PDA

View Full Version : crossdresser or transvestite

Sweet Susan
11-05-2004, 01:45 AM
So, how do you identify yourself. Are you a crossdresser or a transvestite? Per the official, clinical definition, a crossdresser is a man who likes to wear women's clothes without having a sexual motivation. A transvestite, on the other hand, is a man who dresses as a woman, and, if possible lives as a woman, and he does it for sexual satisfaction or some kind of sexual motivation or stimulation. Now, I realize that my definition may not be 100% accurate, but we need not quibble. Please understand that I know that a woman can also be a crossdresser or a transvestite, but really, isn't that an accepted thing, anyway?

Using the above definitions, I would have to classify myself as a transvestite, but only because I get sexual satisfaction out of being dressed as a woman. I do not live as a woman, nor do I actually dress very frequently. If I could, however, I'd dress every day that it was practical, and if I could I'd dress everyday. I would even live as a woman if I could. I really would love to live as a woman, but it just wouldn't fly with the family thing and all. My wife prefers to think of it as crossdressing, and I guess I can understand that.

How do you see yourself. TV or CD?

Marlene4a
11-05-2004, 01:53 AM
This is a good question Susan. This requires one to be truley honest with one's self.
If there is such a thing as a "Trans-dresser", I quess that is how I would define myself.
It would depend on my mood while dressed, I guess.

There are so many facets to CD'ing, and I guess it would depend on the individual's slant toward the reasons for dressing in the clothes of the opposite sex.
As we engineers would say, there are a lot of "variables" in this case or situation.

Love
Me

Sharon
11-05-2004, 01:55 AM
I always thought "crossdresser" was just a generic term for "transvestite". I think I kind of straddle the line between your two definitions.
I certainly get sexual satisfaction from dressing up, but working at home like I do, I sometimes dress for days on end, depending on whether I need go out for something. At these times I'm just being me, only dressed a little better. On most of these days I just have on a pair of woman's jeans and loose blouse, with just a minimum of makeup. Instead of combing my hair back, I brush it forward and curl it under a bit. It's not so much "sexual satisfaction" as it is comfort.

Lily_gg
11-05-2004, 02:04 AM
Please understand that I know that a woman can also be a crossdresser or a transvestite, but really, isn't that an accepted thing, anyway?
I reckon there's a few people on this site who'd argue that one you know.

Wearing mens clothes whilst still looking 100% woman is accepted in the majority of cultures, but definitely not in all; wearing mens clothes, and looking and acting male is about as accepted as men wearing womens clothes...

At least we all accept each other on here though :)

Sweet Susan
11-05-2004, 02:06 AM
I reckon there's a few people on this site who'd argue that one you know.

Wearing mens clothes whilst still looking 100% woman is accepted in the majority of cultures, but definitely not in all; wearing mens clothes, and looking and acting male is about as accepted as men wearing womens clothes...

At least we all accept each other on here though :)

I stand corrected (but only slightly!)

Abraxas
11-05-2004, 02:22 AM
Hi...
I call myself a transvestite, because it seems to fit.
I don't get off on dressing male, perhaps because I started doing it before puberty and have been dressing ever since. Although I do find it easier to get off when I'm wearing my packy.
I dress and act as a young man full- time. So... I don't know if I fit perfectly into the 'transvestite' category, but that's what I call myself.

crispy
11-05-2004, 02:24 AM
bl**dy labels again!!

sorry, sweet susan, but we've been there so many times, and Julie M has given us some good definitions in the past.

certainly the labels in this thread are inadequate.

I am a man who likes to wear women's lingerie partly for sexual satisfaction and partly for other less well defined reasons (it just makes me feel good). But I do not want to live as a woman.

I'll bet there are many out there just like me.

so the spectrum is not even one dimensional, it is two dimensional at least.

SNAP!! :eek:

< :D >

Renecd
11-05-2004, 03:57 AM
Thanks Crispy you described my description perfectly!

