PDA

View Full Version : What is the Minimum Amount of Clothing Needed 4 U 2 Consider Yourself Crossdressed?

Patience
07-24-2022, 09:18 PM
I mean, being underdressed only takes bra and panties, but then you're not really crossdressing, right? So how many extra bits do you need to add?

For me, a fem top and a skirt. If I want to go the extra step, some jewelry and accessories. Padding optional.

Crissy 107
07-24-2022, 09:40 PM
I was not aware of any minimum amount of clothing needed to be considered a crossdresser, either wearing or owning.
Is this a case of whoever dies with the most amount of female items wins?

Alyssa Lane
07-24-2022, 09:51 PM
Bottom top and boobs.

MonicaPVD
07-24-2022, 10:23 PM
Underdressing is crossdressing. Period.

Bea_
07-24-2022, 11:03 PM
I vote zero. A person could consider themselves a crossdresser if the desire/need existed solely in their mind. I considered myself to be a crossdresser even while only occasionally experimenting with my wife?s wardrobe.

RoxieChristine
07-24-2022, 11:17 PM
I think a lot depends on the person and each person has their own answer to that. I think more in terms of dressed/fully dressed. I can under dress to make myself feel better, but for me fully dressed is being a woman, so forms, wig, undergarments, and full clothing and makeup. As has been discussed, there are many who feel just wearing the dress is enough, and that is fine for them. I personally wouldn't do that as I want to actually identify as a woman.

Roxie

Heather76
07-24-2022, 11:23 PM
I crossdress every day if only because I ALWAYS wear lace panties. I do really feel more crossdressed when also wearing nylons and/or a bra and forms which I do every evening. But, at minimum, just wearing panties lets me know I have the feminine side I enjoy.

Patience
07-25-2022, 12:05 AM
I was not aware of any minimum amount of clothing needed to be considered a crossdresser, either wearing or owning.
Is this a case of whoever dies with the most amount of female items wins?
Thank you, but I fear you may have misunderstood.

I never said anything about clothing ownership. I am asking about the amout of clothing one is wearing at any given time. I expect this may vary from person to person, which is why I thought it might be an interesting question.

Underdressing is crossdressing. Period.

Ok, so for you, nothing else is needed. Thank you.

But where do you put your wallet and keys when you go out? In your bra?

I vote zero. Again, fair assessmenr. Thank you.
A person could consider themselves a crossdresser if the desire/need existed solely in their mind. So, to be clear, to borrow an old phrase, it's the thought that counts? You see no distinction between thought and act?

I considered myself to be a crossdresser even while only occasionally experimenting with my wife?s wardrobe. Again, my question is not about how much one owns. It's about the least amount one likes to have on oneself.

Thank you for your replies.

docrobbysherry
07-25-2022, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure, Patience. But, in my case one item does it all!:daydreaming:

My female suit visually turns me into a complete woman!:battingeyelashes:

I'm not allowed to post nude photos. So, imagine me without the clothing!:o

alwayshave
07-25-2022, 05:36 AM
Patience, crossdressing is what ever the individual doing it thinks it is. If its just panties or painted toe nails under your socks, that's crossdressing if you want it to be.

Karren H
07-25-2022, 07:05 AM
If I were writing the rules, the number of items should include at least one skirt and a dress! Womens jeans should not be allowed! Lol.

kimdl93
07-25-2022, 07:08 AM
One should focus on intent. If you intend to put on a womans garment but accidently wear a male garment, you are still a cross dresser, due to your intent.

ShelbyDawn
07-25-2022, 09:38 AM
The way I read the OP's question, this is not about whether or not you consider your self a crossdresser, we're all here, so we probably fill that bill.
This is rather about what level of dressing you consider being cross dressed.

I will always BE a crossdresser regardless of what I'm wearing, evening gown, garter and stockings, heels, full makeup, and wig, or naked just out of the shower.

A crossdresser is just who I am.

Now being cross-dressed, I'd have to agree with a few others, panties is all it takes and I wear them every day.

Cheryl T
07-25-2022, 09:47 AM
The handbook specifies no minimum.
By definition if you are wearing any clothing of the opposite sex you are crossdressed. How far you travel is up to you.

