PDA

View Full Version : Its time

DeniseNJ
09-13-2022, 09:03 PM
I don't want to be a cross dresser no more. I wanna be a transwoman and live as one daily.
I'm so comfortable going out as a woman that I think I'm gonna take the 1st major surgery ste

Lana Mae
09-13-2022, 10:46 PM
Fine! We need more info! Single or married? Job concerns or retired? What is holding you back? Social transition is usually first! Dress every day for 3 or 4 months then reeval! Still want to be trans? Being a transwoman is a state of mind! Where are you at mentally and emotionally? How far do you want to go? Just a few thoughts off the top of my head! Best wishes! Hugs Lana Mae

Aunt Kelly
09-14-2022, 10:22 AM
Being trans is not a choice. We'd be interested to know how you came to know that you were trans?

DaniellaUK
09-15-2022, 01:49 PM
Being trans is not a choice. We'd be interested to know how you came to know that you were trans?

This feels like a really good reply. You replied something equally insightful to a thread I started months ago.

IamWren
09-16-2022, 03:58 PM
I don't want to be a cross dresser no more. I wanna be a transwoman and live as one daily.

Hi Denise…
So like Kelly said it isn’t really something one chooses. You either are or you are not trans. Typically a person will begin sessions with a therapist, one who is sensitive and/or knowledgable of gender issues.

Something our friend Jeri Ann told me a few years ago is sometimes small, incremental actions can be enough to help ease dysphoria to a manageable state like simply painting your toenails or getting your ears pierced. For others the actions required are a little more permanent, like getting facial hair removed, smaller surgeries like a nose job or eyebrow lift. Have considered or done something like facial hair removal? That might go a long way in helping you.

I would suggest with therapy sessions. That would be a good first step. Besides you’ll most likely need a letter from that person for any major surgeries like breast augmentation or facial feminization.

Jeninus
09-23-2022, 12:04 AM
Once you start down the path, it really gathers momentum. For me, it started with the decision I made with my spouse to transition. Then I started therapy and electrolysis. Then a name change and changing all my medical and financial records to match. My intention at that time was still not to have any surgery. Then I started HRT and soon scheduled breast augmentation. A year later I had SRS. The whole transition took only three years. Fortunately, my spouse supported me every step of the way. My story is typical and for many, the passage is only two years.