PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Vows! Have you broken them?

HaleyPink2000
04-11-2006, 11:20 AM
I, (Name), take you, (Name), to be my wedded (husband/wife); to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, or the Lord comes for His own, and hereto I pledge you my faithfulness.

If you leave Him for CDing, your the one breaking the Vows, I feel.

(((BTW, No disrespect intended or implied))).

mistunderstood
04-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Since when Am I chained to any one? Man Or Woman. And the way I see it when love is dead in the marriage then it is not a marriage.

Taylor105
06-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Raisies hand. I'm so ashamed. I actually married a guy in the year 1995. I was goaded into marrying him by my parents and even though it felt wrong I did it. We were roomies. He felt normal male feelings for me and of course I didn't. I feel guilty to this day for taking six years of his life from him. But the good thing is I have come clean to him since the divorce in 2001. We are very good friends now. He was drinking with me the other day and we were really open about our feelings. Now he shows me pics of girls he has met on the net and asks my opinion on them. I was like...yeah she's hot!! hehe He always trusts my judgement. So all ended well. Taylor

Joy Carter
06-24-2006, 10:08 PM
In my mind I have been so bad ! but then I have been on the dance floor with many women just kepted my hands visable. But that was in the early years now I'd just as well cut off my right arm than touch another woman. I so love my gal she just get's better every day.:D

michellecd9999
06-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Nope. I have been 100% faithful for over 26 years of marriage.
Good Lord willing and continued determination, I will continue to be.
Michelle

Kimberley
06-28-2006, 06:31 PM
31 years in September and always at home. I wont say it has been easy, it hasn't, but I have always managed to stay in the vows.

Kimberley

sparro
06-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Uhm, if you leave him for any reason under that vow, you ARE breaking it. That's what divorse IS; breaking wedding vows. 'For worse' is a pretty vague term. It could mean leaving them for crossdressing just as easily as it could mean leaving someone for cheating on them. And is that wrong? Cheating I think falls under the "for worse" category.

I'm not trying to defend anyone leaving someone for crossdressing, or whatever reason. You can't just look at a situation in terms of black and white. I do agree if there is no good reason for divorse then it should not be done, but only a person in that situation can really properly decide that. Don't judge people you haven't taken the time to understand.

Deborah757
07-01-2006, 03:41 PM
I agree, especially since I was finally honest with my wife about my TSness and she gave me understanding instead of condemnation. This was after years of having suspicions and fights over CDing.

My marriage is far from perfect, but she is a better person than I am and I would sooner die than betray.

Taylor105
07-02-2006, 07:51 AM
I totally agree with you Sparro. And I feel like a piece of shit daily for breaking my vows and divorcing him. I'm just glad that we are friends and he sees me for who I am now. I think that is pretty rare. Taylor

Scrunchie-Bunchie
07-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Married for 15 months. We had a rocky start but it keeps geting better. No way would I ever be unfaithful.

dancinginthedark
07-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Not a CD but since getting sh*t on is not something that happens to just one demographic group I'll post my .02 too. I put up with infidelity and abuse (all kinds) from my first husband in an effort to honor my vows. I struggled with guilt over breaking those vows (divorce) for a long time before I divorced the @ss. What did it take? It was the day he took his anger out on my then three year old daughter. That was also the day I not only made a decision to break my vows and divorce but to also break a promise to myself as a survivor of childhood abuse to never raise my hand to anyone. I broke that one big time. I used an equalizer on him, then walked out the door with nothing but my child.

I wouldn't divorce my current husband of 17+ years over CD-ing issues. Having said that let me add my .20 on those other vows.

~ I have never cheated on anyone. Shame I can not say the same for all those I was in supposedly committed relationships with. Everyone of them cheated. You mentioned the till death do us bit (divorcing) but in my experince folks are really great at ignoing most if not all of those vows: like keeping yourself only unto your mate, to love, honor and cherish, to stick it out in sickness and in health etc...Plezzzzz CD is the least of it when it comes to reasons for a spouse to divorce. If that is all you have to deal with as a spouse count your blessing. Been there done that with the it could be so much worse. I would pick CD any day of the week over the other sh*t I have been through.

I do not mean to belittle the fear of a spouse doing just that, divorcing you over CD/TS issues but man oh man let them [the S/O who thinks it is the end of the freaken' world] walk a mile in my heels and they would see it is not the huge issue they may feel it is. Color me jaded. <shrugs> Hey, I happen to look good in green.