PDA

View Full Version : Took a couple more steps

AmeeJo
04-18-2022, 12:33 PM
A few weeks ago, I shaved my chest for the first time, ever. I have been using my epilator since then and I have my chest and belly pretty smooth now. I still have a few stragglers that are slowly growing out since I shaved but it won't be long now. Friday I took my clippers to the hair on my lower arms and while they are not shaved per se, you can hardly see what hair there is there. I absolutely LOVE how they feel now and I'm amazed how much cleaner of a look they are now. This morning I shaved my armpits and, once again, WOW! I am essentially hairless from the waist up. Now I have to work up the nerve to do my legs which will be interesting as I will require some help to get all of the areas shaved. We'll see....baby steps.

Geena75
04-18-2022, 12:53 PM
Good for you! I have only ever shaved my legs, and that not since a couple years ago, but it felt amazing! I do miss that, but not allowed in my setting. Smooth feels incredible, doesn't it?

Kelli_cd
04-18-2022, 03:46 PM
The first time I shaved my legs I was surprised how "difficult" it was to towel them off. There was more friction without the barrier of hair.

I've also noticed since shaving my arm pits I don't seem to perspire as much. And there is definitely less odor there.

Helen_Highwater
04-18-2022, 04:09 PM
Keli,

One of the reasons women shave their armpits in addition to the aesthetics is antiperspirants instead of sticking to the hairs, fall on the skin and do their job better. Hence less odour.

Marissa Q
04-18-2022, 04:16 PM
Great job, AmeeJo! It absolutely feels wonderful to be free of much of that hair. I was shaving most of my bod well before I started dressing; besides the smoothness, I think it also makes me look younger!

Heather76
04-18-2022, 05:17 PM
Congrats AmeeJo on taking another step. I shave completely below my waist but haven't shaved my chest or arms. I do shave just enough of my upper chest below my neck so I have no hair showing when wearing a dress or nighty.

BrendaD
04-18-2022, 07:17 PM
Awesome AmeeJo! I shaved everything from the waist down on a whim one day and found I was so much more comfortable that I have done it consistently ever since. I am naturally not hairy at all. I haven?t shaved my arm pits because there isn?t anything there to shave. 💃

FrannGurl
04-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Unless you are married and the wife objects, you should do it.
I'm not married, but I know some wives are probably not too cool with it. I've been shaving fully for about 15 years and keeping my legs, arms, and entire body smooth is something I do about every 3 days and it feels wonderful. Ill never go back to hair ever again, except on my head

Jessax101
04-18-2022, 10:37 PM
AmeeJo,

A couple steps at a time allows one to be comfortable and also enjoy the process. Glad it?s working.

I have shaved my chest and it didn?t really look any difference cause there?s not a lot of hair. Not a lot of hair on arms and it is light brown so not very noticeable, legs have very little. What I have done though is become clean shaved on my face.

Hoping u will be able to continue the process as u desire.

Thanks, Jess.

JuliannaS
04-19-2022, 07:28 AM
Such a great feeling, isn't it? I've been shaving everything from the neck down. I love it!

ziggie
04-19-2022, 07:47 AM
I tend to shave more in the winter when it is less likely that others will notice. As spring is about to come, I have moved into the trimmed closely phase of the year.

alwayshave
04-21-2022, 07:54 AM
AmeeJo, I shave from my face down and love the feeling.

Billie
04-21-2022, 08:50 PM
I've been getting my arms and hands waxed, keeps the stubbly feeling down. Shave chest and on down. I have waxed legs in the past but the cost is a little off putting.