PDA

View Full Version : first time out

jennifer60
06-06-2022, 12:47 PM
How did you dress the first time in public, slacks, dress, top, wig hair style and
hair color I'm gray haired so I thought gray haired wig womens slacks jeans plain female top womens tennis shoes

Lana Mae
06-06-2022, 01:02 PM
First time out was a car ride! I had on: navy colored slacks, a navy top with white flowers, (both female) pantyhose in nude with black loafer flats and of course bra and forms and panties! I had no wig and no make up! That was the first time out! Hugs Lana Mae

kimdl93
06-06-2022, 03:08 PM
That sounds like a pretty good way to start out. My first time out? Darn, its been many years, but I think basically the same thing, a cute top and jeans.

My very first time out, I did not have a wig. That lasted maybe the two hours from leaving my house to getting professionally fitted in a wig at a Houston wig shop. It made a world of difference in my confidence.

Jolene Robertson
06-06-2022, 03:08 PM
My first time was out to a local record / Book store. Denim skirt, flowery top, 2-3/4" heels, wig, painted nails (fingers and toes), received one comment which was a positive one. It was summer and I was tanned so no hose, but make up and lip stick.

Fiona_44
06-06-2022, 03:18 PM
My first time out I wanted to remain as inconspicuous as possible. My hair is gray with a long ponytail but very thin on top. So I wrapped my head in a large kerchief & let the ponytail hang out the back. I wore a mid-calf length billowy denim skirt, a long-sleeve tunic top, sneakers, a necklace, lipstick and ladies sunglasses.

Linda Stockings
06-06-2022, 03:22 PM
My first time(s) out we're in a small college town in a much colder climate. I ranged from skirts and dresses with pantyhose and 4 inch heels. Makeup, and a cheap used wig. At first I would wear a parka with the hood pulled up to hide my hair. From there I would go out in broad daylight in makeup and hair. When looked at, I was generally clocked. One woman dropped her mouth open and stared at me with a terrified look on her face. Other times it wasn't as bad. When I moved to a hot summer, cool winter area, it was just as bad depending on my choice of clothes, shoes, wig, and makeup. The more casual I presented, the fewer stares. I soon learned to assume I'd be clocked, and just hope I'd blend well enough to not get prolonged stares. That seemed OK. My neighbors have seen me but none have spoken about it. They just seem friendly and I doubt they really care. I've had a few negative experiences, most I've voiced in other threads. So I won't repeat them here. Now I still love my dresses, skirts, hose, and heels, but also wear women's pants and jeans more. I almost always wear my heels and hose, even in hot weather. My makeup just doesn't last very long in heat. Now that I'm older I've taken more to casual wear, and am learning about gray wigs and how to hide more wrinkles. I've seen tutorials on how to use face tape to pull wrinkles back. Any of you ladies (GG's included) ever try any face tape?

Thanks, Linda

Helen_Highwater
06-06-2022, 03:50 PM
Jennifer,

It depends to some extent on where you want to go out. Are we talking going to the shops, out to eat, or just a walk somewhere?

JuliannaS
06-06-2022, 05:38 PM
First time out alone, something like this.i went to Walmart and Home Depot 329114

JocelynJames
06-06-2022, 05:58 PM
This was my first time out

Sometimes Steffi
06-06-2022, 07:16 PM
My first time out was at the Maryland Renaissance Faire. I entered the Faire as a boy, but rented a Wench costume. I used a kerchief instead of a wig and my makeup was awful.

But, it was a lot of fun. Mostly, no one gave any indication of noticing. But, several groups of GGs gave me a big smile. I even got one "M'lady".

NjJamie
06-06-2022, 08:33 PM
My first time out was in a Navy body con dress, white stockings and heeled sandals. I had an older blonde wig and my best (at the time!) attempt at makeup as well as a set of false nails. It was such an awesome outfit but all I could muster the courage for was to go for a short drive, stepped out and walked about 20-30 yards, got back home and have been trying to recreate that magic ever since!

Now it's as "blendy" as possible, gray wig does go a long way to avoid too close an observation, as well as nice pants and top, wedges and a cardigan. It's so very femme but yet I've been to supermarkets, malls and so many places with barely a second glance at times it made me think I must have forgotten to dress up!

Geena75
06-06-2022, 09:07 PM
The first time I stepped out of the vehicle I thoroughly over-planned it. But I changed my outfit choice at the last minute. I thought I had the perfect outfit, but when I tried it out it just didn't work. I realized that I wanted to feel really feminine. I ended up with the little black dress, patterned mesh tights and wedges. I got everything I wanted out of the experience. Now, I'm more into casual, more blending -- not that I pass.

Karren H
06-06-2022, 09:53 PM
Been almost 20 years.... Price Utah....

Aunt Kelly
06-06-2022, 10:41 PM
Unless you don't care what kind of attention you attract, your "look" should be appropriate for your age and for the venue that you intend to visit. You won't "pass", but you may be able to "blend".

