PDA

View Full Version : Another small step

StephanieLake
03-25-2022, 05:08 PM
I finally found a brand of pants that fit, St. John's Bay, relaxed fit straight leg. With my wife's permission I bought four pairs. I wore them for the first time the other day. I went to PT, then we drove up to the lake house, so I was out in public for the first time with my wife while wearing women's clothes. It's not much, just the pants, but it's a start. I also brought a dress with us and wore it around her for the first time, inside only. We ate dinner then sat down to watch TV. She went to the kitchen to get a drink, came back to the living room and said, "Your toes don't match your dress."

No major break though, but like the title says, another small step.

susanmichelle
03-25-2022, 05:17 PM
Congratulations and all of it is definitely small steps. Most important thing is communication you and your wife. Not one lie or it could be very bad quickly. My best to you

Kris Burton
03-25-2022, 10:24 PM
Right...if your goal is to be able to wear women's clothes at will, it is these kind of small steps that it will take. Go slowly, don't go for any big shocks or surprises, and always be truthful, and your wife's support can follow.

WillowHanna
03-25-2022, 10:59 PM
I've had my share of small steps over the past few months.

My wife cleaned out her dresser and gave me a few pair of leggings and a few tops.

She was also ok with me buying forms when we had the extra money a few weeks ago.

We talk openly about everything before I just do it, that way I know if she had issues or concerns with anything.

Sometimes the small steps are the best steps to learn and be comfortable with the changing dynamics of it all.

bridget thronton
03-26-2022, 01:41 AM
Very nice - hope things continue moving forward

TAG
03-26-2022, 08:03 AM
It is nice to find clothes that fit correctly.
Baby steps are progress.

Cheryl T
03-26-2022, 09:45 AM
Good for you both. Nice that's she's willing to help you.
I love the St John's Bay clothing. It's the only reasonably priced tall size clothing I've found that actually fits and has good quality.

alwayshave
03-26-2022, 04:50 PM
Stephanie, It's great to find a brand that fits. I like where Macy's online tells me because one brand fits be in an 18, another brand will fit me in a 16.