PDA

View Full Version : Having fun at Thrift Store

Lisa Marie
04-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Usually when I go into the thrift store they never have anything I like. But last week they had all kinds of sweaters that I went crazy over bought 3 of them for 9 bucks. Just wish they get some pretty dresses my size. Ladies hows your luck going when you go to Goodwill or the Thrift Store? Do they have lots of stuff that you like?

Sherlyn
04-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Most of my wardrobe :) I always seem to luck out !!!!

Butterfly Bill
04-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Quite possibly a majority of my wardrobe (greater than 50%) comes from thrift stores.

Joy Carter
04-10-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't think I will find much in a 2x tall do you. Maybe in the AMAZON forrest GEE !:joke:

michelleD
04-10-2006, 06:26 PM
I've had great luck at a thrift store. One locations is all volunteer so if I help out I have first pick at new items arriving. Spring time is here and lots of new merchandise just arrived, good selection right now.;)

Julie Avery
04-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Ahhhh, thrift stores! The secret to guilt-free wardrobe additions :)

Lawren
04-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Goodwill is my favorite place to shop but more often than not I cannot find any dresses I like in my size. They do, however, almost always have a great selection of tops and skirts. On the other hand, there are four Goodwill stores within easy driving distance of my home.

Women buy so many clothes, wear them once or twice, then donate them to thrift stores. Well, if they don't want to wear them, I will. :cheeky:

Caroline Simmons
04-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Ah Thrift stores. ? I Guess thats the same as our chairty shops in the UK... Then yeah i buy l clothes from them lots of bargains too

Caroline xx

christine55
04-10-2006, 08:23 PM
I go fairly often. Sometimes I do great, sometimes I cant find anything. Of course it is the same with regular stores. Have to check carefully for lost buttons, small stains or tears etc. I like classic looks so there is usually something I like.
Hugs, Christine

Paula Jaye
04-10-2006, 08:49 PM
I have bought so much stuff from Charity Shops in the UK. Prices are usually dirt cheap and there are many bargains to be had. I used to work in one of the most affluent areas of the UK and the charity shops there had lots of top quality stuff that had seen very little wear. A few of the shops are getting wise and pulling out the top quality label stuff and charging higher prices for it. This is also true in the LP/CD, stamps and book areas as well. Gone are the days when a 60s LP in reasonable condition could be had for 50p.

michelle19845
04-10-2006, 10:12 PM
they have almost anything you'd want at the ones in my area.it's easier to shop there then at a regular store most of all cause it's older ladies working there that don't stare or question.

Diannna
04-10-2006, 11:14 PM
I've been traveling good will and thrift shops for probably 40 years or so. About once a month or so I travel them. I can usually come home with something. It's kinda a hit and miss treat though. Going through a whole rack of tops, seems like every time you find something really cute or pretty, it's the wrong size. But I love shopping there. I get to be into all the womens clothes for as long as I want. This one thrift store has a 50 % off on Sundays. I've gone in there and bought a whole shopping basket full of clothes and wind up only spending a fraction of what I thought I'd spent. And if some of the colthes are too tight or just doesn't look right, well, I didn't spend all that much, and I usually end up giving it back to them anyway. Although Sunday's are a time that I will spend $30.00 on gown that was maked $60.00, that probably originally sold for well over a $100.00 or so, and if it fits, I am a happy woman. Hehehe!

michellecd9999
04-10-2006, 11:14 PM
It's hit or miss. I have gone in and found nothing but junk. Then other times I have found some nice clothes or shoes at a real deal.
Shop, shop, shop... (doesn't mean buying)
Michelle

wendy
04-11-2006, 08:32 AM
I really enjoy going to thrift stores to buy clothing. I agree with the statements made, that selection is varied and can be limited at times, but the times you do find something, it is a gold mine, plus the prices can't be beat.

