PDA

View Full Version : Marriage And Being A MTF CD

Dana
04-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Over the last couple months, the subject of being a MTF CD, and being married has come up on more than a couple of times, (oftentimes in painfull ways for those initiating the thread ~ to which and for which I had much empathy! :( )

This forumn has helped me tremendously in getting my head wrapped around all of this and especially in the area of self acceptance.

Brina's recent thread ~ has been more than interesting ~ its been down right informative and educating. I'm glad to see some of the GG's post ~ becuase I was thinking that it was just my perception ~ and questioned that ~ of the situaton.

Being TG is an interesting thing ~ if you stop to think about it! Just about the time you've get it wrapped around your head, start accepting it as a fact of life, begin reconciling your life with it ~ and incorporating it into your life ~ you turn another stone and find yet another mystery and the answer to it is reveled to us! "Reality! What a concpet!" as Robin Williams would say.

Since I've been a member of this fourm, my perspective, my attitude has changed. I've grown, mentally, emotinally, pyschologically, and I guess I would dare say ~ spiritually in some ways.

For the better part of my life ~ I've been in self denial of it all ~ and have tried my very best to "live it down" all to no avail. I've now have come to a level of self aceptance to where I've accept the fact that this is a part of who and what I am as an indivdual ~ always have been and always will be.

I have also come to understand that there are always going to be people such as Brina who have zero tolerance and zero acceptance of this "lifestyle" that in their minds we've 'choosen'

Interstingly, (and this is subject fodder for another thread) how many of us choose to be TG? When did it happen? How did it happen ~ that we came to make this choice?

I now seriously question if its us TG's folk that are "screwed up" and "wrong"
I really don't think so! I think its societie's and our culture's intollerance of anything outside of the mainstream as to what is defined, and construed as normal? Whatever in the world "normal" is?

Western civilizatoin would have us all believe ~ via any number of mediums ~ that what is "normal" is something akin to "Leave It To Beaver" or "Father Knows Best"

When in truth, Wally was probally a punk, hanging out with a gang of thugs, conducting under-age drinking if not drugs, and have sex with any teenage girl he could persuade. Cleve was probally running around on the wife, and had a serious drinking problem. The wife was probally a closet drunk, and the Beaver was into who knows what?"

If you've got a good ~ hearted, loving, caring, sensitive, man who is empathic toward you, who has a good job with good pay and beneifits, who is a good provider, who doesn't lie, cheat nor run around on you, who is good to you and for you, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, who is a good provider, overall good husband to you ~ and father to your children (regardless of if they're your children or the children of another man) who doesn't drink, snort, gamble away the rent and / or grocery money each month..........................so what if he likes to wear women's clothing, jewelry, and makeup when noone else is around?

If he's pulling a 4.0 in any and all other areas of yours, his life ~ marriage, you don't can him just because he's not scoring it (according to your grading scale) in just one area! You don't throw out the baby with the bathwater!

Me? Just like anyone else I am much more than just the sum of anyone given part of me ~ I am the sum total of all that makes me ~ that makes me the unique individual that I am.

Women in America at least have gone through ~ (and are still going through it) the Women's Liberation movemet. There were wrongs ~ for sure and certain and things needed to change, laws needed to be amended~! Women needed to have the right to vote ~ the old divorce laws were entirely skewed in favor of men ~ no question about it! Well guess what? For the most part ~ you've won.

So much so, that many men are leary of even getting married again ~ ever! Nothing agiainst women, nothing against marriage ~ its just that you reach a certain point in your life to where you cannot just keep going through all that over, and over, and over again. You reach a certain age in your life to where you just cannot afford to keep going back to WalMart or whereever and keep buying the same stuff over and over again that you've already bought.

"Traditional ~ normal" women crack me up! That want a "real" man! A "normal" man, and if they came across a hetro CD, they would dismiss him out of hand to go running into the arms of traditional man ~ who drinks, lays out with his buddies, spends way to much time on the golf course, way too much time fishing, is way to obsessed with sports, NASCAR, whatever his passion is.

In closing, I'm just throwing random thoughts out here ~ yours as well as your opinions are welcomed.

TGMarla
04-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Good thoughts. I agree wholeheartedly! Except that bit about the golf course.....Sorry. I can't quite get my mind around that. :D

anonjulz
04-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Bravo!!!! :)

Sounds slightly like a convo my s/o and I had when we first discussed that he was a cd. He doesn't beat me, steal from me or treat me with disrespect. He loves me, cares for me and gives me the attention I need at whatever given moment. He rarely drinks, doesn't do drugs and doesn't spend friviously. He tells me he loves me every day, either verbally or in his actions. There are worse things in life than a man in a feminine wardrobe. Besides, he looks awfully good to me en femme or in drab!