Rene

Sandra H
11-05-2004, 04:42 AM
Using the above definitions I would say I am a cross dresser. Manly because the reason for me dressing is it feels more like me. I do not get any sexual gratification or satisfaction when I dress. I dress as much as I can these days, so whenever I am not going out, I dress as a woman. But even when I do need to dress as a man, I wear panties, tights and knee high 30 denier as socks and now the cold weather has arrived a bra.

If I could get away with it from family and friends etc I would like to live as a woman fulltime. But it would mean too much hassle, so I live with the compromise of man in public, woman in private.

T-girlMichelle
11-05-2004, 04:46 AM
:D I Just took the TCOGIATI Transgender Test today and they say I'm a TS!!

babe4life
11-05-2004, 05:01 AM
Need one more definition there Susan ... :D

I am TS too. Although my shrink thinks I am currently more straddling the TV spectrum ... But that is what I am there for. To learn about myself and also, to let him see through this male exterior (ugh) to what lies beneath.

Love,
Vicky

eleventhdr
11-05-2004, 07:18 AM
For some reason this did not post the frist time so i will try once more here. What I awa attempting to say was that I do think and feel that cd's and or transvestites however you think or feel you fit in here whereever you feel the most comfortable being really can be sexual bings nad still enjoy the whole of the dressing experience As I do. I myself see myself as being cd male cd but I still enjoy the dressing and also the esxual side of my femm self. As does my male side who still likes drab dressing but not near as much as female dressing and also being a sexual being in either mode and enjoying the pure joy of dressing as a girl and enjoying being a girl real girls also have sexual feelings as well maybe not to the degree males have thme but they are there. So it is with cd's and transvetites they can be girls enjoy dressing as girls and also be sexual beings that is what I mainly trying to get at here we are all in this togehter and cna be all and whole individuals and drss and enjoy ourselves in the whole of it all the pure enjoyment of being able to dress and be girls with our sexual being as well. I hope this makes some sense. All I mean here is that being a girl dressing as a girl is just pure pleasure in and unto itself that is why I dress this way because I really do want to be a girl. But wether you are cd tranvestite and or gg you can still be a sexual being as well and enjoy those aspects of it all as well that just goes along with being a whole person!. I do hope that makes some sense. I know for myself I do enjoy being female whenever I can and would enjoy all of it's aspects as well. thank's Suzy Ann!. Boy is this hard to put into words guess I am no Ann Landres ha ha!.

eleventhdr
11-05-2004, 09:25 AM
Hmmm!? Well have to think it over maybe more alright!. Suzy!.

rusty 2004
11-05-2004, 02:25 PM
I sometimes get to work from home, and can dress for a whole day on occasions,which is very comfortable, although I don't feel any sexual gratification from the dressing up until I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror. I then realise how wonderful it would be to be a woman all the time. ( I really am fond of my penis as well though!!)
This makes me a vain cd with t.s tendancies !

KewTnCurvy GG
11-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Okay, Sweet Susan, I'm a GG that likes GB's who like to wear GG clothes and be and act as GG. So what does that make me?:p :eek: :confused:

Sweet Susan
11-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Okay, Sweet Susan, I'm a GG that likes GB's who like to wear GG clothes and be and act as GG. So what does that make me?:p :eek: :confused:

That makes you very, very cool! But, please, everybody, it was only a question posed late at night after very little sleep the previous night. I'm not a judge of anybody or any definition. I was only going by the definitions I was given by my therapist when I sought counseling to deal with my difficult to deal with sexuality. Seems to have wrankled too many skirts.

windycissy
11-05-2004, 02:50 PM
I just assumed crossdresser was a more elegant word for transvestite.

When I first got into this, the sexual kick was the reason, and once I got off, I felt creepy and couldn't wait to get out of my clothes. But as I got more and more into it, there came a magic moment when I discovered that I enjoyed dressing as a girl without the sexual angle. The first time I "relieved" myself before dressing up, I felt so much more feminine putting on my lingerie and makeup, almost like a real girl must feel, without that male libido to distract me.

