PDA

View Full Version : She doesn't approve

gennee
04-10-2006, 02:56 PM
I had a chance to tell my spouse about my dressing. I told that I wear blue flats and a skirt and top. I was able to explain a little more about crossdressing. She says that she doesn't approve but that that's me- meaning that it's what I want to do. I will be giving her some materials to read. perhaps I'll have to take her to support group meeting. It's going to take time, I know, but I have no intentions of stopping. It will not interfere with other things in my life because it's something that I do in private. I'm glad that I told her a few weeks ago and I don't regret doing so. The toughest part is convincing her that I'm not gay and that I have no intentions of transitioning. I'll just have to keep wroking at it.

Gennee

Danielle
04-10-2006, 03:04 PM
I thought alone wearing females clothing was just that but as I have learned is more than that because sometimes theirs other people involved but as for your SO I hope everything goes well and that she comes to accept you..It's not easy to tell someone and you have passed that stage..CONGRATS GIRL keep us posted see ya:wave:

RenaCD
04-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Gennee It sound like you did the best you could and the right thing now all you can do is let Time work it's magic and hope that she comes around. And we are always here for you Sis the Troops in Panty's&Heels.:D

Good Gonin Rena

Joy Carter
04-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Gennee so glad you have shared you little story with us we all have to face or have faced it at some time or another, You know we are here or you and your SO as well try and get her involved here so she has a one one perspective on it.

A Big Hug Joy Carter

ChrissyGG
04-10-2006, 03:34 PM
I applaud you for letting her know about crossdressing. As someone said previously give her time start things slow. Best of luck to you! She sounds like a great woman!

talkwithmelissa
04-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Good to hear you had the courage to open up to her. She deserves to know as she is your partner. If you can't tell her who can you tell? It sounds like we are having a similar experience together. Just take it slow and use this forum for support. You can talk with me if you ever need someone to talk to. As far as going to a meeting, there are several near or in NY. I recommend Tri-ess in N.Jersey. They get a negative reputation for being somewhat strict about having only heterosexuals at their monthly meetings, but if your wife is uncertain about you then it is one of the safest places to take her at first. They changed their policy but try to keep the meetings vanilla. CDI in NYC is also a great group of girls where you can have lots of fun with your spouse. They meet weekly in an apt. for dinner then sometimes go out afterwards. I heard of Fem Fever in Long Island but have never been there. Good luck.

Emily Ann Brown
04-10-2006, 03:43 PM
You did way better than I did dear. Way to go !

Emily Ann

Julie Avery
04-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Gennee, I think you did the right thing, and it sounds like it's going to be OK. Don't be shy to share the ups and downs, I know a lot of us are very interested.

Janelle Young
04-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi Gennee

Congratulations on having the courage and strength to tell your wife. I know it was not an easy thing to do. Perhaps now is the time to turn on some extra romance and show your wife that she means the world to you, not to say that one should not do that all of the time anyway. I hope she can understand and be supportive with time.

Janelle

CaptLex
04-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Gennee:

I know how hard it was for you to come out to your wife. As you say, it's going to take time. It's also going to take some information since she's probably uninformed on the subject. Hopefully, she'll come around. Either way, we're here for you.

:hugs:

gennee
04-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Thank you for your replies. I will take your advice to heart. I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Gennee

kittypw GG
04-11-2006, 04:53 PM
All of us gg's would be glad to include her into our fold. It helped me a lot to know that really smart and regular women are accepting of crossdressing. I did not feel so weird or abnormal. Good luck Kitty

Tamara Croft
04-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Lot's of women don't approve and lot's don't get over it either. But, you are on the right track, getting her some information and talking to her slowly about it. Like Kitty has said, she's very welcome to join our group for support if she ever needs it. Keep us up to date :hugs: