap. I gave it a picture of me in drab and asked it to make me look like a woman. What came out was a female version of me, minus a few wrinkles, that is recognizably female but not Angelina Jolie gorgeous. But I look around and there aren't many 66 year old women that look like Angelina Jolie. If I make reasonable choices with clothing and makeup I can look like any other not very young woman. Not gorgeous, but not scary ugly. My shoulders are too big and my butt's flat. Yeah, join the club.

Enjoy yourself Audrey! That's why we do this.

Karren H
02-15-2022, 03:15 PM
If I had, I would have stopped 20 years ago when this resurface and about ever time I dressed since then. I do not post those photos but I still have them. Lets me know how far I have come. But I still take a lot of guy in a dress photos. None of them will deter me from continuing. And I know I do not pass but when I go out in public I could care less. Anyone does not like it, that is their problem not mine.

So stop getting hung up over the photos! Most of us have them. Just keep progressing and enjoying what your doing.

Debbie Denier
02-15-2022, 03:34 PM
I agree with Dawnmarrie its about the feelings. Like the song goes if it feels good do it.I know when I look in the mirror I am trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.However no matter how old I get. The look of pantyhose on my legs is the same as it was 47 years ago and so is the feeling.Its what you get out of it.

Leslie Mary S
02-15-2022, 03:48 PM
You can set up two mirrors at 90 degrees to each other just like some fitting rooms have. then you face the joint and you get the true you.
Or use your cell phone in Selfie mode.
Some cell phones has an automatic picture flipping tool/app. That way on your cell phone you see what another person sees. The right side of your picture is put on the left side and you see what others are seeing (minus the distortions/omissions/changes the viewer's mind makes). At times the human mind can be quite forgiving, or extremely cruelly selective about seeing what it wants to see.

Rikidee
02-15-2022, 04:06 PM
I may never be the cutest girl in the club but I can be a girl in the club and I will take that. Saturday night at the beach club a cute 20 something gg came to me to say she had just told her husband she wanted to be like me when she got older. She wanted to still be having fun and wearing cute outfits!! Yeah I will take that.

Heather76
02-15-2022, 04:06 PM
I look like an old man with boobs and a wig. Anyone else have a similar problem?
Nope. I look like an old man with FAKE boobs and a wig.

Fortunately, I'm not trying to fool anyone. All I want to do is be comfortable in my own skin and in my own lingerie and dresses. I have no intentions of subjecting the public to Heather. I do guess if ever I had my wife's blessing, support, and help with makeup and we were out of town with less than a .001% chance of seeing anyone we knew, I might let Heather completely out in the open. But, that's unlikely to ever happen.

EDIT: I know there are a couple of older girls on this site; but, to all you 60 somethings, you are still young and vibrant to this 76 year old. All I think of when thinking about my age is I'm damn near 80!. I do, however, have an advantage over many. I happen to know I will live at least until age 88 which means I still have at least 12 years of cross dressing in my future. How do I know that? When we got married, I promised my wife 50 years. We've been married 38 years; so, I've got 12 to go AND I do not lie to her. That's this girl's story and she's sticking to it.

Wendy-Lyn
02-15-2022, 04:27 PM
Aneline, you have basically just described me, my feelings, and my reaction to the results on FaceApp. I'm two years younger than you, but facing the same issues body-wise.

Leslie Mary S
02-15-2022, 04:32 PM
I to am seen as a "fake" woman.

April Rose
02-15-2022, 05:30 PM
I have long since accepted that I have an old man's face. That hasn't stopped my longing for a feminine life.

Kerry Michaels
02-15-2022, 06:18 PM
So true. I have one photo I like. The mirror casts a positive image but that damn camera!!!

Jessica Secret
02-15-2022, 06:26 PM
Yeah that camera, yuck lol. I think I still look okay in photos but one thing is for sure, I don't want a cure for dressing lol!

RADER
02-15-2022, 06:48 PM
Yeah!!!! The camera does not lie. And yes I hate mirrors. I try to avoid the as much as possible.
I will stay with my dreams.

Pumped
02-15-2022, 06:49 PM
If the image in the mirror doesn't look ridiculous you are doing well!

I hate looking into the mirror too. The one I use cuts my head off as it it hung too low, that helps!

JulieC
02-15-2022, 07:16 PM
For me, my body shape is very much other than a woman's, even with help. I can't ever look anything like what I would like to look like. At home, that's not a problem.

