PDA

View Full Version : This is a big step for me

Robyn16
06-25-2022, 11:52 PM
Hi Everyone, I am finally taking a big step and have set an appointment with a gender therapist , I am looking forward to this new journey and finally being open 100% to someone other than my wife, scary but i believe its time to do it. Love you all, Robyn

RoxieChristine
06-26-2022, 12:00 AM
Congratulations that is a big step. I'm still working it all out in my head. That is a big step. I wish you the best.

Heather76
06-26-2022, 03:20 AM
Good luck. I hope you get out of it what you want, need, and hope for.

Rachelakld
06-26-2022, 04:43 AM
Hope you find the answers your after (okay I had to google what a gender therapist does)

NancyJ
06-26-2022, 06:59 AM
Robyn, This is a BIG step. Is your wife supportive? Does she understand? CD almost broke up my marriage a couple times, but we have figured out how ro manage it. It is so important to understand yourself and settle on your priorities. Good luck with this! Nancy

GretchenM
06-26-2022, 07:01 AM
Robyn, you have made a good choice. When I came out, 11 years ago, I went to a gender therapist within a couple of months. It was the best thing I ever did. She helped me find a direction and work things out within me to help me identify who I was in totality and what direction I should move. With her help I considered all the options and she helped me explore each one until I found the pattern and direction that was most comfortable for me internally as well as fit the external circumstances. I am not sure I would have found that so quickly without her help.

Robyn16
06-26-2022, 03:11 PM
Thanks Everybody for the best wishes, really appreciate them. my wife supports me but not 100%, so will not be sharing my sessions with her till I have a more clearer idea where I am with things or how far I might go ,all depends, and she is ok with this

Debbie Denier
06-26-2022, 04:12 PM
Good luck Robyn. Hope it works out well for you.

Fiona_44
06-26-2022, 04:25 PM
Best of luck on your journey Robyn.

Lana Mae
06-26-2022, 04:46 PM
Best wishes on this part of your journey! Hugs Lana Mae

Camille58
06-26-2022, 04:49 PM
Good luck Robyn! I have been seeing a gender therapist for around 8 months now, and I don't know how I could navigate this without her. The ability to talk freely with someone is amazing! I know that I would never have been able to accept myself without it.

kimdl93
06-26-2022, 07:51 PM
Very best of luck. Frustrating as it may seem at the time, please give yourself and your wife time to settle into a new normal. I know it can work out. There are so many examples here of couples that have successfully adapted.

dawnmarrie1961
06-27-2022, 01:49 AM
Kudos to you for having the courage to take a step forward.
A therapist will word questions in such a way that you answer your own questions, this is good because only you can truly know the answers for yourself.
The therapist is your guide on this journey of self-discovery.
Good luck.

BustyOlivia
06-27-2022, 03:07 AM
Wow, congrats on finding a therapist! I found today looking down at myself dressed and feeling like my body was real for just a minute, it was heaven. Not sure if it?s relevant but I had a happy day today and I hope your therapist leads to happy days for you girl!

prene
06-27-2022, 03:09 AM
Great.
My therapist is great ... hope it works for you.

alwayshave
06-27-2022, 06:37 PM
Robyn, I wish you all the luck with your journey.

Aunt Kelly
06-27-2022, 07:17 PM
I hope that your first interaction with your therapist goes/went well. To the good advice you've already received I can only add the suggest to be as open and honest as you can be. Yes, it can be scary, opening up about something that is so often heavily loaded, emotionally, but that's how this works.
Best of luck to you on this party of your journey.
BTW, not every therapist is a good fit. If you don't feel like it is after two or three sessions, it is perfectly OK to let him/her know, or to just move on to another.

Robyn16
06-27-2022, 07:29 PM
Thanks again for your input and well wishes, love you all !!