PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy?

Gemma Rhodes
04-11-2006, 08:18 AM
With your life as a CDer. I don't want anyone to say, no, I should have been born a girl etc etc but are YOU happy with YOUR life and personal situation and if not why? Do you want to get out more, would you like an understanding partner or is life just hunky dory for you now +?

Miriannah
04-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Right now, I'd say "content." The only reason I'm not "happy" just yet is because I'm still a closet case, and I still live in an area where things like "a guy in a dress" are rare sights.

wendy
04-11-2006, 08:38 AM
yes, overall I'd say I'm pretty pleased with my life as a CDer. However, like Miriannah, my area is also pretty 'closed minded' towards guys in female clothing, so because of that it restricts where I can go while dressed.

Daintre
04-11-2006, 08:44 AM
I would have to answer no, I am not happy. There are quite a few reasons for this feeling, I am constantly fighting my weight, I will always look like a man in a dress, and most important, I have no one to share " Jen" with. I do have a teenaged son who I found out recently has taken after his dad and is also a CD, but sharing with him is not the same as it would be with SO.

Jen

ChristineRenee
04-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Overall I would have to say yes...and that it is getting better all the time.:happy:

carol anne
04-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Hi All!
This is my first post. I am a cd living in the upper midwest and enjoy being with others. My biggest complaint is that so many cds in my area are reluctant to get out and enjoy the freedom we have to dress and enjoy it with others. Am I happy as a cd? Yes, very much so wishing only to find others to shop, dine and enjoy each other's company
carol anne

Marla S
04-11-2006, 09:19 AM
I'd have to say no.
Though I learned to love being a CD, there is to much hide and seek involved to speak of happy.

Tiffy
04-11-2006, 09:28 AM
I would say overall I am pretty happy. My weight and my family living to close are really the only twp things I am not thrilled about. But, the weight has always been here. And family two. The only other thing is i would like to go out in a skirt or dress and can not in the area I live. But, I am not willing to move to the city or anywhere but where I am so I just need to buy a new house in a different part of the state I am in. And my wife, I could never ask for a better person to share this all with. She is very understanding and likes me dressed more than she likes me in male form. But, sometimes she does not see the difference in my two sides. To her I think they are just one rolled together with change of clothes. Maybe she is the one that is right and that may be the way I need to see myself.

Kisses, April Marie

Amelie
04-11-2006, 09:30 AM
I am not rich, I don't own a car, I have no job, I have relied on men for my living..I live in a crime riden neighborhood. My family hates me(My parents are OK). I would rather feel the pain of being beaten than the loving touch of my partner. My boyfriend can be very abusive at times as have other guys in my past. Every so often I fall into depression, I have mental issues that I am trying to cope with.

But all in all, I am quite happy. It's sort of like the film "World according to Garp", where the plane crashes into the house and Robin Williams says he will still buy the house, he says " what are the odds of another plane crashing into the house". The same for me, what else could go wrong in my life, everything had already went wrong, there can't be anything worse than what I already lived through. So, I am very happy,,,very happy.

Kathycd
04-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes and no on happy. It would be heaven to come out to my wife and she be supportive, but that is not going to happen. The other things are in my control, like weight and so forth and am working hard on that.

Taking each day as it comes and meeting people on here, dressing when I can will suffice. One happy note, I have met a friend on the Forum whom is a fantastic person with whom I can talk to about anything at all. That is a wonderful feeling in it's own right. <smile>

kathy

Lisa Marie
04-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Yes I am happy to be a Cd. Just wish I had a mom who would be understanding about it. My weight also is a factor. I like the lady thats inside of me just wish I could bring her out more often.

HaleyPink2000
04-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Gemma:)

Yes mostly I am, I'd change a few things. But I'm working on those things.
One of those things is my Wife's exceptance of my Cross Dressing.

Hugz Sis!!!!

Kitty Sue
04-11-2006, 11:44 AM
I would say that I am happier now than I was 5 years ago. The more I learn about myself and the more I learn to accept who I am the happier I become.

It will be interesting to see the turn my life takes when I leave the military in a few months.

Overall I would have to say I am a "work in progress." Not happy but okay with who I am.