However, how I look paralyzes me in going out in public. I don't want to look like a clown in public, but there's really no hope of looking like anything other than a clown. A few months back, I bumped into a couple in a store where the male of the couple was crossdressed with zero attempt to pass. I spoke with them for a bit, but made no comment about his appearance. Internally, I felt he looked silly, and it made me even less hopeful of ever going in public amongst people because I don't want to look like that.

Geena75
02-15-2022, 07:29 PM
The camera can be a cruel friend. There were a couple times I dressed up, looked in the mirror and was very pleased, but then that darned camera showed off every little flaw. I have often wondered what is the more true image: what I see in the mirror or what the camera sees. Still, by clever posing and lighting, I have made the camera a little more forgiving and rather like what I see. Like Karren, I keep the awful pictures to remind me what NOT to do -- sometimes it just doesn't work.

alwayshave
02-15-2022, 07:31 PM
Audrey, Admittedly the camera and mirror are not my friend, but I do enjoy dressing just the same. Nothing will stop me.

Maid_Marion
02-15-2022, 07:41 PM
A large ring light can help hide wrinkles. So can taking photographs when the light outside is very diffuse, like under an overcast sky with the sun well hidden by clouds.
The "golden hour" after sunset is another time when the light is great for hiding wrinkles and blemishes. Once in a while there will be cloud overhead that reflect the sun right after sunset and the sky will light up.

The higher the latitude the more time you have after sunset to take photos. Hawaii is so close to the equator that there isn't much time between sunset and the sky going dark.

Marion

MarinaTwelve200
02-15-2022, 07:57 PM
I still think I look pretty good----BUT if seen from THE RIGHT ANGLES. I can look like a GORILLA from the back. THIS is why I depend on taking VIDEOS instead of still shots. I can find poses and angles where I look good and snip individual frames. I can't get away with single shot poses---The planned snapshots just do not work---I depend on the "happy accidents" with the video.----And get my singles THAT way.

Fiona Manchmal
02-15-2022, 08:02 PM
After a make-up lesson with my SO last weekend she suggested taking some photographs. Audrey, you're absolutely right, but it wasn't so much my look but my male build (far more T-shaped than 8) that the camera highlighted. I'm not cured. Not yet. In fact encouraged to practice/experiment more with make-up and to explore shooting from more flattering angles.

Erin Lafleur
02-15-2022, 08:21 PM
I just don't look at myself in the mirror nor do I take pictures. It's all about the clothes for me and how they make me feel. I love the flow of a skirt, whisping my hair away from my face, the dangle of my earrings and bracelets and adjusting my camisole or slip straps as they often slide off of my shoulder, (all by design). It's all a very tactile thing for me and those are the things that give me the most pleasure and make me feel the most feminine.
In terms of the visual, I love plunging necklines with a pretty bra (with cleavage) and seeing my legs in thigh high stockings, no mirror required. I just look down and really, that's a pleasing enough view for me.
Once I am on my own again, a few short weeks, I intend to get back into makeup which I have really enjoyed in the past...

Leslie Mary S
02-15-2022, 08:21 PM
the only thing I do not like about a ring light is because it gives you a ring of light reflected of your eyes.

Joanne108
02-15-2022, 09:28 PM
If you could see what the first picture I have of myself dressed as a woman; you would cringe! I've worked at it since 2007and I've gotten better! So can you!

docrobbysherry
02-15-2022, 11:53 PM
Yes! When I began dressing 25 years ago I almost quit after the first year. Because I so hated seeing my ugly, old, man face on a fairly nice looking female figure!:doh:

Then, I tried on a mask one Halloween and that changed everything!:battingeyelashes:

Now, I'm a 78 y/o man and am very pleased with Sherry's looks. As u can see from my avatar!:daydreaming:

MiniRock
02-16-2022, 01:43 AM
but we can look good even without looking like women.

Totally agree. I think well fitting and chosen women's clothes can look great on a bloke, especially if not overweight. Some of my favourite photos of myself are as a man in a frock. And I have some particularly nice ones in hybrid mode. I'd love to post them here. But, of course I'd be fully recognizable.

Debs
02-16-2022, 04:39 AM
I think I pass pretty well (my opinion), I dont get stared at or even a second glance from the sales assistants, that doesnt mean theve not clocked me, but it does give me confidence in what I see in the mirror after putting on my makeup makes me smile, thats of course when I get my makeup on satisfactorily, sometimes yes I see a man in a wig, so I add extra makeup, change my wig, there thats better, my smile is back.

