PDA

View Full Version : look like my mother

carol ann
04-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Looking at my photos and those of my mother when she was of a similer age, I find it quite disturbing as to how much similarity there is in facial features and build. At 5'7" 9 without heels)she was reasonably tall whilst I am 5'11" but otherwise there is little doubt we would be taken as being from the same family. In my male personna there seems little likeness.

Do other members notice similarities with other family members when 'enfemme'

Lisa Marie
04-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes i've noticed a resemblance when I dress. I notice I have my grandma's smile and I also noticed I favor a few of my Aunts.

JeanneF
04-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Yes, I definitely bear a striking resemblance to the women on my dad's side of the family. I'm almost a dead ringer for one of my Aunts when she was my age.

RenaCD
04-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Yes, Sage and I were just talking about this yesterday and I look a lot like my sister when she was younger.
However she grew Fat and turned Blonde will that happen to me??

Got Too Love Family Rena

Caitlintgsd
04-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I look like my seester. But I have my mother's nose (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not though).

Wenda
04-10-2006, 07:10 PM
My daughter says her older brother bears a remarkable resemblance to their mother when dressed (she would be horrified). Photos i emailed to her of me at Bras with Bling, which she showed to friends, received comments that they could tell we were related.

sky0629
04-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Oh yea, i'm a twin i seen pic of my mother when she was a teen and on. i look at my teen pic's and we are alike in a hundred ways. only problem is i broke my nose it's a little large and her's is small, same smile, eye's and i have manly features in my cheeks. i'm glad though never wanted to my dad.

Lilith Moon
04-11-2006, 07:28 AM
I was adopted and, for many years, it was not possible to trace biological parents here in the UK. However, the law was eventually changed and I did "the search". Unfortunately, my birth mother was dead by the time I traced by birth family. She had died just a year before I made contact and I'm told that some of her last thoughts were about the son that she had been forced to give away.

Anyway, my new found sisters were gobsmacked when they met me. I look just like my mother, even in drab. My shoulder length hair must help, I guess. Also, one of my sisters looks like my twin..she isn't but the resemblance is amazing. But there's more....my gestures, mannerisms and walk all resemble the mother I never knew. It seems that we owe more to our genes than we realize...

Wombat
04-11-2006, 07:36 AM
My little princess (5) is the spitting image of her big brother, her Dad, her grandpa, and she is soooo girly it's fantastic.

Of course you look like your mum when dressed. Don't you remember your Dad or your uncle sitting you down when you were a teenager and advising you to never marry a woman until you've looked at her mother? Because that's what she's going to wind up looking like?

Family images go through the whole family, male and female. If you look like your Mum, lap it up and luv it.

Dammit, I have to find some way of getting pics of my Mum at my age to see how I compare

Wombat

LindaTS
04-11-2006, 08:35 AM
If it wasn't for the fact my mother was only about 5' and me being 5'5" I think I could have passed for her. It's almost scary how close alike we look.

Lindahexi
04-11-2006, 08:59 AM
What a coincidence, I was going to ask the same question. I noticed only yesterday just how much I look like my mother. I was looking through some photos and suddenly noticed an uncanny resemblance, never gave it a thought until then.

JoAnnDallas
04-11-2006, 09:16 AM
My wife, sister, mother, and I were going thru my mothers stuff, trying to determine what to put in the yard sale. We came across a bunch of old pictures taken in the 50's and 60's. As I was looking at them, I noticed one that kinda shocked me. It was a picture of a older cosusion and it was like looking at the mirror when I am all dressed up. I could not remember who she was and asked my sister and mother who she was. They told me who it was and a little history of her. I asked if I could keep it. They were a little puzzeled but mother said sure take it.

Ellie
04-11-2006, 10:57 AM
I've noticed a bit of my Grandma showing through when I'm all made up.

I used to watch her take a full two hours to "put on her face" each morning while I was growing up.

I also caught myself doing some of the same motions when I put on make up.

When I catch a glimpse of me in a mirror sometimes I think, "That's my sister? what the heck is she doing in Cali?".

hehehehe