Anyone who's gotten into dressing as a woman knows that girl's clothes and makeup are way more fun to put on than guy stuff. Of course, there's a hassle factor, which explains why real girls can't wait to change into jeans and tee shirts after work. Truth be told, if I had to put on a dress and stockings every day, it would probably become a real drag (no pun intended). But I'll bet if you told real girls, even tomboys, they could never get dolled up again, they'd be bummed out. I know I would. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

genevieve_ohara
11-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Tough room, Susan.

But for me, I don't mind labels. Looking around me I see Victoria's Secret, Torrid, Hot Topic....haha

I also don't mind calling myself a crossdresser. So there you have it, Rabbit.

Finally, I'm well aware that a late night and a bit of Merlot can result in some pretty crazy posts. Been there. But don't worry about it.

Love 'ya

G

Barbieman
11-05-2004, 04:51 PM
I describe myself as a CD but also a sissy (and proud of it !)

Sweet Susan
11-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Barbieman--now there's a name we can all appreciate. And a sissyboy to boot. I bet you have more fun than all of us!

chocolateboygirl
11-05-2004, 05:26 PM

A RARE GG!!!

Amelie
11-05-2004, 05:40 PM
I am a Travesti.

Love Amelie

Jenna1561
11-05-2004, 05:41 PM
I guess I'll call myself a Crossdresser.

I enjoy dressing and afterwards am always rewarded with some of the best orgasms I've ever had. But at this time, I do not wish to become a woman. I enjoy my male role in my world AND the opportunities that I get to dress.

So, I have the best of both worlds and only wish I were brave enough to share my secret with my wife.

Love,
Jenna

BiOpi
11-05-2004, 07:22 PM
I prefer the term crossdresser as I think it sounds less clinical. Much in the same way that I prefer "bi" when people insist on labels rather than bisexual, gay or homosexual. I do get some sense of "naughtiness" out of crossdressing but I don't do it to be like a woman. I'm a man that likes to be naughty and that likes men and women :-)

Bonnie-OR
11-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Okay Susan
How 'bout crossvestite? I dress because it just makes me feel right and relaxed, but sometimes it just feels downright WONDERFUL!!
Huggs Bonnie

crispy
11-05-2004, 10:44 PM
I am a Travesti.

Love Amelie
I like it!

Amelie-Travesty, I'm trying to work out how you can inhabit the mid-Atlantic, somewhere betweeen the Azores and Iceland, yet you say the water is too polluted for sharks........

....HMMMM, methinkks the sweet lady is trying to put me off.

I can smell and track you, I'm on my way, see you soon.

Allison Vamp
11-05-2004, 10:51 PM
when i was growing up i considered myself a transvestite, probably cuz i picked it up from watching talk shows, then came the word "crossdresser" which for some reason seems more conservative. i think these days i like to call myself a transvestite that enjoys crossdressing. i do get turned on by wearing womens clothing, but i also have fun going through the whole process from start to finish,without getting turned on. see, it all makes sense now.

Sweet Susan
11-05-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm with you on that Allison, I, too, get turned on by the entire process. Just pulling up my thigh highs is a high in itself! When I feel the air move through the nylons and against my skin is a turn on. When I dress I put my wig and lipstick on last and it's like the capping events. Such a difference in the whole thing by the time I've put my wig on and I've just finished with the lipstick. It's wonderful.

eleventhdr
11-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Hmmm!. Intersting new concept for words to describe us. Maybe they might catch on. Might be better then the current crop of the old ones. Lest see what happens!?. Suzy!.

