PDA

View Full Version : Ok, who did this?

Jennaie
04-10-2006, 08:49 PM
I was doing nothing, really. All of a sudden a new browser window opened and there I was looking at Ebay, under the catagory of "sissy dresses". How did this happen?

Here is the dress. Is someone trying to tell me something?

RenaCD
04-10-2006, 08:57 PM
I'll Take it wrap her up!!! I mine I mine! The Dress of coarse size 6 petite.
Are there matching shoes?

And don't forget the Hot pants!!:lol2:

TGMarla
04-10-2006, 09:00 PM
(Disembodied voice)

Jennaie?

This is God.

I want you to order this dress.

Do this for me, Jennaie.

You will be happy with it.

bredalee25
04-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Well it is a cute little dress i'd wear it if i were a size eight and had the figure to pull the look off

Dana
04-10-2006, 09:11 PM
LOL! :thumbsup:

Cherry Lynn
04-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Jennaie, I confess it was me just wanting to show off in my new dress. No really you would look good in that dress, much better than me.

Jennaie
04-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Girls, I am not joking, I was sitting her just reading my homework and my browser window opened and there I was, on ebay, in the 'sissy dresses" catagory.. now how did this happen? Can spyware do this? maybe my yahoo messenger? I don't know. But I do like the dress. "giggle"

Cherry Lynn
04-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Beats me how it happened but from your avatar you would be gorgeous in that dress.

ashlee chiffon
04-10-2006, 10:29 PM
girlfriend...there's no getting away from the power of positive thinking!!!
i hope the petticoats came with it! *the best part of the sissy dress!*

Phyliss
04-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Somebody get me a towel,....I just drooled all over my keyboard.

Nice, real nice. Only in my dreams could I wear that.

Angela Burke
04-11-2006, 03:40 AM
It's obvious.
You've been sleepwalking.
There is only one solution.
It is imperative you buy the dress (and a nice pair of white frilly panties of course) immediatly.
Your nighttime meanderings should then cease.

Joy Carter
04-11-2006, 03:51 AM
I search for many things on line and get alot of email on the subjects I look at the most but have never been spamed like that. Varacose veigns not a pretty sight would ruin the effect of the outfit sigh.

Lois82
04-11-2006, 04:14 AM
Well, hon I am not sure how it happened but love the outfit and who cares?? BTW, did you buy it? :cheeky:

Hugs,

Lois

Phyliss
04-11-2006, 05:30 AM
Couldn't resist taking a second look.

Now that I think about it, that dress reminds me of the St. Pauli Girl.

Yum.

Amanda Harriman
04-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Many free sites such as google and yahoo put contextual ads on side bars. For example if you read your yahoo mail or hotmail, there sometimes is a sidebar with ads that have to do with the text in your e-mails. If your e-mail is about a funny thing your cat did, there will be cat ads posted on the page- very clever.
This pop-up that you got may be the next generation of these targeted ads.

Lesson to be learned: close your browser before you walk away from the computer.

Lilith Moon
04-11-2006, 06:24 AM
Many free sites such as google and yahoo put contextual ads on side bars. For example if you read your yahoo mail or hotmail, there sometimes is a sidebar with ads that have to do with the text in your e-mails. If your e-mail is about a funny thing your cat did, there will be cat ads posted on the page- very clever.

I think this very site also does something like that. I've noticed the ads at top/bottom often seem relevant to topics I've recently posted on, or looked at.

BTW, great dress! If only.....

Sarah Rabbit
04-11-2006, 06:49 AM
Honestly, Sometimes you can not get a serious answer from this lot!!!

In the words of Nelson Muntz (The Simpsons) Ha, Ha :D

Hugs, Sarah R.:bunny:

Miriannah
04-11-2006, 08:22 AM
I can't help but notice, there's a lot of good dresses in ebay under that search criteria. *adds to the list*

Now for your answer, you probably clicked an ad on accident, I've done that before, pretty much everyone has.

ChristineRenee
04-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Why ask why...buy, buy, buy!!!:D

LoavesandFishes
04-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Is she one of us and really who cares I want the dress
Stormie

Georgette
04-11-2006, 09:08 AM
DANG it is too small for me. DANG,DANG,DANG where's my easy button:)

JoAnnDallas
04-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Many sites have a feature where they will send you emails about current offerings and such. Well ebay went a step further and has it setup to open up a window to a offering. Somewhere along the line you were visting a ebay store and clicked on a tab that activated this feature. Goto the ebay store and find the tab that will undo the setting.

sherri
04-11-2006, 09:36 AM
You can also block pop-ups in your browser settings, and some anti-spyware software blocks pop-ups.

BTW, your EBay window was probably benign, but pop-ups are a popular method of sneaking trojans and worms onto your computer. Never click anywhere in an unexpected pop-up window unless you know and trust the source 100%.

swiss_susan
04-11-2006, 09:45 AM
(Disembodied voice)

Jennaie?

This is God.

I want you to order this dress.

Do this for me, Jennaie.

You will be happy with it.

And you must post a picture in it too!

Teddie
04-11-2006, 10:15 AM
I was doing nothing, really. All of a sudden a new browser window opened and there I was looking at Ebay, under the catagory of "sissy dresses". How did this happen?

Here is the dress. Is someone trying to tell me something?

First of all I'll take one of the dresses.

Second, if you're using IE as your browser get rid of it, and go to Firefox, or, Avant, or something else. Then get some anti-spyware software, Spyware Doctor, AdAware, and Spyware Blaster. And, I mean all three. Do a Google search to find their home pages. Some will cost, some won't. But, you want all three.