PDA

View Full Version : HIV Negative

genevieve_ohara
11-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey everybody!

Just a word of caution: if you're out there, please get tested! For yourself, for your family, for your lovers.

PLEASE!

I'm healthy...you should be too!

Stephanie Brooks
11-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Hi Genevieve!!!!!!!

Excellent news, Lady. Always be careful.

Love the new avatar!!!! Very pretty. :)

Sweet Susan
11-03-2004, 09:37 PM
That is very good news that your test results came back negative. It is also very good news that you are bi. As I look at your photos, it's just kind of nice knowing that!

Linda-x
11-03-2004, 10:08 PM
I have always been curious, Can you get HIV, by giving oral (BJ), not that I would ever do that,LOL, but I heard it was a lot more difficult to contract that way?? Glad to here that your results were good..

JoannaDees
11-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Wonderful news Genevive! I'm sure it's a burden off your shoulders. Be very careful, we want you around forever and ever!

Bonnie-OR
11-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Genevieve
That is really good to hear. Not to get preachy here, but "safe sex" isn't ALL that safe, at least it wasn't a few years ago. The wife of a close friend of mine retired as head nurse from a major hospital in Louisiana a few years back, and she told me that at that time the HIV virus could get through some of the cheaper latex condoms. I know things have improved in the last few years, but please, for all of us here, you girls that are living a free lifestyle, do your research, and don't buy the cheap stuff. And yes, HIV is transmited thru exchange of "Bodily Fluids." On such a happy note, Huggs to all, Bonnie

Rachel Ann
11-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Good for you, Genevieve!

I get tested for major STDs that may not exhibit symptoms, such as HIV, Hepatitis C and Herpes, every few years even if I think I don't need to. I think that the world would be a better place if everybody did.

btw - If I neglected to say it before, I'm with Stephanie, your new av is adorable - and hot!

And yes, HIV is transmited thru exchange of "Bodily Fluids."
And even if we don't think any fluids were exchanged, mere oral-genital contact can expose us. I have been told that this even applies to french-kissing - I sure *hope* not. :p

Marlene4a
11-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Celebration type news Gen !!!

Nice to hear that.
If I have not said it already, you have one enviable Avatar photo.

Love
M

BiOpi
11-04-2004, 12:41 AM
Glad to hear that you always use protection and are negative. I am bisexual too and am currently not sexually active (still looking for "love", how stupid is that?). Oh well, at least someone out there is having fun :-)

And as far as the other post goes, you can get HIV/AIDS anytime bodily fluids (substances) are exchanged. Kissing usually does not involve bodily fluids but blowjobs, obviously, do. Blood, semen, vaginal secretions, etc. The HIV virus cannot survive in oxygen more than 24 hours and it is believed that HIV cannot survive in saliva last I heard (and I will look that up after I am done posting this). Also last I checked, is believed that there are 4-5 strains of the HIV virus.

Therefore sex, blood transfusions and needle sharing are big concerns for the spread of HIV/AIDS. Also, because the nature of the "equipment", gay men are in the highest risk group, straight women, straight men are next, and the lowest on the risk spectrum are lesbian women. Also anal, vagina and oral sex are highest to lowest risks, respectively.

For more information, contact your local doctor or read the AMA's website or http://sexuality.org/

Abraxas
11-04-2004, 12:51 AM
*Having done a report on AIDS for school*

Contracting HIV through French kissing is extremely rare, as HIV cannot be exchanged through saliva. However, it can be transmitted through blood, as we all know. Everybody gets tiny, microscopic cuts in their mouths. If these bleed, or become open and the blood is mixed, it is possible. But since it would be such a small amount, it's really rare.

Also, many people don't think about this, but it's not a good idea to share toothbrushes, and is a very BAD idea to share a razor!
Any other questions about HIV, I'd be glad to answer :)

Renecd
11-04-2004, 01:21 AM
Excellent new Genevieve :)
I also hope to see you around for a very LONG time!

Hugs,
Rene

Wenda
11-04-2004, 01:39 AM
Hi Gen, was the avatar photo taken after the good news? you look yummy! HIV is everywhere. I am straight, but had a scare when a hospital that I had had surgery in sent me a registered letter advising that there was a 'slight risk' that a transfusion may have been contaminated. That gets your attention. As in your case, the test was negative, and even though I believed I was negative, it was a huge relief. I notice the postings on oral sex, and I am going to have to change my ways! I have gone down on a great many ladies in the past few years, some of whom I did not know well. Yikes! I knew better. Thanks for all of the discussion girls! Congrats on the test and the pic Gen. wenda.

Sharon
11-04-2004, 01:44 AM
Wonderful news! Keep being careful now, I'm sure you would be missed by many.

Fiona K
11-04-2004, 02:08 AM
Good news Genevieve,
Stay safe
Love
Fiona

Rachel Ann
11-04-2004, 02:39 AM
I used to work in emergency medicine and we had to be a little fatalistic about it - there is NO WAY to work in a situation like that without eventually getting a needle stick, having somebody vomit or bleed on you, that sort of thing.

But most of the time, such incidents don't result in infection. We all got tested regularly, though.

Wendy me
11-04-2004, 08:21 AM
good news stay safe wrap that thing be carefull don't need anything bad to happen to you or any one elese
huggs

Barbieman
11-04-2004, 08:54 AM
I have always been curious, Can you get HIV, by giving oral (BJ), not that I would ever do that,LOL, but I heard it was a lot more difficult to contract that way?? Glad to here that your results were good..
I have recently had negative test results that came back.You only get Hiv thru BJ if you swallow semen,on a regular basis.If you do come into contact with it,one tip is to spit it out straight away.