PDA

View Full Version : Random Encounter and Silent Recognition

Ms. Donna
04-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi All,

Thought I'd share this little 'encounter'.

Last weekend, we all (wife and two daughters) went out for pizza for lunch. We order our food and they go sit in a booth while I wait to pay. Two college 'girls' (I live by a university) come in: one asian american, pierced with spikey hair - kinda androgynous (and cute). The other was 'caucasian' (for lack of a better term) and passed as a boy better than me. They order and spikey goes to sit down.

I'm standing there there with my wavy hair, earrings, Liz Claiborne jean jacket and Coach purse. The other one is next to me: baseball cap, t-shirt, baggy pants and and a non-descript jacket. For whatever reason, we both turn towards one another, give each other the once over and make eye contact for a second or two.

I pay and sit down, and so does 'she'.

I couldn't help but feel for that second or so, there was a connection - each recognizing the other as one of 'their own'.

Love and Stuff,
Donna

Anima-87-388
04-08-2006, 06:53 PM
I've had that happen to me before, takes one to know one :D

MsEva
04-08-2006, 07:05 PM
I mentioned this before, I am a teacher and took my biology class for a field trip aboard the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Baywatcher deadrise floating classroom, I saw one of our sisters taking a walk along the river where the boat was docked...I wanted to run up to her and say..good for you...you are out and living your life..but of course I had around forty kids to keep in line on the boat..oh well, if you are out there good for you!

Joy Carter
04-08-2006, 07:07 PM
I was at work once and a CD came in and I was very professtional and took care of her as I would anybody. She was very thankful and started a conversation with me. I had to go and tend to another customer but before I left she game me her busines card saying incase I wanted to finish he conversation call her. Never did but I was glad to have made her day.:raisedeyebrow:

Stacie Stockman
04-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Seeing other CDs make me wish we had some kind of hand signal language to recognize one another.

CaptLex
04-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Seeing other CDs make me wish we had some kind of hand signal language to recognize one another.

Like a secret handshake? I still think we should make pins that have the pink and blue crossdressers.com logo (above) and wear them out and about. ;) And the sale of these could help finance the site.

Joy Carter
04-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Gays have a pocket sized beeper of a sorts that go off when another gay person is near with an other like unit it's called "Gaydar". How about TRANNYDAR or GENDAR or GURLDAR ! :eek:

Stacie Stockman
04-08-2006, 08:03 PM
This was suggested in a chatroom somewhere, but like using the left hand to brush the left eyebrow could mean something like "Hi, you look nice and your not alone."

Kimberley
04-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Like a secret handshake? I still think we should make pins that have the pink and blue crossdressers.com logo (above) and wear them out and about. ;) And the sale of these could help finance the site.
BRILLIANT IDEA!!!

Kimberley

Kitty Sue
04-09-2006, 07:46 AM
I agree Captlex an excellent idea.