PDA

View Full Version : More emotional?

Josi
04-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Do you think you are more emotional or allow your emotions to surface more as a result of "releasing" your femme side?
I believe I am far more open to "letting it go" than I used to be AND I am not embarassed by it either!

Joy Carter
04-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Ditto's here on that one gurl but just to clarify I don't get thouse monthly crying urges just more in touch. She loves that in me but can't acceppt the gurl part. :brokenheart:

janelle
04-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Yes i do. I have been told that i am better relaxed & sure of myself yet when i am touched(a show,sad story,etc....) i sometimes cry orget teary eyed. When i'm really feeling femme my emotions seem to go all over, in male mode, they are their but somewhat controled. Janelle is really starting to make the male me see things better.
I never thought a male could end up being so emotional, but i'm living proof.
Have a great day dear.
Janelle

Karren H
04-08-2006, 03:59 PM
No, still cry at a good movie, wedding or when someone cross-checks me into the boards!!! Hehehehe

Love Karren

carol ann
04-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Yes, without any doubt. But thats one part of my feminity that I am proud of and am happy to continue to develop. This male idea that it is weak to cry or show your feelings, inculcated into us as young children, is damaging to us and the whole human race in the long term.

Let us show our affection, our love, our friendships with kisses and hugs. Let us be prepared to cry and laugh when the occasion calls for it

Julie Avery
04-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I think my emotions are more open having entered upon the male mid-life thing.

sparks
04-08-2006, 04:10 PM
I only cry when wearing a bra! One that is two sizes to small! Chaifing ow!
I find myself starting to tear up lots lately. I catch myself and say not macho don't do it. If dressed I would ball most likey. Now is that the best reason for dressing. I wonder?

Josi
04-08-2006, 04:11 PM
I was browsing in the CD store (lol as in Compact Disc .. NOT Cross Dressing!!)... and "fell" into a Moulin Rouge CD ... not the standard one, but the recordings of the songs exactly as sung in the film. Just HAD to buy it.
Made the mistake of putting it on in the car .. It got to "Your Song" and then "Come what May" ... and I just disintigrated. I sobbed.
I was feeling fine before .. BUT the emotions knocked me over like a tidal wave.

I should have known better than to put it on!

I love music which stirs my soul .. it doesn’t have to be a song .. it can be a classical piece. It is possible to be “moved” and even tearful without being in a state of unhappiness.

Psychologists call them “triggers” … and we never know when a Trigger (not Tigger lol) will strike and take us to an emotional place we have been before.
Some of us have emotions near the surface, others have them buried (only a psychopath has no emotions at all lol).

A gal should remember to always pack some tissues ;)

annekathleen
04-08-2006, 04:13 PM
I always get teary eyed after watching a good movie!
...you know, all that happy ending stuff!

Julie York
04-08-2006, 04:15 PM
I think the 'emotional' thing is a bit of an excuse when it comes to being a CD. I don't mean it is fake...I mean..I cry at films and get upset by things and can be romantic about sunsets and puppies or whatever.....but I think I have to keep it controlled because it is undignified for a guy to display such things too much. And it's a bit embarrassing for everyone when you get right down to it if a bloke keeps crying or gushing over kittens or baby photos etc. It's even embarrassing when a WOMAn does it too much!....the only way you can do that and not make someone hate you is to be a gay guy on a sit com.

It is useful for people to use the flip side of their personality to let these feelings out. But I don't use the Cd stuff to "allow" me to let those feelings out. They get out or they don't. Usually after far too much lager.

What I mean is, the ability to express your emotions is not a feminine trait as such....it is a CD adopted condition of being "girly" the same way that wearing ridiculous heels or short skirts is. It isn't actually a feminine condition. There are some very uptight totally screwed up women out there who are hanging onto their emotions for dear life and not expressing them willy nilly just because they are female.

Josi
04-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Stereotypes are not always accurate .. I know that
BUT
I do think it is generally held that women are much "better" (I say better because I believe it is healthier) at showing and sharing their feelings.

EricaCD
04-08-2006, 05:23 PM
oddly enough nothing like this really happens to me at all. Probably just more evidence that I am a classic CD - no feminine identity at all other than a desire to dress and look pretty. I just tell myself that I am a stone cold b**** when dressed. But who are we kidding ;)

Erica

Diannna
04-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Hummmm! Good question. Well I think I've always had this fem thing in me. While watching a good movie (chick flick if you will) I will sometimes get heavy I the chest or tear up a bit. I try not to but I suppose thats the male part of me. I seem to do it more often now that I'm older too. My g/f says it's a fem thing and not to be ashamed of it. I love that girl.

Denise01
04-08-2006, 05:58 PM
I get emotional about things more and more all the time.
I used to worry about that, but now, I just realize it is my femme side coming out.

Denise

MsEva
04-08-2006, 06:31 PM
I blubber even watching bank commercials...way too much estrogen in me!:eek:

Teresa Amina
04-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Well I had a very odd thing happen last week. As I do occaisionally;) I took a long hot bath after work, then put Teresa together. Pretty much random except for the required forms, veronica, wig etc. Things "call out" from the closet- "wear me!" So when I was done I walked to the mirror to check it all out and was totally overwhelmed! But that that's not really unusual, is it? We're all a bit vain about our girly selves. But I came to TEARS over it. HAPPY TEARS! Never before had that happen. Yes, definitely more emotional when dressed!:happy:

Jennaie
04-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I have always been emotional. I have been told that I wear my feelings on my sleeves. I cry at movies, always have. I don't think dressing fem has enhanced that part of me. I did used to hide it when I was younger, but the feelings and tears were still there.

Marla GG
04-08-2006, 07:54 PM
You know, when I was single, one of the reasons I wanted my next partner to be a crossdresser was that I believed crossdressers had more "emotional intelligence" than regular guys. I expected them to be gifted with more tenderness, more nurturing, more empathy, more romance, more vulnerability, more open expression of affection, and more understanding of my own emotional needs than I felt was typical of men in general.

Well, I found that it ain't necessarily so. I was very fortunate to find my Angel, who is very much in touch with her emotions and expresses them freely, especially when it comes to making me feel loved. I do think that her emotional sensitivity -- which is always there, in male or female mode -- comes from the same part of her psyche as the feminine feelings that motivate her to dress. But I have also met a lot of crossdressers who seemed just as emotionally handicapped as the average guy. It is sad, but I think it is really hard to emerge from a male upbringing in this culture with your capacity for emotional expression fully intact, and this is as true of crossdressers as it is of anyone else. I really applaud those of you who allow yourself to feel and show the full range of human emotions, not just the few that are deemed acceptable for men. You are truly beautiful.

Hugs,
Marla