Janette
02-16-2022, 07:02 AM
I get the same way sometimes when I look at pics of myself but I would never let that stop me. If there ever was a "cure" I wouldn't want it. I know I'm not perfect*and I will probably never pass but I still love getting dressed. It is part of me and it's here to stay. Even the most beautiful people in the world might look at themselves and probably only see the flaws. We have to concentrate on the positive.*

kimdl93
02-16-2022, 07:51 AM
Not really a cure, but I do feel the same way at times. I am one of those people who tends to dwell on my own flaws (and too often those of others). I am fortunate to have some trusted GG friends who swear that they always give me honest opinions on my appearance. Their assessments are much more positive.

GretchenM
02-16-2022, 08:20 AM
Debbie, one solution is to set up a mirror somewhere behind the camera if you are using a remote to trigger the camera. Then you check your pose and look in the mirror and when all is acceptable to you take the picture. But beware, in the mirror you have immediate feedback and your brain can still interpret the reflection a bit differently than it is while the camera takes what is there. The two can still be a bit different, but with practice you can get the two pretty close. Using this combination can also help your body learn what certain looks and poses feel like which eventually brings the two together more closely. The downside is it is a lot of work and takes time and a lot of practice.

Krisi
02-16-2022, 08:42 AM
I use the camera as a "tool" to improve my ability tolook like a woman. For example, the camera told me that I needed hip and butt padding. The camera has told me that several clothing items that looked good on the rack in the store don't look good on me.

The camera shows me what other people see when they lookat me. A mirror doesn't do that.

Paulie Birmingham
02-16-2022, 09:01 AM
I am a 240 lb muscular man who has been called ruggedly handsome by several women.

This is not a good look for women. I will never pass nor do i even want to try. Just having fun.

One time my wife startes laughing when she saw me dressed. I laughed. And we proceeded to have a great time in bed.

If i went by the mirror, i would never get dressed.

JuliannaS
02-16-2022, 09:22 AM
I know I don't look great in pictures, but i feel good, and that is fine with me.

Thelise
02-16-2022, 09:49 AM
I quite like the horror of photography. I look through my efforts to present myself well and, although there's the occasional success, there's a lot of brutal images that are actually quite interesting. I think that comes through experimenting and not being so quick with the "delete" function. You can find interesting things in bad photos at a later date.

Sandi Beech
02-16-2022, 10:08 AM
I just take my glasses off when I am dressed up. Problem solved ; )

Sandi

Stephanie47
02-16-2022, 11:08 AM
I totally agree. The mind's eye sees what it wants to see. What you realize I also realize in male mode. When I do have the opportunity to be en femme I stay away from mirrors. We have one full length mirror that is visible from the kitchen if the door to that room is left open. I can see myself working at the stove and countertops doing meal preparation, baking and washing dishes. From afar no imperfections appear. Those pictures are what others see. Yikes!

Majella St Gerard
02-16-2022, 01:21 PM
I find that the mirror gives a more accurate view of what you really look like. A photo can be set up to look good. I trust the mirror. If I don't like the look I change it before taking pictures and then take multiple shots and then post the best ones. Am I disappointed that I don't look exactly like a woman? Sure I do, but I look damn close, IMO. I consider myself an illusionist at times as I think I look totally different as a man. If you're not going out in public then it doesn't really matter, again IMO. I would never go out in public looking like a man in a dress, I used to but I've progressed. It really depend on what you want out of your cross-dressing, is it just the clothes or do you want to present as a woman. And if you're not happy with your appearance then there are things that you can do to improve it. It's all up to you. Some will never progress beyond the man in a dress and that's cool if that's all you want. Sometimes our desire to look a certain was doesn't mesh with reality. It happens to me all the time when I see an outfit I want and then think " I don't have the body for that ". Anyway just be you and if you're not happy with the reflection in the mirror, do something to change it.

Peace & Love
Gerri

BLACK STOCKINGS
02-16-2022, 06:25 PM
I just take pictures from the neck down. Then I look like I am 35. When I see my face I am an old lady.

FrannGurl
02-16-2022, 10:29 PM
I feel I look fairly good after I've done my makeup, ect. and look in the mirror. I'm in my late 50's, so I'm not trying to look like I'm 25. The camera of course is a whole other matter. I've never been all that photogenic anyway, but the camera seems to either show every wrinkle and flaw, or I feel I look a bit goofy. Only one in maybe 8-10 pictures I feel look good enough to keep..It gets harder as you get older for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

So true. I have one photo I like. The mirror casts a positive image but that damn camera!!!