CharlotteCD
07-25-2022, 10:06 AM
Wig, makeup, underwear and shapewear.

What I wear from a top/bottoms/shoes perspective isn't that important, because females can wear male clothing no issue.

Once I have shapewear and my face/hair set, I am femme.

Jenn A116
07-25-2022, 10:15 AM
Like Alyssia above, bottom, top and boobs. Perhaps add a wig & shoes.

Stephanie47
07-25-2022, 11:10 AM
I make a distinction between the noun, cross dresser, and, the verb, cross dressing. IMHO, there has to be some mindset consideration given. A guy wearing a feminine panty for comfort or sexual excitement (fetish) with no desire to be or emulate a woman may be cross dressing, but I wouldn't consider him a cross dresser. If a person is considered an alcoholic even if sober for years and years, wouldn't a man who suppresses his feminine desires for years and years still be a cross dresser? Sometimes the mental need is suppressed to the extent there is only the opportunity for a cross dresser to only wear a panty. However, his mind is still geared to being a cross dresser.

AmeeJo
07-25-2022, 11:35 AM
The handbook specifies no minimum.

Wait, what? There's a handbook? :jumping:

krissy
07-25-2022, 01:38 PM
A bra and boobs and that's number one but anything soft and sexy will do

April Rose
07-25-2022, 01:38 PM
I am a crossdresser whether I own clothes or not. It's an identity not a wardrobe.

Crissy 107
07-25-2022, 01:58 PM
Wait, what? There's a handbook? :jumping:

AmeeJo, Don?t worry, you are already beyond the handbook stage. You are firmly in the club!

Davina2833
07-25-2022, 02:20 PM
Crissy,

How did you get the toe nail polish to match the color on your flip flop?

It looks fanastic BTW.

Davina

Debbie Denier
07-25-2022, 03:14 PM
It is what it is until it isn?t.It doesn?t matter. Maximum or minimum there are many different levels . It is still cross dressing whether the full hit or just panties or nylons.

Michala
07-25-2022, 03:38 PM
It's pretty common knowledge that Karen does not approve of jeans for women't wear. I've been to enough rodeos to know there are some fine looking women wearing tight-fitting jeans.

Joanne108
07-25-2022, 03:42 PM
Now it has to be a complete outfit full makeup, heels and a wig. Years ago just wearing a bra with home made forms was good!

Geena75
07-25-2022, 08:37 PM
I understand the concept that if I wear ANY item of clothing for women, I'm cross-dressed. My underdressing can range from panties (most nights) to leotard and tights (cool mornings on days off). For me to really feel dressed, though, I require hose, shoes, bra w/padding(forms), dress or skirt, wig.

Sarasota Gurl
07-26-2022, 06:24 AM
I don?t consider what you wear as crossdressing. I wear what makes me feel like who I am, and on the broad spectrum of where I happen to fall that day, I just consider myself dressed for that day.
Clothes don?t have an actual gender, only a perceived gender stereotype. I?ve worn nail polish on my toes 24/7 for 20 years. Some would consider that as female, but I consider it just who I am. :)

Kris Burton
07-26-2022, 07:02 AM
Although I often dress partially, I never feel fully crossdressed until I don the wig. Everything before that is kind of like foreplay.

OrdinaryAverageGuy
07-26-2022, 10:27 AM
I go to the sports bar wearing women's jeans and underwear, sometimes in a woman's shirt, sometimes with women's socks or women's shoes, but it all looks "normal" and no one thinks I'm wearing women's clothes. So am I crossdressing then?

I went to work today wearing men's gym shorts and shoes, women's socks, women's thong, and women's tank top. No one knew there was anything weird about my outfit. Was I crossdressing?

Rachael Fernandez
07-26-2022, 07:20 PM
I do not feel I am crossdressing when I am only underdressed in panty, stockings and bra. I must shed my male outerwear and complete my outfit with a dress or skirt and top, makeup and wig. Finally I may be crossdressed, but I feel natural and free. Sadly though I can rarely relax; I am now on the lookout for unexpected visitors and I cannot enjoy the freedom I crave as Rachael.