LindaTS
11-06-2004, 08:12 AM
At first I suppose I was a transvestite because I was sexually motivated when dressing. But over the years all this changed for me and now I consider myself to be a non-op TS. I'm developing real breasts and hope to go full time in the near future. Sometimes I think so many different labels are confusing. Oh well, I know who I am. Linda

Wendy me
11-06-2004, 09:28 AM
still trying to fegger that out see sitting here bra pantys stockings slip skirt blouse heels make up hair i am just me. i think i am a transvestite because i only feel i crossdress when i were his things dose that make any sence????????

racquel
11-06-2004, 02:06 PM
i consider myself to be a crossdresser

Marlene4a
11-06-2004, 08:44 PM
I want to commend Susan for having the "guts" to start this contraversial thread on how to delineate how we see ourselves.

I think Susan has opened up the "pandoras box" to our inner mind here, in asking the question to cause a little "soul searching", if you will.

I submit for your approval, the following thought:

If we are walking the borderline of having a sex change, than how do we define it.? Is there a category for this?

If we enjoy for a moment or for a few hours to dress as women, REGARDLESS OF HOW WE LOOK IN THE MIRROR, but our mind sees us as dressed in the opposite sex's clothing, and we notice the different "feel" of the female clothes opposed to our "drab" clothes. Ok then, I say we are a success. And then we "change back" and therefore feel fullfilled. Right? Another category?

But, then maybe there is another category for taking one more step beyond, and looking in the mirror and not liking what we see no matter what gender our clothes reveal. Then what category is that?

How many categories are there then ??

Do we care?

Or do we fit in each of these categories, or maybe ONE!
Which is it?

All right then........let me submit this for your second approval.........Are there "grey" areas for each category? or do we strongly fit into one??

Either way, are we "happy and content" no matter which category, or are we just plain happy and content no matter what??? , or can we EVER be pleased??

How do we define this???, or settle it?

Thank you Susan for the opportunity to muse this deep subject.

Love

Nikki A.
11-07-2004, 12:45 AM
What is the difference on what we are labeled, Apparently we all get some level of satisfaction, peace or enjoyment when we dress up. If I had my druthers I would wear only panties and feminine hose under whatever clothes I felt like wearing(usually I do wear panties). They feel more comfortable and the trouser sox that I usually do wear with my drabs don't bind like socks do. I don't get the sexual thrill anymore but it is my expression of my other side. I don't want to become a woman although I wish I had a physique that would allow me to pass easier when I wanted to.
Enjoy what you have and don't worry about labels.
ps to answer your question probably I consider myself a crossdresser

Sweet Susan
11-07-2004, 12:59 AM
This question wasn't founded on labels, no, on the contrary it was simply on the question of whether or not you see yourself as a crossdresserer or a transvestite. While the T-word seems to have a negative connotation, the cd word seems more acceptable. Myself? Well. I can be forthright and see myself as what I am, a transvestite. Yuck! But it does seem to carry with it a really foul sound. But why? We are what we are. And that is what we are. It's not about labels, it's about definition.

crispy
11-07-2004, 05:03 AM
I've thought about it and decided I'll be a Sexual Cross-UnderDresser.

Oh, sh*t that spells SCUD. I didn't realise until I'd typed it in. The description is entirely accurate.

SCUD is even worse than Sharky.

babe4life
11-07-2004, 05:11 AM
If it is all the same to you ...

I like Sharky :D

LOL

Love,
Vicky

crispy
11-07-2004, 06:57 AM
If it is all the same to you ...

I like Sharky :D

LOL

Love,
Vicky
and if it is all the same to you, babe Vicky .....

.................. I love your Minnie Mouse ears.

< :D > snap, slurrrrp !!

babe4life
11-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Ack! My ears! What did you do to my ears!

:p

Oh wait, there they are ... Would you be ever to kind as to maybe floss them out of your teeth there? I mean ... I quite liked them you know ... :D

Natasha Anne
11-07-2004, 08:00 AM
1. The kind of GG many of us would love to be able to find. Open and encouraging, rather than reluctant and tolerant

I'm not a crossdresser or a transvestite, I am me.

I've been called many things, and I accept them. Amongst others that includes, freak, fag, transvestite, crossdresser, dyke, but you're a man. I don't have any need to fight back.