PDA

View Full Version : Makeup, Movies and Mocktails

Prazia
03-30-2022, 05:07 PM
Yes, in that order! I nervously took a makeup application and consultation appointment for Saturday evening. Turning cold feet by Friday, I canceled the appointment only to be contacted by the salon owner that I would be welcome if I chose to come another time. I called back to rebook the appointment.

On Saturday evening, wearing a new midi dress, I arrived at the salon and was asked to wait for a few minutes as the owner / artist finished giving the last client of the day a haircut. I nervously waited. Within a few minutes, she asked me to take the seat and then she revealed the huge makeup pallete and asked, "Something dramatic or casual?" "Casual for an evening out and about", I said.

She worked her magic for the next thirty minutes or so while giving some tips and answering my silly makeup related questions. Makeup is transformational. Looking in the mirror, I felt warm and pretty (for lack of a better word). I included a generous tip.

The mall and the movie were uneventful except the theater staff recognized me from my previous trip as Prazia. I chatted with the two women for 15 minutes.

Late it was and I had planned to visit a bar enfemme. I was asked for the ID to enter for which I had to go back to my car and return with the ID. The gatekeeper was surprised that I had come back and commented, " Oh you're back honey! Welcome!"

In a crowded bar, I found a seat at the table occupied by two women (couple) and a young man who wasn't a part of their group. The two women nodded hello and the young guy curiously stared (not evil stare, he seemed feminine, wearing a t-shirt cut below chest to bare midriff and narrow waist but otherwise presenting male) after saying hello. I waited to find a seat at the bar and after a large group of young women left, a few solo visitors including me found our spots.

Next to me sat a same aged single woman who I chatted with occasionally while we watched a younger crowd perform karaoke. The bar tender went "ah, ah, ah, ah...ah" musically looking at me so to express delight and welcome me there. I ordered a mocktail with specific flavors from cocktail menu. It came in a disposable glass and tasted alright. After a nice tip for a mocktail, the second one within the next few minutes came in a martini glass with a little extras. A nice tip again.

The woman sitting next to me asked me to hold her spot while she used the washroom and I later asked her to take a couple of pictures (memorabilia). She asked if I would be in town the following night so we could meet and hang out but I said I planned to to return home. "Too bad", she said. She was there to meet guys but shrugged off the two men who approached her while I was there.

At midnight, with all three goals accomplished, I headed home, gleefully. I am afraid that I would want to go out into the real world again, soon. Even with makeup, there's no fooling anyone but everyone is generally curteous including the woman who I sat next to in the theater and who told me that the seats had storage compartment underneath them where I could store my purse. The scariest part was walking back to the car from the theater as it was late and dark and there weren't many people around. I guess the feeling of vulnerability comes naturally with being enfemme.

Sandi Beech
03-30-2022, 05:35 PM
Prazia,

Sounds like you had a really nice outing. You had the kind of social interaction that I really enjoy. Having another woman wanting to hang out with you is really cool.

I guess we should have emphasized in your other thread that you always need to bring ID when entering bars. Not all check, but it is highly likely. Also , you are right about it being a bit scary going to a dark parking lot. That is why I almost always use Uber to drop me off and pick me up right at the front door.

Anyhow glad it went well. I hope to be back out doing the same soon.

Sandi

docrobbysherry
03-30-2022, 06:30 PM
See how accepting and fun bars/clubs r for trans these days? It all sounded so great! But, what's with no booze?:eek:

And, next time try a place where u can dance! :heehee:

Jessax101
03-30-2022, 08:16 PM
Hello,

Sounds like an interesting and enjoyable day. Plus you had other additional options. Only thing I would say and agree with is being careful and cautious on nites out, especially unfamiliar and dark places. I have a friend that goes out and I often caution her of the risks. Glad u enjoyed your day! Jess

kimdl93
03-31-2022, 06:42 AM
Glad to hear you had a full and enjoyable day. I do understand the booze free drinks. I often limit myself to one or two alcoholic beverages, then switch to soda water or a near beer. Never want a DUI, regardless of how I may be dressed.

Fiona_44
03-31-2022, 03:19 PM
Lovely story about your night out. Must have been very exciting.

alwayshave
03-31-2022, 06:16 PM
Prazia, I'm glad you had a nice evening. Sounds like a great time.