EricaCD
04-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Very happy indeed. If I am not the luckiest person living, then I am pretty damn close.

Julie Avery
04-11-2006, 03:25 PM
I've long believed that thinking "I want to be happy, am I happy yet?" is like thinking, on a sleepless night, "I've got to get to sleep now, I should have been asleep an hour ago, I'm going to be really tired tomorrow, am I asleep yet?"

I suspect that happiness is something that happens when you're thinking about and pursuing something else that is meaningful to you, even though at the time you might not think you're engaged in anything meaningful. It's best recognized in hindsight.

That said, I think I'll look back on these days as very happy days indeed. I'm glad I lived long enough to see them.

Bev06 GG
04-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Absolutley fandabydozey,
With most things anyhow. Wish my mum wasn't so poorly and I wish my dad was still around, but in general I love my life and my little trannie partner. Aren't I one of the lucky ones tho because I know there are others out there who aren't so fortunate.
Take care
BEVxxxxxx

Janelle Young
04-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I would say I am content with my life. I have come to terms with who I am and what I do and that has made me feel better about myself. So I am much happier with my life now than in the past.

If I had a SO (none in my life right now) that was accepting and supportive of me and my CDing then I would be truly happy. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say I am at a 7.5 right now. and I can live with that.

steffie39
04-11-2006, 04:35 PM
In terms of fully crossdressing, I've only been doing for 3 yrs and as for going out fully dressed, I've only been doing since last August. Before I crossdressed, all my life I used to think about doing it but I wasn't really depressed that I couldn't do it. Now that I can, I am a little more happy and content than before (at peace with myself). However, hopefully crossdressing will never get to a point where it rules me (i.e., tale wagging the dog). It's like any hobby: as long as you don't let it control you but just make it a healthy part of your life, said life will be that much more enjoyable. If it hasn't taken control of me by now after three years, then it never will. It's just a gift we get that we use to make our lives happier.

Steffie

Gemma Rhodes
04-11-2006, 04:35 PM
If I had a SO (none in my life right now) that was accepting and supportive of me and my CDing then I would be truly happy. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say I am at a 7.5 right now. and I can live with that.

Thats my thought exactly Janelle

Gemma xx

gennee
04-11-2006, 05:01 PM
I am happy and content. I enjoy crossdressing and I'm learning much about it on this forum. My spouse knows that I dress. Though she doesn't approve at the present time, I'm still content that I told her and with my dressing.

Gennee

maid phylis
04-11-2006, 05:07 PM
yes i am happy being a cder,but i wish i could go out more often.i dress and go out to cdi every wed night that i can but there are so many things going on in our community here in new york and i cant go to them all.so i guess i am happy that i can dress and go out to what i can and be gratefull that my wife is ok with me on that.love phylisanne:doll:

ronna
04-11-2006, 05:09 PM
The more I do it, the happier I get!
Except that it still is a secret and that part is very frustrating.
I told my mom about it and I don't think that made her happy, but she laughed anyway. Since I started doing this about 2 years ago, it has brought me more joy than anything I have done in the past.
Happy? Yeah

SherriePall
04-11-2006, 05:12 PM
I would have to say yes, most of the time. Can't be happy all of the time. I am content, too, since I believe I have come to grips with my other self.

Caitlintgsd
04-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Am I happy? No. I go out dressed 3, sometimes 4 nights a week and that isn't enough. If I don't get out I get really crabby and depressed.

Lilith Moon
04-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Happy?

No. She is giving me no emotional or physical space to crossdress and that depresses me...which means I don't give Her the attention she craves...which makes her resent my crossdressing...which depresses me....which....

...and so on...round and round...:(

JeanneF
04-11-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm fairly happy. I've pretty much at this point come to terms with who/what I am, and instead of fighting it an putting it in the closet (no pun intended), I've decided to embrace it and enjoy it. I'm slowly telling my friends, and building a better life for myself.

I'm sometimes bummed that I can't get out as much as I'd like to, that the scene in this city sucks but it's not feasible at the moment to relocate to a bigger city, I owe too much on my credit cards, and that I still can't get the guts to come out to my mom.

