PDA

View Full Version : If theres.......

Kieron Andrew
04-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Ok just to kick start things off.........

If theres one famous guy you really admire, look up to, or even model yourself on, who is it and why????

CaptLex
04-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Ok just to kick start things off.........

If theres one famous guy you really admire, look up to, or even model yourself on, who is it and why????
Hmmm . . . you got me thinking for a while on this one, kells. Let's see . . . actually, the person who inspires me regarding TG stuff is actually an MtF - Eddie Izzard. For those not familiar with him, he's a British actor/comedian/activist (and self-proclaimed "action" and "executive" transvestite) who started me thinking about my own androgyny and crossdressing. He's always been out and open about it and I found myself saying, "Hey, me too!" to a lot of the stuff he's said over the years in printed and television interviews. So, if I ever meet Eddie in person I'd like to buy him a beer to thank him for helping me see the light. :koc:

But that's probably not what you meant, right? So, what famous guy do I admire, look up to or model myself after? I can't think of any real person, but there have been a few fictional characters I've admired and wouldn't mind being like. One of these is Rick (Humphrey Bogart) in Casablanca. He was tough and decisive, but he was also fair and compassionate. He wouldn't let anyone push him around (not even the Germans), but his heart broke for Ingrid Bergman and bled for the cause. There are a few others, but that's the general idea.

Good question, kells, but you didn't answer it yourself. How about you? +?

Kieron Andrew
04-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Not an FTM but this question still applies, SO HA!!
Hehe, good question. As a GG I've found that the men I admire (until recently) I have always tried to personify. Like Jeff Hardy the wrestler, oh the days :P . Because I am a crossplayer I tend to embody a lot of 12 year old anime characters. i.e. my avatar which is Sasuke from the anime Naruto, albeit a bit fuzzy.
good answer although i did mean FTMs

Kieron Andrew
04-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Good question, kells, but you didn't answer it yourself. How about you? ? thats cos i thought of the question and havent a clue lol.......let me think on it a few days lol

CaptLex
04-11-2006, 12:38 PM
:surrender pooooo.... I aspire to be. . . . :sigh: I know no one else considers it, but I do crossdress just not in the "I aspire to be a full time male" kinda way. I repeat though :surrender
Wren,

Don't surrender. I think it's totally cool that you can identify with FtM in some way, even if not as a "full time male". :cool: I'm certainly not one to judge, having been up and down the crossdressing/transgender spectrum myself, and I welcome your opinions and experiences here. Peace.

mistunderstood
04-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Hummmmmmmmmmmmm. Have to think. I do not look up to just one person but several. James Earl Jones the voice of Darth Vader not because he is bad but he over came stuttering, John Kennedy because he tryed to make the world safe and help care for handicapped people, and my granfather for teaching me about tools and just being a good person. Soory could not stick to one.

Kieron Andrew
04-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Hummmmmmmmmmmmm. Have to think. I do not look up to just one person but several. James Earl Jones the voice of Darth Vader not because he is bad but he over came stuttering, John Kennedy because he tryed to make the world safe and help care for handicapped people, and my granfather for teaching me about tools and just being a good person. Soory could not stick to one.
Thanks......for answering.....having posed the question myself, im actually having a hard time choosing someone so, the fact you chose a couple dont worry about it :)

CaptLex
04-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Good answer, Aaron. BTW, James Earl Jones is cool, but I also like the character, Darth Vader, because he overcame the dark side in the end.

May the Force be with you! ;)