PDA

View Full Version : Despite being a crossdresser, In what aspects are you suprisingly masculine?

Pink_Butterfly
06-22-2022, 01:02 PM
Exactly. How have you retained it? Does your job require being masculine or showing a masculine persona?

Jane G
06-22-2022, 04:59 PM
No answer I can think of right now to that one. Depends what masculine is. Not something I have ever given thought too. Just me doing what I do. I will reply later in the thread after I get the gist.

VS Fan
06-22-2022, 05:11 PM
Masculine dragon tattoos? and shooting sports - although there are plenty of women that enjoy that as well. Oh and I don?t like chick flicks LOL, still has to be heart pounding action for me :)

abby054
06-22-2022, 06:09 PM
Portraying a warm, happy, festive grandfather image.

OrdinaryAverageGuy
06-22-2022, 06:10 PM
Let's see. Carpenter, tattoos, (word I'm not allowed to mention here but involves loud noises) enthusiast, pilot, beer drinker, rocker, protective husband father and grandfather. But to be fair, my wife would qualify for 5 out of 7 there.
As I've said, I'm just an ordinary average guy. In a dress.

Natalie5004
06-22-2022, 06:11 PM
I can take care of things. It does not matter what it is, I can get it done. Not that I am a handyperson or a mechanic but I do surprise myself sometimes.

Camille58
06-22-2022, 06:43 PM
40+ years in construction as a carpenter taught me that masculinity is hard to define. Some of the toughest guys I met were not what I would call super masculine. So masculinity is not something that you wear. It is something that you just are. Being a crossdresser does not change that.

Karren H
06-22-2022, 07:27 PM
IDK, is being a coal miner masculine? Crawling around in deep, dark, dirty, wet underground mines! Plus I have played ice hockey most of my life. But then again there are women coal miners and we have women playing in our armature league. So who can say whats masculine anymore!

Panty1
06-22-2022, 07:27 PM
I too am in the construction industry. I do a lot of heavy lifting and climbing on ladders. I love the out of doors. Hunting, fishing and hiking. I can fix just about anything if I take the time to analyze it. I have been told I'm an excellent husband, father and grandfather. I also like to cross-dress. So?

AmeeJo
06-22-2022, 07:45 PM
If I can't fix it, it's not broken! I'm into anything mechanical, electronics, electrical, construction, wood working, welding, collecting bras, wearing stockings, dresses, skirts, blouses, doing my makeup, styling my wig. Wait, where was I going with this?

Anything can be masculine just like anything can be feminine. I don't label myself as either. I'm just me.

Stephanie47
06-22-2022, 07:57 PM
Outward appearance count? Six foot/200 pounds, male pattern baldness. Former United States Army infantryman (Vietnam) with battle scars. Can look rather scruffy most of the time.

JocelynJames
06-22-2022, 08:27 PM
1, the fact that I need to shave every day?more like every 5 hours. 2, I?d say my walk and mannerisms are most definitely masculine, and 3, I make sure to do the gentlemanly thing for a lady.
I won’t necessarily say my job requires it, but there are literally 3 women and 90 guys on the shop floor. Being unmasculine would not go unnoticed.

Kris Burton
06-22-2022, 08:48 PM
The most masculine thing I have ever done is being a father.

Camille58
06-22-2022, 09:22 PM
Kris, I couldn?t agree more!

GaleWarning
06-22-2022, 10:22 PM
Nothing I can do about my facial features. Or my voice. Both dead giveaways!

Teri Ray
06-23-2022, 05:56 AM
I am not sure what defines one as masculine. I do know, or at least would bet, that if I were in a line up for someone to pick out who might be a crossdresser I would not be picked. And during that line up I would be wearing a bra and panties.

Tiffany355
06-23-2022, 06:25 AM
IDK, is being a coal miner masculine? Crawling around in deep, dark, dirty, wet underground mines! Plus I have played ice hockey most of my life. But then again there are women coal miners and we have women playing in our armature league. So who can say whats masculine anymore!

I was a hard rock miner for 13 years.

alwayshave
06-23-2022, 06:51 AM
Sure I have some traditionally male pursuits that I enjoy. Just like I enjoy some traditionally female pursuits, such as going out dressed to the 9s.

Sara Marshall
06-23-2022, 06:53 AM
My wife often brings this topic up, she loves my duality of masculine and feminine traits. I love dressing to the nines with a great pair of heels, but I also love 4 wheeling and building bumpers or anything out of metal, road and roll racing my car, and I own a specialty construction company where I work outside everday( not great for tan lines lol)

GretchenM
06-23-2022, 07:15 AM
Another one involved in the mining industry here. I prepare mining and reclamation plans for mining companies and try to keep them right with the environmental laws - mostly successful, but there are times ... I have to almost completely turn off Gretchen-mode when on the locations. Getting harder and harder to do that as that part of me continues to grow and occupy more real estate in my brain. But I manage. I find in general that mines are flooded with testosterone.