Paula_56
06-07-2022, 08:33 AM

Here's a picture fo what I typically wear when out and about for a day of shopping and lunch

Heather76
06-07-2022, 08:17 PM
I've not ever been out dressed; so, my thoughts are probably worth nothing. That said, I should think the best way to present for the first time is however you find yourself most comfortable. If I'm ever able to go out dressed (and I believe that opportunity will present itself), I will wear a dress, hosiery, flats, bra, forms, wig, and makeup. I will go out in the evening in a parklike setting where I can either sit on a bench or walk around or both to whatever degree I prefer. I will try not to stand out but hopefully blend enough that I don't draw unwanted attention.

Natalie5004
06-07-2022, 09:55 PM
I bet my first time out I looked ridiculous. It takes practice. I am very comfortable going out now. It has been about 2 years in the making.
I do think I still over dress when I go out. I do not think I should be the best dressed woman out there shopping.

April Rose
06-08-2022, 09:41 AM
I wore an outfit provided by my then girlfriend, who would become my wife. A red silk tunic top, black pleated skirt and black hose. She accompanied me on a walk around the block. I had my own shoulder length hair and no makeup.

Cheryl T
06-08-2022, 10:24 AM
My first time in public was with my wife and we went to a shopping mall far from home.
I was in tight jeans with a nice blouse and flats. I wore my shoulder length brunette wig and of course full makeup. I felt like everyone was there to watch me until I sat for a few minutes and watched them. That's when I realized that almost no one looked at me. They were all too busy with what they were doing. That's when I relaxed and began to really enjoy the day.

JenniferR771
06-08-2022, 02:39 PM
I am not sure I remember, exactly. It was after a makeover from my local hair salon. Green women's suit with tan blouse. Big gold earrings, pearls.
I bought something small at a drug store...and... then walked around the a large mall for a few minutes. A woman at a salon asked what I wanted, "A haircut?"
Huh--for a wig?
I just said, "I wanted to give you something to talk about later this afternoon!"
LOL!

Debbie Denier
06-08-2022, 04:02 PM
1st time out was nearly 40 years ago. Went out at night with long coat for a walk. Reached a secluded bridge and slipped on high heels for a bit . Crazy and dangerous idea then and now. Daytime is safer.

Aunt Kelly
06-08-2022, 04:51 PM
Wearing a dress and hosiery, in the park, at night, and you think you'll not stand out?

thelillystar
06-10-2022, 12:13 PM
My first time outside :)

JulieC
06-10-2022, 06:26 PM
Wearing a dress and hosiery, in the park, at night, and you think you'll not stand out?

Well, she did say evening and not night. Evenings around here, our parks tend to have lots of people. Thins out as the sun sets.

But yeah, I won't do the dress/skirt and heels crossdressing adventures at night in some secluded location anymore. That's good advice I learned from this thread years back. I did, on occasion, do this in the past, and almost always when it was raining. So, I'm in a park, at night, dressed en femme, carrying an open umbrella due to the rain...by myself. How many women would do that? None. NONE. I don't do that anymore. It's just too dangerous. Now I just have to work up the courage to be in broad daylight with lots of people around.

RoxieChristine
06-20-2022, 01:33 PM
My first time ended up being a drive only. I wore a white dress, wig, red of course, hose, breast forms, makeup, bra and panties. Just wore some saddles I had. It was late so didn't really get a chance to stop anywhere. A couple of nights later I did go shopping at Walmart. Bought some makeup and food. I was in my khaki skirt, green v neck tee sheer, makeup, wig, breast forms, and thigh high stocking. Had a blast and didn't notice any looks.

Maria in heels
07-01-2022, 04:12 PM
The very first time that I went out was many years ago while still a teenager. The first time was a dress and heels in my neighborhood at 3 am, where I would just go outside and enjoy being myself. Walking around the blocks (Lived in the city) was something amazing, and if a car came by I was always afraid and ducked and hid. I also dressed with just forms and undergarments with a sweatshirt and jeans on, wearing purple leather pumps and going to the stores by bus and train back in the early 1980s with no one saying anything or issues. Guess I was lucky....

Jillian Faith
07-02-2022, 08:23 AM
Here's what I wore for my first time out (the purse was borrowed from my wife as I did not own one at the time), my wife and I went out shopping on a Saturday night. We hit a Payless shoe store, Target and Kohl's. The second pic is me relaxing on the back patio with a glass of wine celebrating my first time in public as Jill.

Kelli_cd
07-02-2022, 08:47 AM
Super cute outfit, Jill, you look fantastic!

Jillian Faith
07-03-2022, 05:01 AM
Thanks Kelli, you are so sweet!

Rachel Anne
07-05-2022, 05:29 PM
My first time out away from the house I came within 30 seconds of getting pulled over by the police. I figured no one would be out at 3am. Well, the people who are out at 3 am you don't want anything to do with.

When people say, if you want to blend in with people, there need to be people to blend in with, that's good advice.