I couldn't agree more!

Leslie Mary S
02-16-2022, 11:54 PM
I just take my glasses off when I am dressed up. Problem solved ; )

Sandi

Lol Sandi. I just had my optometrist sell me a pair of prescription trifocals in a female frame. I wear them frequently, regardless of what I am wearing. I have started wearing my Ballet shoes a lot. Trying to keep them broken in. I also wearing a hat on top of my head to cover up my thin spots.
So as you can see I have not found the cure for Cross Dressing. Haven't been looking.

JaneAshland
02-17-2022, 12:00 AM
My guess is, when we look at ourselves in the mirror, we all see a man wearing female clothing, no matter how good we may actually look.

dawnmarrie1961
02-17-2022, 12:58 AM
Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
Oh, how I wish he'd go away...?

Georgia Rose
02-17-2022, 07:48 AM
Hey, what's it matter what you look like. We all crossdress for our own reasons. For me I like to wear pretty dresses and they don't look that good without boobs, heels and makeup. I don't wear wigs. I know I look like an old man in women's clothing but I'm happy. Only issue is I don't get to do what I want as often as I want. Hopefully they will pop me in my grave in my best dress when the time comes.

SaraLin
02-17-2022, 07:53 AM
while it didn't "cure" me - a mirror convinced me to stop my transition efforts.
The camera is NOT my friend, and I avoid it.

Molly Dodd
02-17-2022, 03:17 PM
It kind of makes me a little depressed sometimes. I feel so nice and , well girly when I dress, but when I look in the mirror, I see what I am.

A short, fat guy with some muscle who looks like a fool.

Kellyxx
02-17-2022, 04:40 PM
I try to avoid the mirror most of the time. I'm more into the comfort and feeling I get from wearing the clothes. The looks isn't as important to me.

Judy-Somthing
02-17-2022, 06:56 PM
Ya I know what you're saying.
Sometimes I look at my photos and think "Why am I doing this".
As long as I don't do a high rez close up I can fool myself in thinking I look good
I went to a Halloween party one time thinking I looked good and some guy said I looked pretty bad.
Kind of put a damper on the whole night until some Gay guy kissed my cheek and said I looked good.

Sallee
02-17-2022, 06:58 PM
It doesn't really cure it for me but it might keep me in Actually I think I look pretty good in Pictures probably better than in real life

Leslie Mary S
02-18-2022, 12:57 AM
The mirror, and the Camera are friends to me. They show the truth. I normally am interested in how the clothes are fitting. Do not turn away from yours, use what you see to know where to adjust your look. It also tells me what does not look good on me but sometimes I still will wear that outfit anyway.

:usa:

Mackem Sue
02-18-2022, 11:54 AM
With the right wig (and remembering to shave), I look gender neutral.

So no deterrent for me looking in the mirror.

Sue

Marissa Q
02-18-2022, 12:18 PM
Have no fear, girls. Rest assured that real-life GG's get the same "omg, I don't look good at all!" sensation when looking at their own photos. For me, I like hearing from all the girls in this thread that have, for the most part, stopped caring. That's a sign of confidence, and confidence -- even dressed in a paper bag -- will always be the runway winner.

Leslie Mary S
02-18-2022, 12:43 PM
I will never be a run-a-way winner, or a runway winner.
I do not care, I am still the 78 year 5 months and 28 day old me (but who is counting :):.

girlyman1977
02-19-2022, 02:40 PM
I am 6-4 weigh 215 pounds and can fit in a size 16 dress. Am I comfortable in my own skin when it comes to daily stuff as a man? Sure no doubt but do I think I could pass as a woman? Oh hell no I couldn't and that is fine. I am able to do the stuff I really love as a soon to become 45 year old and I am very grateful for it in terms of physical stuff like rock climbing/ultimate frisbee/social dancing etc.

I would love to do a drag performance singing some contralto song someday I wont lie. Finding a woman that wouldn't have a boundary violated by that is a different story.

Maid_Marion
02-19-2022, 04:28 PM
That's it, confidence!

I have much more confidence dressed female.

As a guy I'd fall into the "uncanny valley" between male and female. Moving the needle toward "F" simplifies social interactions.

Whether I do or not isn't as important as reducing the ambiguity of the situation.
This an important point.