But other than that, I'm happy.

carolbitv
04-11-2006, 05:31 PM
hello to all, as for happy not really.the odd day very up for dressing. but most days not. my desire to dress is fading. just to much work most days. i fight depression also no close friends. internet yes but not to spend time with no.i live in mountians of Bc. to drive to Calgary or Vancouver about 6 hrs then the cost. try to keep busy with different projects. what one can do to be happy?

Jennaie
04-11-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm comfortable with my dressing most of the time. I would love to have not only an understanding partner but one who actually enjoys my dressing. I would love to get out more but that too, is a work in progress.

Joy Carter
04-11-2006, 06:32 PM
I have finally accepted who I am for that I am most happy but my SO is never going to accept me I do love her the most though.

livy_m_b
04-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Yesterday I was happy, today I'm not. Tomorrow I will be happy again...and so it goes....

Mary Jane
04-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I am fairly happy with my CDing. It would be a lot better if my wife were accepting but sometimes we just can not have everything the way we want it. I am pleased with the results I get from my dressing and very happy to be a CDer. I don't think I would have it any other way.

ReginaK
04-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Nope. Not really. I wish I could get out more and be less concerned about what people thought. And of course I wish I could look better.

Butterfly Bill
04-11-2006, 06:47 PM
The only other thing is i would like to go out in a skirt or dress and can not in the area I live. But, I am not willing to move to the city or anywhere but where I am so I just need to buy a new house in a different part of the state I am in.

Have you ever been to Asheville? I have to say that town is the champion for favorable reactions to me. Compliments on the street from total strangers. I even seriously considered moving there, but it turned out to be one of the most difficult places I've been to drive a car in.

Christina Nicole
04-11-2006, 06:47 PM
I am very happy. Several years ago, this crossdressing, transgender, transsexual thing was making me... crazy let's say. I lost perspective and it made me very unhappy. But now throught the Grace of God, I've gotten my priorities straight and things couldn't be better.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

... well, an accepting wife would make things better.

... well, a bigger boat would be nice, too. But my wife hit the ceiling when the dealer called with the half-millionish quote. I should have gotten to the phone first; I wasn't wearing heels, so I have no excuse. Live and learn.

... more closet space. Definately more closet space.

OK, things could be better, but overall, they are just peachy.
CN

Butterfly Bill
04-11-2006, 06:49 PM
And my life as a CD? Absolutely never been better, more than I had imagined possible.

Wombat
04-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Happy is what you make of yourself. Really. It is.

My life?
I'm a writer ... who is making no money, so we're broke. Really broke. But, I'm writing really good stuff and I'm getting personal rejections (not form letters) and requests for submissions. I'm not far off being published.
Two years after the seperation (and the automatic divorce after 12 mths - our system), the ex is continuing to redefine the term 'malicious' (my lawyer is impressed - seriously) and I have the choice of spending what little money I have to maintain contact with my little girl (I was the stay at home parent so I raised her) or turn my back and see her the bare minimum the law allows - full court trial near the end of the year ... perhaps. I could get rather upset about that, actually do at times, but at the moment, I'm managing to hang onto half time with her and she's an utter joy to have around. Then there's my son (13, first ex) who lives with me and I couldn't ask for a better kid.
Then there's my ability to make a mess of every boat building task I start ... but there's always more wood/paint/glue to have another go at it.
The depression looks like being a permanent fixture, but I do get my daily 'lolly' and the drug works well with me so that actually isn't an issue (except for the death of my libido dammit).

Cross dressing. Hmm. I'm in a 'quiet' period at the moment. But that's okay, it happens. My gf is freaked a bit by the whole deal and it's a 'no go' area, but we communicate well and she has initiated conversations about it so there's the hope that one day she'll be more accepting, but even if she's not, I am allowed to dress, just not to confront her with it. As for the dressing itself - I've got the family 'bump', have to stay hairy, couldn't pass in a pink fit these days (though I have in the past), desperately need new forms and a new wig but ... I work from home and can dress, if not at will, frequently and I long ago learned to dress only when I really wanted to and if I don't want to, well, that's not a problem either. Just being able to dream about it is often enough.