I've found a few adorable lingerie items there, one being a lovely long black slip (manufacturer escapes me at the moment). I paid $6 for it.:D

satinslip
04-11-2006, 09:11 AM
I just love browsing the really big thrift stores in the U.S. You go in with the lovely feeling that with so much to choose from you'll almost certainly come out with something you like. Even better, because of the prices, you have the excitement of knowing in advance that anything you see that turns you on, you can have, and there's virtually no limit to how much you can take: you can be as extravagant as you please. Just take a tape measure with you to check that that really sexy party dress in satin and lace is going to fit your lusting body.

I've often ended up with a trolley full of goodies - from delicious lingerie and nightwear through casual skirts, pants, tops and dresses, right up tailored suits, party outfits, club-wear, cocktail dresses, tea dresses, prom dresses and other formals, and even occasionally a gorgeous satin wedding gown.

It's great to go home with a huge haul, knowing that in the two or three girly dress-up sessions to follow you'll be enjoying, from just one day's shopping, perhaps more lovely clothes than the average genetic girl might buy in six months. Girlier than the girls, that's the feeling to aim for.

Bit of a storage problem, though!

Lawren
04-11-2006, 07:46 PM
There is a thrift store not too far from me that, on occasions when they are overstocked, they will have "dollar a bag sales". Fill a grocery bag and pay $1!!!! Ladies, I can put a lot of clothes into a grocery bag!!!!

trannie T
04-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Once in a while I'll find a great deal, but thrift stores are always fun. Where else can you find a dress and a used toaster for under ten bucks?

Ann lee
04-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I usualy have good luke with dresses and shirt at thrift stores but can never find jeans, and it sucks!!! but i'm i size 4 and thats easy but i have long legs and thats not.

Khriss
04-12-2006, 04:09 PM
I volunteered for a while to drive the donation pick up truck for a local Thrift Store . At the end of the day the manager allowed me to take home anything I wanted from the sorted dicard bins...and you can't believe the nice things I have..now,just for the price of dry-cleaning!

kittypw GG
04-12-2006, 04:21 PM
My husband and I love thrift stores. After all we have to constantly go back and re-buy his stuff after he dramatically purges :bonk: lol
No seriously we always find something for the both of us and often times we go into the dressing room together and try things on. Lots of fun!!! There is no better way to try out different styles in clothes or shoes when the price is so low. My very favorite dress cost me 3 dollars at the Good Will. Ya gotta love that :thumbsup: Kitty

Julie Avery
04-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Yep, for couples composed of a GG and a CD without unlimited means, thrift stores are like an amusement park. And it's enough to remind a CD that he's genetically male....because the GG would usually like to look around a little more, after the CD's found and fitted enough things to want to rush home and wear them....at least, that's how it works here.

I usually make it to between 3 and 5 items, and I'm itching to get done shopping :)

bobbie anne
04-12-2006, 04:59 PM
We have 4 in our city and I usually cruise them all about once per month. I just got a pleated skirt with the tags still on for $4.00. Wearing it right now. Bobbie

Sally24
04-12-2006, 08:47 PM
I love the thrift stores. I have a favorite in the Boston area when my wife and I are "out" on a weekend. I have trouble finding any nice tops there but dresses, wow! I have two gorgeous deep blue silk dresses that are to die for! I think that if you don't mind dry clean only materials, you're set. Seems alot of GGs get tired of sending them to the dry cleaners. I love silk and I can almost always find something nice in silk at the Salvation Army. This was the first place that I tried on items enfemme before buying.

It's usually a close race between my wife and I on who gets the most or the best bargains. I have an advantage in that she looks for items for me while she is shopping for herself. She's a peach!

CharlaineCadence
04-12-2006, 10:19 PM
half of my clothes come from their. dress, skirts ect. salvation army , savers, all fo mee

Melora
04-13-2006, 05:12 AM
I have found SOOO many awsome SWEATERS, blouses and dresses at thrift stores, AND many of them the best that I have. I Love thrift stores!:happy:

Trish
04-13-2006, 05:34 AM
Out of all my clothes, I have one dress and one skirt from a thrift store.