Jade P
07-27-2022, 06:55 AM
Pantyhose under pants or Painties under shorts is the minimum and what I do every day.

sometimes_miss
07-27-2022, 03:28 PM
The way I read the OP's question, this is not about whether or not you consider your self a crossdresser, we're all here, so we probably fill that bill. This is rather about what level of dressing you consider being cross dressed. <snip>

^this.

Although I often dress partially, I never feel fully crossdressed until I don the wig. Everything before that is kind of like foreplay.
Having a great imagination, when getting dressed in my girl clothes, I get into my mind that I have already done up my long-ish hair into a 'high pony', and that is why I don't see or feel it on my neck/shoulders. At other times, if I feel that it's necessary for me to see and feel it, so the long wig becomes a must.

Clothes don't have an actual gender, only a perceived gender stereotype.
True, but just the knowledge that what I'm wearing was designed with the female figure in mind, is all it takes for me most of the time. For example, a woman's tank top doesn't always look any different from what a man would wear, but just knowing that it's 'a woman's tank top', helps to make it feel normal to me.

Katherine L.
07-30-2022, 10:00 AM
I typically wear just a bra, but still consider myself crossdressed.

JennyMay
07-30-2022, 10:27 AM
It depends on the situation.

Richelle423
07-31-2022, 10:33 AM
I think back in the Stonewall era it was 3 or more articles of clothing to be cross dressed.

Camille58
08-01-2022, 05:18 PM
Today I took care of a lot of yard work. It is hot here in Illinois, so I thought that I would be more comfortable wearing mens underwear while I was working outside. I was not only less comfortable in them, but I just didn't feel right! When I was done, I took a shower and put on my usual Vanity Fair panties. Instantly I felt not only more comfortable physically, but also more comfortable emotionally! So, I guess panties are all I need to connect with the crossdresser in me.

marieclaire
08-02-2022, 10:48 AM
Bra, panties and pantyhose - even under man clothes!

Alice Dore
08-02-2022, 11:49 AM
For me i call it 'girl mode' and it is whatever I want to wear, in hot days can be panties only. As long as there is NOTHING on me that a man side of me could wear (for example beard also counts - I feel generally bad when I have more than days worth of beard, same goes for body hair on legs, arms, stomach)

Lacy PJs
08-02-2022, 02:53 PM
That would sort of depend on what one was wearing. A nightgown or say a one-piece bathing suit is pretty much a complete outfit but it's only one piece.

Lacy PJs

Genifer Teal
08-03-2022, 09:00 AM
As my 2 sides continue to merge, the line between them has blurred. The clothes don't change who I am. I'd say my forms remove any doubt.

Pumped
08-03-2022, 05:09 PM
I often cross dress in the evening in nothing more than forms, bra, tank top, and panties.

MarinaTwelve200
08-03-2022, 05:24 PM
One swim suit.---Simple enough.

CDMargret
08-04-2022, 07:09 AM
Hmmm.... I have never thought of myself cross dressed. I know what I am doing is called cross dressing. But I never feel cross dressed. I am just wearing clothing that was generally made for a woman to wear. If you only wear silky panties are you a cross dresser or lover of smooth silky tight underwear? I love clothing made for women for the textures, colors and styles. Men stuff drab.

I love the forums as it creates deep thoughts for me about this so called "pink fog world" or mind set. So to try and answer the question I would say when you start to change your male appearance to resemble a female appearance then you are cross dressed. That may only be wearing a bra with forms under your dad T-shirt and jeans with sneakers. But I would say that is changing your appearance.

NancySue
08-04-2022, 09:37 AM
IMO, whether it?s one piece of female clothing or more, it?s crossdressing. It varies from day to day, depending on the pink fog, circumstances, etc. panties, every day, hose and bra most days.

Aunt Kelly
08-04-2022, 04:06 PM
Putting on my Master Pedant hat...
If you're wearing an item of clothing typically worn by the opposite gender, you're cross dressing. Maybe partial, maybe under, but still cross-dressing. My question is, unless you're looking to dodge the label, who cares?

Bea_
08-04-2022, 09:37 PM
The first time around, I missed the intent of the OP. I commented about being a "crossdresser" and not "crossdressed". For me, as soon as I step out of drab mode, I am crossdressed, which means panties. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy being dressed in other items, but it's definitely a boundary I cross when my first foot goes through the leg of my chosen panties for the day. It's a small but significant distinction for me.