So, am I happy?
You bet.
My kids adore me and I them.
My lady adores me and I her.
I'm doing what I love.
Makes the choice rather easy actually, and that's what happiness is about, a choice.

Wombat

Diannna
04-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Actually I'm quite happy with what and who I am. I enjoy the fact that I crossdress. I also enjoy the fact that I am a guy. I enjoy doing what I do as a guy and in guy mode. But I also like what I do when in girl mode. If there were a pill to take away the girl in me, I wouldn't take it. I am my g/f's fellow and also her best g/f. She has it both and enjoys it, just as I do. When I'm a girl, I'm a girl, and when I'm a man, I'm a man, except that I wear panties in male mode, Hehehe!

michelle19845
04-11-2006, 10:09 PM
thanks to this forum i understand myself more and feel that i know more about myself and feel i could use someone to share this with,but i don't so it kind of stays bottled up and i have the urge to let it out.so,for the monst part i am happy,but there are bits that make me a little stressed about it.

michelle19845

Karren H
04-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Extremely happy!!! Would love more time to dress but te way it is now is great. Kind of the best of both genders!!! At my disposal when and where I want!!!

Love Karren

Wombat
04-11-2006, 10:19 PM
thanks to this forum i understand myself more and feel that i know more about myself and feel i could use someone to share this with,but i don't so it kind of stays bottled up and i have the urge to let it out.so,for the monst part i am happy,but there are bits that make me a little stressed about it. michelle19845

Nothing wrong with a bit of good old fashioned stress now and then. Chuck a wobbly, then slip into something really dreadfully sexy and sip a nice glass of red. Works for me.

Wombat

Teresa Amina
04-12-2006, 07:33 AM
fandabydozey

Ooooh! There's a word! Was looking for a different way to say "Very Happy".
Right now I think my life is coming together real well and I'm in a very Up mood. Teresa is still in a comfy closet but may Debut later in the year.
FANDABYDOZEY:D

Deborah
04-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Other then being a non-op TS :(
Yes i'm happy. I live with my 3 children and i go to college full time.
Can't get any better then that i suppose. Hopefully i'll find a great job after i'm done. :D

Deanna2
04-12-2006, 12:04 PM
I've got to say that I am estatic. I love my wife. She has 'known' about my dressing up for some time, but wasn't overly happy about it. Lately though I've been wearing skirts and high heels while she's around and I think (hope) she is getting used to the idea.

Ms. Donna
04-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Am I happy...

I'm at a point in my life where I have accepted who I am and what I am. In that respect, I'm happy - for the better part of my life I could not make that statement.

I have a good job - a career in fact. I am able to support my family myself so my wife can raise our daughters. I have a nice home, good neighborhood, great kids. How could I not be happy for this?

I have a loving wife who has put up with more crap because of me and my 'issues' than she signed on for. She should have kicked my ass to the curb a few times but saw something good in me when even I didn't. She has accepted me for who I am - more or less. I know it still bothers her at times and its tough to get a clear read on her feelings. I've not made things easy for her and she's stuck by me. For this I am happy as well.

The whole, however, is something less than the sum of it's parts. I suppose that overall - yeah, I'm happy. But 'happy' is such a vague and meaningless word. Perhaps the right word for the above is 'greatful'.

I suppose what is missing is a sense of fulfillment in my life. Being who and what I am at this place and time leaves a void in myself which I find impossible to explain - I simply don't have the words. I suspect I'll never find this 'missing' something - as I don't know what it is, how can I go about finding it?

Perhaps I think too deeply about all of this... :(

But - to the original question: Am I Happy?

Sure, why not.

----------

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

- H. P. Lovecraft -

Jodi Lynn
04-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Am I happy or not?????? That is a great question. I love dressing, it makes me feel so great. But for some reason I am having the gulit thing going on right now. Like tonight I had a great chance to get dressed, wife was out (still is), planned on getting dressed, started to in fact, but quit and went back to drab. Oh how I hate this when I get this way. I am not really sure why I stopped tonight, but I know I would of been happier if I had gotten dressed.

Rachel Morley
04-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I have to say that at this particular time in my life, I am the happiest I have ever been....and that's looking at my life in total. As far as my dressing goes, apart from perhaps a little bit more opportunity to dress, I think I've got it made. I've finally come to realize who I am and I'm not scared any more. I've accepted myself and my crossdressing as an intergral part of what makes me, me.

