PDA

View Full Version : Great pedicure experience

Sophia Rearen
04-08-2006, 12:04 PM
A great experience at the salon. First I had reflexology done. I told the tech all about my recent outings. We had alot of laughs. Then we moved to the pedicure room. There, she opened up to me. Sharing personal information about her family. It was nice to lend an ear and be trusted. As the first coat of "Now or Never" purple polish was being applied another stylist came in to talk makeup techniques for a client. Again, so nice to sit and enjoy.

As I stood at the register paying for the pedicure there was another client paying. So, there were three woman and me in my purple toes and orange disposable flip flops. The one girl behind the desk asked if I got a polish. "I sure did" I told her and walked around the counter to show them. They loved them. The other girl said, "your so cool, I love you". Made me feel so good. The other client took off her sunglasses and came around to look. She thought it was the greatest thing. They asked if I was doing anything special this weekend and told them, "yes, big party in philly". "open toed shoes?" they asked. "You bet, and no stockings", I replied. What a good time!

DanaJ
04-08-2006, 12:06 PM
That's cool Sophia! :) I just got one yesterday myself (even got purple too, new OPI Diamond Dust polish), it was great hanging with the girls and being accepted by them. Thanks for sharing your experience, and hopefully you will keep going now....

Sophia Rearen
04-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Dana,
Fourth pedicure there. Two French and two polish. I'm hooked.

EricaCD
04-08-2006, 12:15 PM
sounds fantastic!

In today's NY times there is a story about a guy who gets a (non CD) pedicure at a club/salon/hangout for men called John Allan's. The article is all about him trying to get over reconciling how great it felt with his manly self image. Funny to read from a CD's perspective.

Gail Stauffer
04-08-2006, 12:16 PM
nice, good for you , glad you enjoyed yourself!! of course though being pretty cost money though!! and being a girl is so much fun

Sherlyn
04-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Way to go Sophie:) that sounds like it put you on top of the world ,,,cool to see you and about

Ms. Donna
04-08-2006, 12:23 PM
So, that's where you've been - out having fun! Very cool! :cool:

Sounds like nice break from the same old same old. :)

Love & Stuff,
Donna

SherriePall
04-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Sophie -- Good for you. I've had four pedicures and enjoyed every one. The last one enfemme! Inbetween I've used a purple polish at home. What's with all the purple?

Sophia Rearen
04-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Oh yea, forgot to add. As I was telling her about my outings, I complained how women don't dress in skirts or dresses. She agreed and talked of how women have become and are getting more masuline in their attire. She started telling me to go get a long peasant style skirt, because I have the hips for them. I could also get away with hairy legs under the skirt! She told me what kind of top and strappy sandals to get. She said, "you have the figure for it" How cool is that to hear? She told me Macy's is having a sale on the skirts for $5. Guess where I'm going tomorrow.

Gail Stauffer
04-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Hmm, gee I wonder, hope you have lots of fun, buy some pretty skirts, I'll be thinking of you!! enjoy Girl!!

Sophia Rearen
04-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Sophie -- Good for you. I've had four pedicures and enjoyed every one. The last one enfemme! Inbetween I've used a purple polish at home. What's with all the purple?

Purple is passion, that's me.

Sweet Virginia
04-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Last to post a photograph! 'T wil 'appen tho', (quote me on that if 'U' like!..) Part of the reason that my wife loves me is that I do her pedicures ... She's getting bossy and making assumptions tho'...

:eek: Sorry to mess ya' round, girls.. Much Luv... Virginia0.02

kaitlin
04-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Sophia, I think you are just too cool!! I would love to go to a spa and have my toes done but here in small town USA there are too many people who run their mouths. My toes are done 24/7 and always match my girlfriends, but getting them done by a pro would be great. Maybe one day I'll get out of this little town and go where no one knows me and live it up!! Take care all! Luvs Kaitlin

Jodi
04-08-2006, 09:28 PM
I have my monthly pedicure Monday night. I always look forward to the pampering.

Jodi

Kitty Sue
04-09-2006, 07:30 AM
That is brilliant. I want a pedicure now.