PDA

View Full Version : What type of dresser?

Maria 60
07-24-2022, 08:54 AM
Yesterday was a hot one, we went to a outdoor patio by the lake and ordered a bucket of beer and watched people walking on the lake boardwalk. Of course I was watching all the women wearing those pretty summer dresses and told my wife how lucky woman are to have all that selection. My wife buys those pretty dresses but usually never wears them and I asked her why?. She told me she wants to be comfortable and wearing a dress you have to be more careful that it doesn't blow up and you have to sit more proper so you don't give perv men a view up there. Because she said to trust her that men are always trying for that view and she just feels more comfortable in shorts or capris. The funny thing was she asked me the strangest question, she asked me if Maria was a real women how would she had dressed to do what we were doing? Wow, I never really got that question asked before but with little thought I told her I would definitely be wearing a dress and in that casual situations of just having a few drinks probably with a nice cute pare of flat sandals. I then thought I would test the waters and I told her that she knows me better then anyone else and how she thinks I would dress if I was a real women. She told me that I would definitely be wearing a dress but not with a low sandal and that I would be wearing a sandal with a high heel. She usally talks about Maria in a third party and tells me that Maria would enjoy attention and like to tease a little and probably get a little thrill of having men trying to look up her dress. Wow I wasn't expecting that but she probably was close, I don't know about the teasing part but I believe I could consider being comfortable in a cute summer dress and flat sandals feeling pretty. What type of dresser would you consider yourself, shorts and capris of cute summer dresses.

VS Fan
07-24-2022, 09:07 AM
Definitely a sundress or some kind of peasant skirt with a tank top or fitted tshirt! And yeah flat sandals or at most a 1 inch heel

char GG
07-24-2022, 09:10 AM
Your wife does know you best. If she thinks you would be wearing cute summer dresses and high heeled sandals, she is probably right.

Depending on the activities, many women wear summer dresses for drinks and casual sitting around. But if they are active: bike riding, playing sports, hiking, then activewear is what they like. It's probably hard to say who would wear what unless the circumstance is spelled out.

By the way, most real women don't look forward to men peeking up their dresses, as your wife pointed out. That is why skorts were invented, lol!

alwayshave
07-24-2022, 09:30 AM
Maria, Interesting that your wife referenced you in the first person. I have several maxi dresses and no-heel sandals. Love them. Truthfully, I kind like dressing without hip pads when I wear dresses that don't cling.

kimdl93
07-24-2022, 09:35 AM
Interesting observations. I think a perceptive assessment of the role that dressing plays in your life and relationship.

I will add, I do enjoy sundresses, even a little above the knee in summer. I have some maxi dresses in my wardrobe as well and I think they are particularly fun to wear on summer evenings. It took me a while to realize that sleeveless dresses and tops are really OK for me. I have toned arms, and have been reassured by some of my GG friends that I don’t need to hide them. That opens up a broader and cooler array of options.

I would definitely not appreciate anyone who would even attempt to look up my dress or any other womans dress. Not appropriate. I’m sorry if that sounds prudish, but I guess I expect respectful behavior from myself and others.

Yesterday, I took a hike wearing a bra-top cami and jeans…should have opted for shorts because it was humid, and approaching 80 degrees. I did wear hip pads under my jeans and of course breast forms in the bra top. I need all the help I can get to present a convincingly female form.

Cheryl T
07-24-2022, 09:58 AM
A cute sundress and sandals would be my choice.
Walking along the beach, carrying my sandals with the wind blowing my skirt and hair. Yes, I know it sounds like a commercial, but a girl can dream.

Bea_
07-24-2022, 11:10 AM
Yeah, for an afternoon on a patio I vote for the sundress and probably some moderate wedge sandals.

NancyJ
07-24-2022, 11:29 AM
I would wear the sundress and sandals, for sure, and that IS what my Wife wears. And neither my Wife or I would consider a guy who wants to catch a glimpse of panty a perv — I think we would call that just being a guy. Nancy

Amelie
07-24-2022, 11:55 AM
Maria would enjoy attention and like to tease a little and probably get a little thrill of having men trying to look up her dress.

Your wife's statement above is possibly correct and not heard too much. Maybe if we take the "tease" part out but the rest could be true for quite a few cd/trans whatever. I was told years ago by a person close to me that I was dressing for the attention, a bit of exhibitionism. Of course I denied it but maybe part of it could be true. Maybe the way I dress is a way to exhibit who I am. Maybe I was seeking the attention, in a way who doesn't want a bit of attention. Your wife made a good point there.