Marion

audreyinalbany
02-19-2022, 04:43 PM
my only consolation is that I don't think I look all that great in guy-mode photos either

Wendy-Lyn
02-19-2022, 05:49 PM
I can carry it off body-wise (just under 6' and slim) but unfortunately this old head looks like it caught fire and someone put it out with a coaling shovel.
And I can't do makeup to save my life.
But if I let it worry me too much, I'd never dress at all, never mind go out in public.

BTWimRobin
02-19-2022, 08:03 PM
It happens all too often. When I look into the mirror, I see this beautiful woman looking back. I get so excited I have to set up the camera and get some pics. When reviewing the pics I often where did the beautiful woman in the mirror go. I seriously need a fairy godmother.

Cheryl T
02-20-2022, 11:14 AM
Nope. That thought never enters my mind.
All I see is room for improvement. A touch more shadow, comb my hair another way, a different color lipstick maybe.
The reflection is my stimulus for growth. It drives me to want to look my best.

Angela Marie
02-20-2022, 11:52 AM
I often look in the mirror after my makeup and go yuck. Then I just hold my head high and go out. As people have said we are our own worst enemy. I have a small build for a guy, between 135-145 so that helps with the body part. As for the face, no problems yet; but then again I can?t read mins lol.

sometimes_miss
02-25-2022, 03:34 PM
Such a simple solution: Remove or cover all mirrors, and don't ever take any pictures of yourself en femme; use your imagination of how you appear, instead. Problem solved.

Philippa Grace
02-26-2022, 02:25 AM
Was going to say exactly what Julia Bowie said, but she beat me to it! I can look feminine from the waist down, but I'm not fooling anyone on the upper half. I just enjoy the feeling and experience of female clothing. But I'll enjoy trying!😀

StephanieLake
02-26-2022, 08:19 AM
I try to avoid mirrors at all cost when I'm dressed. If I look in one I think, why the heck am I doing this? But then I remember, I'm doing it because I love the way women's clothing looks and feels on me. As soon as I slip on a dress, I just feel so good, I never want to take it off. So who cares what I look like as long as I'm happy. But I still avoid the mirror.

66caprice
02-26-2022, 11:21 AM
I agree with you ladies that I am nothing more than a guy in ladies clothes when I look in the mirror. I get away from the mirror , the feelings I have wearing takes away the male aspect and let's teri spend some time out on the open. A much needed relief for my own sanity.

April Rose
02-26-2022, 03:57 PM
I was just upstairs changing clothes and I realized that I do avoid looking in the mirror when I don't have my wig on.

Marissa Q
02-26-2022, 04:44 PM
It happens all too often. When I look into the mirror, I see this beautiful woman looking back. I get so excited I have to set up the camera and get some pics. When reviewing the pics I often where did the beautiful woman in the mirror go.

There's actually a term for that phenomenon (which we all experience, btw). It's called residual self-image. A similar phenomenon occurs in an auditory sense as well, as observed whenever we hear our recorded voice played back to us; most say -- hey, that doesn't sound like me!

Lori Ann Westlake
02-26-2022, 05:09 PM
This "cure" never worked for me. Even in my early teens, when I first started crossdressing, with no wig, no makeup, I must have looked like a boy with boobs. That never stopped me. It was exciting enough just to be completely dressed as a girl.

Leslie Mary S
02-28-2022, 03:12 AM
I know I am a man in woman clothes. The looks are second to the feel of the clothes.
I do the make-up/wig etc just to make the clothes and my appearance look better.
Otherwise, it is like buying an automobile with out the wheels. It is like a package deal.
The clothes feel and look better as a whole package.

rhonda
02-28-2022, 06:58 AM
Might have similar problem but certainly not a cure for crossdressing

Mary Loo
02-28-2022, 11:28 AM
Leslie,

I like this quote a lot and am going to borrow it. You have put into words what I could not express myself. Thanks.

I should add, when recently discussing things with my wife, she asked, what if you could take a pill and make this all go away, aka, though she knows there isn?t a ?cure? would I, if I could. At the time due to our emotional conversation and honestly due to all the repercussions and anxiety about it, I think I would. Yes, it does give me strange inner feelings that I enjoy and I have gotten a lot of joy from cross dressing, BUT, if I could have avoided it all throughout my life, I think I would take that opportunity.

Jane G
02-28-2022, 02:03 PM
The best thing about photos when dressed, is I see the real me in them. Whatever that looks like.