However, I do tend to treat employees a bit differently. In general complimenting somebody for doing a good job is not considered necessary. When I compliment someone for doing very well they seem surprised and I find they really appreciate it. I think they consider that to be a feminine behavior - I consider it essential. It is apparent that in this industry being empathic and compassionate is not commonly applied. Sad.

Jenn A116
06-23-2022, 08:32 AM
I've definitely got a "masculine" walk. I have several cameras in the house, one of which views a hallway between the great room and the office. I've watched recordings of myself walking up and down that hallway in both guy mode and girl mode. Same walk - go figure. :)

So I decided Jenn needed a more "feminine" walk. I've tried reminding myself to relax my body and let my hips move more when in girl mode. An improvement but still not there. Needs more practice I guess.

Debbie Denier
06-23-2022, 08:57 AM
I live in different worlds. The Cd world which is fem . The sports world of rugby and football which is masc. The social side with friends which is masc. Work a bit of both depending upon the company I keep. No surprises really. I adapt to each situation.

Cheryl T
06-23-2022, 09:26 AM
Truthfully at this stage I would say none.
There is nothing I do that is overtly masculine. Practically everything I do could be done by either a woman or a man.

Linda Stockings
06-23-2022, 12:20 PM
I would say I have ugly male knees, and a male face. A GG friend did my makeup in my avatar picture, and I would say she got me the most feminine look I've ever had....just by contouring, and a very sparing amount of makeup. All my dresses and skirts hit just below my knees so they're covered...or I wear women's skinny jeans or dress slacks, with a modest women's blazer or jacket.

Thanks,
Linda

candykowal
06-23-2022, 03:47 PM
I really had to learn how to be a guy back in the day as I was raised to embrace my feminine side.
As some of you know, I was living as a girl, in my youth for 5 years and graduated high school and college as a girl.
It was really tough to find a job as Candice and I was kind of talked into joining the military.
So I joined the Navy, learned how to be a guy in bootcamp and was assigned to a F-14 Fighter Squadron aboard the USS Eisenhower.
I became a Plane Captain on the flightdeck and eventually worked on the Tomcat's Avionic Black boxes.
During shore duty, I lived off base as Candice, when I could....
...but the military wasn't for me so I got a honorable discharge after my 4 years of duty.
It sure was a eye opener on how others live in the world and I grew up, living on and off as a girl.
Next masculine thing was finally going in the closet to marry my current wife of 27 years and be a husband.
She is independant enough to go off on her own and this allows me to reminise about those fun Candy days.

Heather76
06-23-2022, 11:13 PM
My most masculine trait is I can still cuss like a drunken sailor - which I was on occasion when on liberty while serving in the Navy in Vietnam. I reserve those moments for times when I am truly frustrated by something. Other than that, I don't know that anything I do, or the manner in which I do it, would be considered highly masculine or highly feminine.

JuliannaS
06-24-2022, 07:10 AM
Probably that i am always fixing stuff....cars, motorcycles, etc....

SaraLin
06-24-2022, 07:21 AM
Um - I still like girls?

On a more serious note, I find that my "thinking" style is often the stereotypically masculine mindset of "identify the problem and find the solution."
Social interactions are difficult for me. I'm very awkward socially (but slowly improving), and sharing my feelings is terrifying.

kimdl93
06-24-2022, 07:45 AM
I would probably turn this around and say that despite being whatever else I am, I can be deceptively masculine, given my physical stature.

Jessica S
06-24-2022, 08:49 AM
I would say everything else I do besides wearing women's clothes. hunt, fish, camp, drinking beer, shooting, building and fixing things etc.

Paulie Birmingham
06-24-2022, 08:59 AM
its just the clothes. that's it.

Mari
06-24-2022, 01:55 PM
For me, it's probably the fact that I enjoy working on cars, repairing and building stuff, working on electronics projects, etc. Obviously there are women who are into that too, but that's probably the most obvious "masculine" trait people would notice about me.

PaulaJeanette
06-24-2022, 02:07 PM
Only difference is PaulaJeanette; otherwise, I'm male.

susan jackson
06-25-2022, 01:41 AM
I still listen to heavy metal and punk music and watch WWF wrestling!

dawnmarrie1961
06-25-2022, 07:23 AM
YOU TELL ME.
I'd say because I try to stay fit. My arms are thin but muscular. As are my legs. I also don't make any attempt at changing my voice.
Basically, you have to work with what you've got. Some of us have more feminine attributes than others. Some have less.
I saw a CD on the bus the other day. She was wearing a halter top and short shorts. A scarf was wrapped around head concealing the face. A hairy chest and a big hairy pot belly. She sat down, crossed her legs and rode for the next few stops.
Whomever that was it took a lot of courage.
Sometimes you just got to be you.
Kudos.

