PDA

View Full Version : Something to be wary of ...

Wombat
04-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Sitting here, merrily posting to the CD forum, and a blokey forum. Then I suddenly realised I'd sort of lost track of which forum I was on and nearly posted a reply to a CD thread ... ON THE WRONG FORUM :eek:

Wombat

Kieron Andrew
04-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Sitting here, merrily posting to the CD forum, and a blokey forum. Then I suddenly realised I'd sort of lost track of which forum I was on and nearly posted a reply to a CD thread ... ON THE WRONG FORUM :eek:

Wombat
lol wombat.......ive nearly done that a few times, it could prove to be quite embarrassing eh lol

Julie York
04-10-2006, 10:57 AM
I know what you mean but I think you'll find that the DS200 has more torque and is considerably less expensive than say the DS100 (which was always over rated anyway.)

Peace man.
Doug.

wendy
04-10-2006, 11:09 AM
I solve that issue by opening up this forum in one browser and my other forums in other browser (ie. netscape, firefox).:D

JoAnnDallas
04-10-2006, 11:21 AM
There is a easy solution. That is, only open one forum at a time. Read, Reply, Post and then shutdown that forum and then goto the next. You will never get them mixed up that way.
I find it distracting to have multi-forums open at the same time. I once had this forum and the CrossdressersClub forum open at the same time. Both forum use the same software and I had trouble remembering which thread I was responding to at times.

Jennaie
04-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Yes, I remember having to type, "Whoops" more than couple of times back in the irc days of the early ninetys running 6 and 7 channels at a time, being a channel op in some and channel owner in my own.

uknowhoo
04-10-2006, 01:30 PM
I know what you mean but I think you'll find that the DS200 has more torque and is considerably less expensive than say the DS100 (which was always over rated anyway.)

Peace man.
Doug.

Dude, you are so full of crap. Duh, you get what you pay for man. Go ahead and keep your POS 200. Loser!

Buford

we will now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, sorry.

Ms. Donna
04-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Forget forums, I've caught myself signing 'Love & Stuff' on emails at work more than a few times. :o

So far, none have been sent... So far...

Love & er, Stuff,
Donna

jillinla
04-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Like Ms Donna says

I've had to watch signing off emails to my boss with
:happy:
"Thanks Hon"

Rachel Morley
04-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Forget forums, I've caught myself signing 'Love & Stuff' on emails at work more than a few times. :o

So far, none have been sent... So far...

Love & er, Stuff,
Donna

Ha ha! This is so true. Last week I nearly ended an email to the Director of Business Operations with "Hugs, Angel" :eek:

Wombat
04-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Ha ha! This is so true. Last week I nearly ended an email to the Director of Business Operations with "Hugs, Angel" :eek:

How do you know it wouldn't have worked:cheeky:

Wombat

Lilith Moon
04-11-2006, 07:02 AM
I post on a few blokey newsgroup forums using a femme identity. I suppose that makes me a etranny ? Anyway, I find that most forum members fall over themselves to be polite, helpful and courteous to a mere damsel asking for information on hifi, plumbing or whatever. :cheeky:

Wombat
04-11-2006, 07:22 AM
I post on a few blokey newsgroup forums using a femme identity. I suppose that makes me a etranny ? Anyway, I find that most forum members fall over themselves to be polite, helpful and courteous to a mere damsel asking for information on hifi, plumbing or whatever. :cheeky:

Ooo, didn't think of doing that. What a ripper of an idea. :evil:

Wombat

**down wombat, down. You promised the nice doctor you'd be good**

Miriannah
04-11-2006, 07:47 AM
I act girly + bizarre pretty much everywhere, so it's no biggie or even surprise to people at this point. Why, a few days ago on another forum, I was posting pictures of 8 1/2" hooker shoes in a thread about "the most comfortable shoes you own." Even in RL, some friends and I were making lewd jokes and motions with a really large toy gun (I think it was a super soaker-type thing) with a telescoping barrel.

So yeah, at this point I could easily play off anything like that as a joke. :)