To answer your post. In summer I wear hiking shoes, blue jean shorts maybe with short tights or short leggings extending past the hem of the shorts to my knees. Sometimes if the bugs are real bad outside I wear leggings without the shorts. In the garden I wear a sort of army boot shoe, same shorts or leggings.

docrobbysherry
07-24-2022, 12:12 PM
It's always fun to play, "What if", games, Maria.:battingeyelashes:

But, if Maria were a cis female? Her life experience would be so different than the Maria who is simply your female alter ego, that u could NEVER imagine in a million years what she would actually wear or why!:heehee:

Kris Burton
07-24-2022, 01:49 PM
I've always liked the sundress/flat sandals look - on others! I've tried, just doesn't look right on me. Something about my body shape I think maximizes the MIAD effect. So I'm going with the minority opinion of capris or shorts with a sleeveless top, with wedge sandals or low tennis sneakers for more active use or walking about.I have not tried skorts, but that sounds like an inviting option. And although it can get hot, I've got to have my hip pads to combat my snake hips. As essential as breast forms for me.

Jenn A116
07-24-2022, 02:05 PM
I love playing the game of "what would you wear in this setting"? I've amassed quite a closet of clothes for Jenn, almost all of which are casual but some bordering on dressy. I sometimes decide the dressing theme for the day should be "office worker", "tourist", "Homemaker", "grocery shopping", etc. I then put together the outfit that I think would be appropriate for a GG to be wearing in those cases.

countrygirl
07-24-2022, 02:08 PM
How I describe the type of style is a great grandma who is from the 1940s style.

Fiona_44
07-24-2022, 05:23 PM
I would definitely prefer the sundress & sandals over anything else. A sleeveless one that ends a few inches above the knee would be perfect.

Kitty Sue
07-24-2022, 05:35 PM
Perhaps for a date or special event I would wear a sun dress and sandals or heels. Most days it would be shorts and a t-shirt I think with flip flops and medium hoop earrings.

Heather76
07-24-2022, 05:39 PM
I believe I'd prefer the summer dress and flat sandals. Considering the only femme outer wear I have is dresses, that may be why. However, I am about to order a V neck tunic blouse and white jeans. I believe they will go great with my white sandals. Nonetheless, a light breeze blowing up under a dress/skirt feels great.

Connie D50
07-25-2022, 06:06 AM
Maria

This comment I agree 100% "Of course I was watching all the women wearing those pretty summer dresses and told my wife how lucky woman are to have all that selection." Just this weekend my wife was getting ready for a summer event, was trying on five differant sundresses. She only ask my opion which looks best as i sit there going over in my head which dress of mine i would love to wear. One of these days has she tries on her dresses I'm going to try on mine (in my dreams).

Connie

SaraLin
07-25-2022, 06:17 AM
she asked me if Maria was a real women how would she had dressed to do what we were doing?

I'm going to try to take on this question as if MY wife had asked me.

In all truth, I think that if I were somehow a real woman, I'd probably be dressed pretty casually - maybe a sun dress, maybe shorts with a nice top.
In day to day life, I'd probably be dressed in shorts or slacks and I'd save dresses for date nights or other "dressy" events.

But I'm not a real woman. If I want to look the part, I need all the help I can get. So if I were given (as Sara) the opportunity to be sitting on a patio by the boardwalk and sharing a couple drinks with my loved one, it'd definitely have to be a (sun)dress for me.

SherriePall
07-25-2022, 09:48 AM
I would select a nice sundress around knee high. As for footwear, I think I would wear a pair of strappy-type wedges.

Stephanie47
07-25-2022, 10:49 AM
Definitely a summer dress. I only wear dresses. No pants. I do understand your wife's preference for the reasons stated. However, when the heat wave blows in my wife gets her summer dresses out of the closet. Off comes the bra...at home. In general, clothing that conforms to the body becomes uncomfortable. Her hair goes up off her neck. You can flip the question around and ask what she would wear in a cold wave of below freezing temperatures. In the 1970's my wife had to wear dresses or skirts at her office job. That did not play well while she waited for the elevated train in Queens; a lot cursing and swearing going on.

April Rose
07-25-2022, 10:59 AM
The real life heat and humidity this week has had me in short Tank dresses or shorts and sleeveless tops at home. I've worn t least one of the shorts outfits out into the real world.

Rachael Fernandez
07-25-2022, 06:54 PM
I would definitely be a dress, or skirt and top girl with sandals. The cooler days would see stockings and a cardigan added for warmth.

Krisi
07-26-2022, 06:38 AM
It's fun to speculate, but I don't think any of us can realistically say what we would do if we were an actual woman. We don't have the lifetime of experience as a woman that an actual woman has.

caroliina
07-26-2022, 09:41 PM
summer dress for sure

Karren H
07-28-2022, 02:37 PM
Neither. More into dresses that cover my big ass, unfeminine shoulders! Sigh!

BrendaPDX
07-28-2022, 05:15 PM
Sundress and sandals or sneakers for me.

Vickie_CDTV
07-28-2022, 06:46 PM
If you wear a maxi dress (or maybe even a midi), you don't need to worry about how you sit, and it is extremely unlikely anyone would/could ever see up there.

Geena75
07-28-2022, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure they meet the definition of "summer dress," much less "sun dress," but I have two light weight shortish dress I love wearing in the summer (as in my gallery post "When you want more" from 7/17). I always wear some sort of hose, so I like flats or tennis shoes rather than sandals. They don't show off any curves (real or manufactured) but are very comfortable and fun.