Leslie Mary S
02-28-2022, 09:49 PM
They body is weird.
Yesterday evening I dressed fully, mid length wig included and flats, to do photos of a Drag Queen show while they were performing (I shot about 300 photos). This morning while processing the photos, I put on a skirt, blouse, earrings etc. and a long cosplay wig.
I took it all off this evening to go to the store. My GG friend needed some medicine, and I had an Item to return to Amazon. I went into Kohl's to do the return, then of course I did some shopping. So here I sit, I still feel like I have the wig everything on, even though I am in 75% guy mode, and no wig.
I guess I need to go and change into what I feel like I am wearing, or maybe my pink Teddy outfit.
The body knows what it wants and right now it is not some cure for CDing.

Marsha Louise
03-01-2022, 02:10 PM
Mirrors and still photos can give us discouraging feedback for sure, especially when reality differs significantly from our expectations, however they are unlikely, in this CD's opinion, to cure or curb our urges.
I once read elsewhere that an effective strategy for dealing with strong urges is to actually go ahead and indulge your curiosity rather than keep it bottled up, provided, of course, that the activity you're considering isn't harmful to anyone or illegal. In other words, scratch the itch so you can get on with your other business.

Shely
03-01-2022, 03:06 PM
I wish it was a cure, I think I'd do it in a minute. Live would be soooo much simpler for me. I hate it and love it at the same time. I am sitting here fully dressed up right now.

Mary Loo
03-01-2022, 03:18 PM
So my perspective on his thread may be slightly different because despite 40+ years of practice I am a terrible cross-dresser as an adult (better as an adolescent).

My wife and I are very different in size. The last 30 years (our relationship) I have only had HER clothes to wear and I really don?t look very good in them IF I can remotely fit. I have actually lost some weight in the last few years, so I am at least in a better shape.

As an adult, I have never worn a wig, I have never used makeup. Until recently never really used any real shapeware. Thus, I always just look neck down in the mirror or use my own internal filter to look past the stubble, the wrong face, the wrong hair, sock breasts, etc. I have NEVER taken a picture. I am too concerned of a picture coming back to haunt me, especially in today?s world. Thus, yes, the mirror doesn?t lie (except in my own mind) I am sure a picture would be mortifying.

I am being a little redundant to anyone who may have read a few of my earlier posts, but in recent weeks I obtained 3 dresses (2 cute mid-length, and one longer one) that actually fit and the pink fog has set in. I am wanting to up my game, but my wife who has generally been reasonably understanding is a little thrown and wonders why the sudden ramped up interest in something that she has always known about, but never truly appreciated the pull of it to me.

1Ladyjade
03-01-2022, 03:43 PM
Who wants to be cured. I have craved the wearing of ladies clothes my whole life. Now at 52 I am finally able to feel the sensuality of what women take for granted. I love the pink fog. I love being able to get away from drab reality for a few hours. Cure? Not for me thanks.

ronny0
03-01-2022, 10:47 PM
Can't remember the joke, something about beer goggles or quitting / closing time.............
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....... I have know some attractive GG's that were really screwed up as far as relationships.
Beauty is more than what another happens to see with their eyes.
For myself, I will never be beautiful as a woman, but from a distance and maybe a drink or two ( :-) ) I am as attractive as I feel I am.
Yep looking too close, I am a dude in a dress, yet for me at times I feel as or more attractive than many women at the mall wearing flannel sweat pants etc etc etc.....
I think many of us are pleased with what god / God gave us and how we can enhance that look with clothing & makeup.......
That being said, no matter how old / young or thin / fat or short / tall some one in this world can look at us and see what they feel as beauty.
Well I hope that holds true, would be a nice way to live, knowing some one some place likes the way each of us looks......

Leslie Mary S
03-02-2022, 02:46 AM
Ronny you look a whole lot better than I do. But again I am a newbie and am 78 years old.

Lacey New
03-02-2022, 07:47 AM
Yep. No hot young babe here either.

Lori Ann Westlake
03-02-2022, 10:27 PM
I should have added to my earlier post that for much of my life, on and off, I wore a BEARD. I first grew it in college. Despite my masculine physiognomy, that never stopped me from crossdressing either! The clothes were everything.

Jeri Rene
03-12-2022, 01:50 PM
i am an unattractive man and when I dress I am an unattractive man in women's clothes, wig, shoes etc.. Every time I take a picture it last about a day and then it gets deleted but it has never "cured" anything.