sometimes_miss
06-25-2022, 08:24 AM
Lots. The easiest would be communication style, and friendships.
I can go for weeks, not saying a word to or from anyone else, doesn't seem abnormal to me at all. I'll often sit with a friend for hours, watching sports on TV without talking about anything at all; on the road, we'll often not say a single word to each other for hours, quite content to just listen to music. Women have practically screamed at me, 'TALK TO ME!!!!' if we're in the car for any length of time; they will chat on and on, but eventually feel the need for me to talk. About nothing in particular. Just talk. My male friends have confirmed that they get the same response if their mate is with them.
Men tend to speak in what is called 'direct speech', and women, indirect speech.
Women, OTOH, bond by talking to each other, and getting 'the silent treatment' from someone is the worst thing that someone can do to them. Men? We love silence.
I remember a funny comic strip, the 'For better or worse' one. The mother is worried, because her son who just went off to college, hasn't called home for a few days; she's sure something terrible has happened. She mentions this to his dad; He replies, 'I'm sure nothing's wrong at all'. She asks how can he be sure? He responds, 'Because if there was something wrong, he'd call'.
That explains the huge difference between how men and women communicate; We speak, to solve a perceived issue; women speak, just to talk (and it usually drives us nuts). As explained by John Gray, of 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus' fame: 'When men have a problem and there's no solution, they will usually stop talking about it. OTOH, when women have a problem, and there's no solution, they will respond with, 'Well, at least we can talk about it!'.

Men bond with each other through shared activities, and we can go for decades without seeing or talking to someone, and then pick up right where we left off 40 years ago as if it were yesterday. After I retired, I started looking up friends that I had known back in my teens and twenties, and have traveled across the country to visit some guys I knew, and as mentioned, never felt like they were ignoring me; we just assumed that the other guy was busy in life; and we'd get to see them again someday if the circumstances were right for it (sadly I put off doing this for too long, and many had died off over the years).
Another example: In his sixties, my dad went to his old American Legion hall, in the town where he grew up, on some reunion night, where some of his friends from back when he was in the navy, were going to be. I went along; I had heard his stories about the good times he had when he was on leave, and he wanted me to meet 'the guys'. This was in the late 80's; he hadn't seen them since they all came home from Okinawa in 1946, and were discharged from the service. They all got along great.
Women, OTOH, will feel ignored by a friend if they don't hear from them OFTEN, such as at least every few days. Go for two weeks, and she will think she's being shunned by her friend, and longer than that, she'll definitely 'just know' that something is wrong.

If you're interested, you can learn more differences in the genders, in the books by Allan and Barbara Pease, such as 'Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps'.

Kitty Sue
06-25-2022, 04:36 PM
I like trains and model railroading. I have a masculine tattoo from when I was in the military and I still follow with interest military affairs. While women do these things too, they are mainly pursuits followed by men.

- - - Updated - - -

YOU TELL ME.
I'd say because I try to stay fit. My arms are thin but muscular. As are my legs. I also don't make any attempt at changing my voice.
Basically, you have to work with what you've got. Some of us have more feminine attributes than others. Some have less.
I saw a CD on the bus the other day. She was wearing a halter top and short shorts. A scarf was wrapped around head concealing the face. A hairy chest and a big hairy pot belly. She sat down, crossed her legs and rode for the next few stops.
Whomever that was it took a lot of courage.
Sometimes you just got to be you.
Kudos.

The first time I went out dressed I wrapped my face in a scarf. Just goes to show whatever we have done somebody else has too!

JohnH
06-25-2022, 04:59 PM
My most masculine attribute is my voice, both speaking and singing. I am the only true bass in my church choir and at times I have sung written notes down to C2, the two ledger line C below the bass staff. I have been showing up at choir rehearsals wearing a sleeveless maxi-dress, and I have a feminine figure and appearance. Yes, I do like to drink beer and whiskey and do woodworking.

Heather76
06-25-2022, 09:38 PM
The response by sometimes_miss reminds me of something I often say to illustrate a point about the difference between how men and women communicate. Here goes: A woman can spend 30 minutes telling you about a 5 minute conversation she had with someone while a man can tell you in 5 seconds about a 30 minute conversation he had with someone.

Patience
06-25-2022, 11:46 PM
None.

I was born biologically male, therefore all my male traits are unsurprising.

docrobbysherry
06-26-2022, 10:15 AM
How do I know I'm masculine?:straightface:

Because when I'm not dressed, even when I'm out shopping for Sherry no one would ever guess I'm a crossdresser!:tongueout

Maid_Marion
06-28-2022, 06:34 AM
I love competing in rose shows. Competition is usually male dominated, with just the occasional female. The guys need to show who is best.
I've now reached the next level, in which I'm comfortable teaching others how to compete. And telling them my gardening objectives to achieve success.
I've also gotten good at giving away roses so that the recipients have great success in growing their own roses!
I'll time plant transfers so the weather is ideal for transplanting. I know enough about the local weather that even if they forget to water, the plants may still survive!

Marion

Majella St Gerard
06-29-2022, 03:13 PM
Well, for one, I have a penis. I'd say that's pretty masculine