Dana
04-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Good thoughts. I agree wholeheartedly! Except that bit about the golf course.....Sorry. I can't quite get my mind around that. :D

I've been told that golf is like sex! You don't have to be any good at it to enjoy it!

Dana
04-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Bravo!!!! :)

Sounds slightly like a convo my s/o and I had when we first discussed that he was a cd. He doesn't beat me, steal from me or treat me with disrespect. He loves me, cares for me and gives me the attention I need at whatever given moment. He rarely drinks, doesn't do drugs and doesn't spend friviously. He tells me he loves me every day, either verbally or in his actions. There are worse things in life than a man in a feminine wardrobe. Besides, he looks awfully good to me en femme or in drab!

No! Bravo for you! You've transcended the BS, the cultural, societial myths, fallacies, mis-concpetions. In him you've found a true friend, compaion, lover. And, in you ~ he has done the same.

And, I'm sure in my mind, that someone would rather attempt to give a Bob-Cat a dry shave with a rusty razor and an alcohol bath than mess with you or your children.

More than a few CD are former Marines, Sailors, Airmen, Soliders, Green Berets, Army Rangers, Marine Recon, SEALS, policemen, Highway Patrolmen, Firemen. We've got being macho, being masculine down pat! What we need help with is with being feminine? Getting in touch, allowing ourselves to experience, express feminnity!

Women do it and can do the reverse all day long! No problem! No one bats even an eye! Let a man do the reverse ~ and its Hell and Damnation!

Joy Carter
04-11-2006, 04:40 AM
Ditto's Anonjules and Dana I have found that many who will put you down about yourself have a much greater problem with them selves, So "With the grace of God there for go I".

Zelda Noe
04-11-2006, 05:02 AM
Hey...whadda got against NASCAR???

...is way to obsessed with sports, NASCAR, whatever his passion is...

Just kiddin...good posts...makes you think...and put things in a right perspective...my...aren't we so alike...yet so different.

Dandy:thumbsup:

Tiffy
04-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Good points and well made. I am just lucky I guess that my wife is a NASCAR freak since I never miss a race and have tickets to three events this season alone. But, I agree with you.

kisses, April Marie

Annaliese
04-11-2006, 02:19 PM
You make some good points, One think that bothered me about Brina's thread is that she dose not like to ware dresses and is a tom boy. Dose that make her a CD. Just a question.

Anna

Bev06 GG
04-11-2006, 02:34 PM
If you've got a good ~ hearted, loving, caring, sensitive, man who is empathic toward you, who has a good job with good pay and beneifits, who is a good provider, who doesn't lie, cheat nor run around on you, who is good to you and for you, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, who is a good provider, overall good husband to you ~ and father to your children (regardless of if they're your children or the children of another man) who doesn't drink, snort, gamble away the rent and / or grocery money each month..........................so what if he likes to wear women's clothing, jewelry, and makeup when noone else is around?

If he's pulling a 4.0 in any and all other areas of yours, his life ~ marriage, you don't can him just because he's not scoring it (according to your grading scale) in just one area! You don't throw out the baby with the bathwater!

I couldn't agree more Dana, and I couldn't have put it so eloquently either. That doesn't mean to say tho that I do not sympathise with women who are struggling to accept a crossdressing partner, I do know some who are, and I take my hat off to them because they are working very hard to try to understand and support their partners. But you are right, Society has an awful lot to answer for.
BEVxxxx

Bev06 GG
04-11-2006, 02:39 PM
You make some good points, One think that bothered me about Brina's thread is that she dose not like to ware dresses and is a tom boy. Dose that make her a CD. Just a question.

Anna
Hi Anna,
In answer to your question no it doesn't its just personal style. Of course if she puts stuff in her pants tomake her look like she has male genitals then thats another matter, but I shouldn't think from reading her post that she'd do anything like that.
BEVxxx

Kathycd
04-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Dana:

This is one of the most thought out well reasoned posts I have ever come across in all the years in this venue.

Well done and "thank you" for the sharing. This should be a must read post for all.

kathy

anonjulz
04-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Who said there was something wrong w/ NASCAR? I spend every weekend in front of the tube watching some sort of racing... NASCAR, NHRA... and quite a few weekends at drag tracks. :)