Kayla Smith
04-12-2006, 09:23 PM
For the most part yes I am happy:) , I have come to accept that I am a non-op TS and the best part is that I have a wife that is for the most part willing to accept me along with two very accepting and loving daughters.

Kieron Andrew
04-12-2006, 09:26 PM
i know this is in MTF BUT im a happy boy for the first time tonight i used the mens toilets and it felt right (a small step but it meant something to me)

Wombat
04-12-2006, 09:44 PM
i know this is in MTF BUT im a happy boy for the first time tonight i used the mens toilets and it felt right (a small step but it meant something to me)

Onya Kells :thumbsup:

Wombat

Rachel Morley
04-12-2006, 09:48 PM

:cool: Kells! You the Man!

Kieron Andrew
04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
:cool: Kells! You the Man!
really?? am i??? nah you gotta be thinking of someone else lol (looks around him)

barbie lanai
04-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Pretty happy, wife knows and supports/allows me to dress. Retired, so get to dress instead of work. Of course when the rain stops there seems to be lots of jobs outside for old grungies.

nikisbest
04-12-2006, 10:20 PM

I have to agree with someone else on this one. I think I have to say, maybe
not happy as can be, but very greatful.
Kells, you are an inspiration, I wish you would post over here more. I love to
see a guy enjoying life. Heres to you man, :thumbup:
Niki

bebe nylons
04-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Yes - for most part. Get to dress as often as l like and go out often dressed. Enjoy dressing, wearing make-up, nylons & heels most evenings. Have started wearing light make-up when out and about during the days on the weekend. Working on being more passable. Since l'm single & in my mid-50's would like to meet more single CD's in the Edmonton area to share some fun times. That would pretty much complete it for me. Hugs. Bebe.

Kieron Andrew
04-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Kells, you are an inspiration, I wish you would post over here more. I love to
see a guy enjoying life. Heres to you man, :thumbup:
Niki
i do post over here when relevent........but im too busy making sure my fellow boys are posting at times

Toni
04-13-2006, 03:54 AM
Am I happy - course I am.
Would I change anything - Nah.
My wife and I met and married in 19 days 40yrs ago and she has been nothing but loving and supportive of me and my "Hobby" ever since - what more would I want?

jill_4
04-13-2006, 04:20 AM
;) ;) ;) Hi Gemma,
The answer in my case to your question 'Are you happy' would have to be yes I am.Since meeting and chatting with other crossdressers through the web I at long last have a circle of friends I can empathize with.
Talking with others you realise you are not alone and that so many have had the same experiences as you.To have this site to express your views and share your problems is a great bonus,I wish I'd found it before.

So Gemma I would have to say in your words 'everything is hunky dory'.

Best Wishes Jill:gh:

ginafaye
04-13-2006, 07:16 AM
lets see loving wife ............great kids .......retired ie money for nothing...everybody thats close to me has thier health.........gee if i just had a few more toys

allisonrn06
04-13-2006, 08:03 AM
I have no problem with my self as a cd. My problem comes from those around me. My wife doesn't accept this. I have two sons to my ex-wife and I have custody of them. If they found out, they probably wouldn't want to live with me anymore. In addition, I come from a very religious family who would not accept me this way. So I was glad to find this forum,where I can talk to others who understand and accept me the way I am.:cheeky:

Gemma Rhodes
04-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi Girls (and boys)

Thanks for all your replies. It seems to me that MOST of us are now happy with our TG lifestyle, I know I am. I have come a long way since I first started dressing again at Xmas 04 as I was really miserable and unhappy but now just over a year later I am very happy with myself and my new lifestyle, I have met loads of great people, in person and online and now have a large circle of TG friends who give me regular support and encouragement.

So, thank you to everyone for making the last year or so the best of my life, long may it continue. Heading out tonight for a TG party and tomorrow going to Boston Belles where I will be getting a free makeover and photoshoot.

The only thing that would make my life better now is an understanding partner to share this with, but hey, we can't have everything now can we.

Gemma xx