PDA

View Full Version : Perception?

Jan W
04-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Girls,

When you are reading a thread or post by someone you are familiar with as a member of the forum do you perceive them as a real woman?

I find myself thinking of most of the girls here as girls and I have to concentrate to think of them as anything else.

Picture reading a post by say Sherlyn and think to yourself are you perceiving her as a GG.

Interested in your responses.

Jan

Jodi Lynn
04-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Hi Jan, I allways think of everyone here as girls, after all that IS what we are.

TeriAnn
04-09-2006, 09:14 AM
I always think of us as being ladies that is what the forum is for. We are able to express ourselfs here where we can no where else. I love being a female if only on the forum but I would like to live as a female 24/7 but alas I am not able to. Have fun and be yourself.0.02 ;)

Wombat
04-09-2006, 09:22 AM
I never stop to think about it. We're who we are and gender perceptions or otherwise don't matter a great deal unless that's the issue under discussion. It usually comes as a bit of surprise when one of the ggs makes a point of mentioning it.

Wombat

Ms. Donna
04-09-2006, 09:26 AM
The people in this forum consider themselves as girls/woman - I have no reason to consider them as otherwise. Same goes for the F2M forum: they consider themselves as guys - then that's what they are.

For me, it's a matter of respect. Whether on-line or in '3D', I treat people the way they prefer: man, woman or whatever.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Lindahexi
04-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi Jan,

Yes I do think of all on here as girls, for me that is very important, because I want to feel part of the female community, and this forum enables me to do just that.

Jennaie
04-09-2006, 09:40 AM
I love being thought of and addressed as female. I don't care if I am addressed as lady, maam, girl, ms, or miss. Because I enjoy being identified as female, I assume that everyone else here does as well, so I address all of you as females, except the ftm's.

After being here for a while I do think that I perceive the individual female personalities of the members, especially after reading several of their post.

It's a girl thing.;) especially Tammy, that girl with the post just below me. Ain't she cute! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: Gotcha Tammy!

uknowhoo
04-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Cool thread, Jan.

I definitely think of all of you as women, while on-line. There are several members with whom I've spoken by phone. When on the phone with them, it's kinda weird - I experience perceptions of both male and female (as I'd expect they do with me).

Tammi

Julie Avery
04-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Happens to me too. A lot of times when one of the mtf's mentions a "wife" in a post I get confused for a minute, thinking "I thought they had a husband."

GypsyKaren
04-09-2006, 10:20 AM
We're all ladies here to me, except for the ones that misbehave, I don't give them that honor.

Karen

Karren H
04-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah, girls are girls!! Doesn't matter what gender they were born into!!

Love Karren

Joy Carter
04-09-2006, 12:15 PM
I would never never say to love or hon sweety to another mans face but here we are all the same and those expressions are universal now. GG use them all the time and it just goes well here. Thanks for asking !

Jan W
04-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks for your replies ladies,

Corresponds with my own feelings.

If something is mentioned out of femme it gives me a little shock.

The first time I spoke to a forum girlfriend on the phone my mind did a little backflip. Am over it now though, you are right we are all girls here. (except the ftm guys whom I perceive as men)

Jan

Teresa Amina
04-09-2006, 05:24 PM
I absolutely cannot imagine that any of you Aren't women! It has crossed my Rational mind (yes, it's in there somewhere:D ) occaisionally that "she was born male, you know"- but I just can't comprehend it.

Breanne
04-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Exactly, yes I think of all of you as girls (most as ladies, if you know what I mean,) When reading a post, I will think to myself, "she's got a point," or "she has a funny way of saying that..." or something of that nataure. Seeing a phot, the thinking will be "she's got beautiful _ _ _ " The operative word seems to always be "she." Thata's how I percieve all of you.

Gretchen
04-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Whether I am reading a post or writing one, it is always with the perception/awareness that I am reading ideas and feelings of other women. I am usually always dressed when on the forum and regard myself as feminine. This forum is the one place I can either read or write and feel the presence and understanding of many others with the same urges and responses that I so enjoy. In other words a safe place for a girl to be herself.
Love,
Gretchen

Julie Avery
04-10-2006, 03:54 PM
The first time I spoke to a forum girlfriend on the phone my mind did a little backflip.

I've experienced that too :) It's a nice learning curve, imho.

KimberlyS
04-10-2006, 04:31 PM
I guess I am the odd ball here, but hey whats new. Being I label myself as a feminine guy in a skirt/dress type of person, I always just think of myself just a guy. I am a guy and I would not want to change that. Well, maybe try it for a day or two, but no more. It is sometimes I just dress and apprear more feminine looking than other times.

I think of people here as people, persons, GG's or TG's/CD's/TS's. But when addressing someone I will use the appropriate femme or a unisex pronoun. But not to say I do not get confussed at times and suddenly wonder, now what type of person am I reading about or writing to. And meeting a cder in drab is confussing also, calling the person by their femme name but seening a guy, or the other way around. I will also mix and match with my wife which just drives her nuts, and she will stop me and say, "guy or gal", then I can go on.

I do not mean to offend anyone, but sorry, many of you here are just guys in dresses to me, or guys in transition to gals. But the looks of many of you here does make me think at times. But most of the time when I am reading a post I am thinking either GG, CD, or TS as I read it.

KimberlyS

My opinion only and your mileage may vary greatly.

My perfect world and store would only have a clothes departments organized by size ranges, mine would be full figured, and not men's and woman's departments.

lela
04-10-2006, 08:21 PM
This forum is just like listening to a group of girls talk about girl things. I live alone and work from my house, so I dress everyday. Dressing has become an important part of my life. I think of myself as a woman. I do what every housewife does, from cleaning, to cooking, even sewing. I look at all of us as girls. Just the other day a man trying to sell something called and asked to speak to the lady of the house, so in my male voice I said...speaking. He hung up. That's how much I think of myself and everyone on this forum as wonderful ladies.

Teresa Amina
04-10-2006, 08:28 PM
a man trying to sell something called and asked to speak to the lady of the house, so in my male voice I said...speaking. He hung up.

GOTTA remember that one!:D

Adrienne Heels
04-10-2006, 08:49 PM
We are ALL girls here!!

Diannna
04-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Well! I think sub consciously I know most of us are of the male gender, however I always look, see or chat as if we were all girls. The mind works in misterious ways, doesn't it.