PDA

View Full Version : Hot day in the UK.

Natalie56
07-10-2022, 01:28 PM
Went for a walk and supermarket shopping, Jeans and T-shirt with tights and knickers underneath. But lots of lovely ladies in summer dresses feeling the breeze as they flounced along. I just with I had the nerve to walk along with them. I wish I could go outside or had the bravery to. They looked so pretty, I want to feel like that but alas I am not brave enough.

Debbie Denier
07-10-2022, 03:32 PM
Hi Natalie, You will find a lot of girls on here not brave enough to dress outside. Like you I am a UK girl and like you I regularly wear knickers and tights underneath male attire. If you are tempted to go outside, I would go somewhere out of your town. Maybe you could book a makeover and stay out of town too. The trick is to blend and not stand out from the crowd if you can.

Lana Mae
07-10-2022, 03:44 PM
Hi, Natalie! Welcome to the forum!
Bravery is needed the first time! Once out there is no going back! Your confidence will soar and there is less need of bravery! Dress for the venue-Jeans and T-shirt at the grocery store etc! You have the right to be you! AND Let yourself be yourself! Best wishes on your journey! Remember baby steps! Hugs Lana Mae

docrobbysherry
07-10-2022, 06:28 PM
Yeah, totally! :whew!:

It nearly got to 80 here today!:doh:

What is that in Celcius, Natalie? Like 120 degrees?:straightface:

Karren H
07-10-2022, 08:14 PM
Everyone deserves the opportunity to flouncy about! It is an amazing feeling no doubt.

Crissy 107
07-10-2022, 09:10 PM
Natalie, I totally understand what you are saying. Seeing the ladies in the summer dresses feeling the breeze can certainly make one envious.

Geena75
07-10-2022, 09:38 PM
Summer dresses feel so good! By all means, get dressed up, slip off to another town and take a stroll in the park. My greatest fear is that someone would recognize me, which I about eliminated by avoiding my locality. Will you get 'made?' Probably, but who cares? You're not asking for approval or even acceptance, just to be.

TheHiddenMe
07-10-2022, 09:54 PM
Summer clothes are fun. I wrote about it here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/hot-time-in-the-summertime/

Those of us who venture out were never brave enough to go out until one day we were. And then we realize "what was I so afraid of?"

And Doc, 80 F is about 27C....

BrendaD
07-10-2022, 10:29 PM
I am with you Natalie, I am always envious of be able to wear those pretty summer dresses.

CDSophie62
07-11-2022, 01:54 AM
Hi Natalie
I know the feeling, I?m also in the UK.

I?ve got the summer dress & I wear it in the garden. I just need some white trainers or strappy sandals & large sunglasses to blend in .

And of course the courage to go out dressed like that!

alwayshave
07-11-2022, 06:02 AM
Natalie, I was in a local supermarket on Saturday and there was a MIAD, wearing a maxi dress and I though I wish I had the guts to do that. I won't go out unless, I have makeup and a wig on. Some people just have more confidence than I do.

BobbiKay
07-11-2022, 06:04 AM
80 F is 26.7 C.
120 F is 49 C.
C = 5/9 * (F-32); F = (9/5 * C) + 32.
Some reference points: 32 F = 0 C; 50 F = 10 C; 68 F = 20 C; 77 F = 25 C; 86 F = 30 C.
At sea level, water boils at 212 F = 100 C.
And -40 F = -40 C.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Mermaiden
07-11-2022, 06:52 AM
One of my summer fantasies is a garden party on the Swedish with all the women in summer dresses and me in a white linen dress with a hem above my knees. I?d have a gin and tonic.

GretchenM
07-11-2022, 07:17 AM
Welcome to the forum. I totally understand it. For me the problem is getting out of the neighborhood without being seen. Most know me and know my vehicle. I feel bad about letting these perceptions of others control me, but I do it primarily to avoid my behavior reflecting negatively on my wife. She is supportive but not of dressing outside or even inside. That is she recognizes my gender variance, but keeps boundaries tight. When she is gone I do go out at night into a private pergola in our garden. It really bothers me that I just can't do it, but that is the way it is sometimes. The idea of going to another town is not a bad one but I am very much a homebody. So, what it comes down to is it is really my own fault. Grrr.

We just had two days of 100+ degrees F. Useful information BobbiKay. Liked your brief Ted Talk. Perhaps 100F would not seem so nasty if we used C but are programmed to think in F - then 100 degrees might feel much less hot. Nah! Hot is hot no matter what temperature scale. :doh:

jacques
07-11-2022, 11:09 AM
hello Natalie,
I think it is too hot to wear tights today in the UK and it is going to get hotter later this week.
I am not brave enough to wear a skirt or dress in public.
But, women's tee shirts, cycle shorts, short socks and trainers can be quite unisex enough not to get you noticed.
luv J

Rachelakld
07-12-2022, 05:42 AM
saw your weather on our news here in NZ, with video of people at Brighton beach- looked great (didn't see any donkeys, maybe they were killed by the PC police), but not sure how you can still wear jeans in that temp.

JoanneOG
07-12-2022, 03:08 PM
My wife is away for a few days so I have been wearing summer dresses and working from home. I have lunch in my secluded garden and take a wander after dark along my rural road when no one else should be out. Summer dresses are so pretty and cool to wear in the daytime heat and evening warmth. They relax me so much. I really must expand my collection while the season is here.