PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

Lana Mae
05-01-2022, 05:14 PM
Today(5/1) is my deceased wife's birthday! I loved her very much! She was never accepting! She lived in the period of my life with my "dead name"! Should I celebrate her birthday or not? I have lit a candle but nothing else! She knew I was trans and told my daughter that I probably wished I was a girl! Except for this she was a lovely lady! I do miss her! Maybe I answered my own question! Opinions? Thanks
Hugs Lana Mae

Jeri Ann
05-01-2022, 08:47 PM
Follow your heart Lana Mae.

Katya@
05-01-2022, 09:22 PM
You should do what is meaningful for you.

JessicaMW
05-02-2022, 01:14 AM
A difficult read... my wife 63 yoa with multiple health issues is not accepting and after our joint therapy sessions (6 years ago) the reason that I agreed to pause my transition. She has since blamed my dysphoria for her health collapse. I recently passed the 60 yoa landmark myself and feel the clock ticking. Her main issue was what others would think (she's very focused on other's views), and the expected ED (which has occurred naturally anyways).
I love her dearly none he less as it appears you did as well. I don't believe we should ever dismiss true love.

Laura912
05-02-2022, 06:26 AM
Read your post again. Therein lies the answer.

Fran Moore
05-02-2022, 09:50 AM
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I agree with Laura.

Lana Mae
05-02-2022, 06:46 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I followed my heart! I did what was meaningful to me! I did not dismiss true love! I read my post again! Everyone was right!!!
I went through the drive thru at McDonald's, parked in the parking lot facing the main street at an intersection, watched the clouds float by while I ate my meal!
This is something my wife and I used to do at times!
Yep, I still love her very much!
Again thanks!!
Hugs Lana Mae

AnelineM
05-03-2022, 09:32 PM
That is sweet Lana Mae. Thanks for sharing with us.