PDA

View Full Version : A first for me

StephanieLake
10-13-2022, 07:27 PM
I'm alone at the lake house for a few days and decided today was the day.

I put on a skirt and top, no wig or makeup because I don't have any (but I did have pink fingers and toes), and went on an early evening walk along the road on the busy side of the lake. About 5 or 6 cars, and one bike, passed me. I made eye contact with 3 drivers, 1 male and 2 females. Boy was my heart racing. I actually went out a couple days earlier in a sun dress, but that was on a trail that I have never seen anyone on during the week so I wasn't worried about being seen there. This was the first time I have been seen in public in a dress/skirt, other than in a fast food drive through. Mark that first off my list. Can't wait for the next time.

Heather76
10-13-2022, 08:12 PM
Congrats for taking that first big step. From my personal experience, I believe it takes a lot more courage to dress in a skirt and top without a wig than it takes to dress with a wig. There is no doubt others could easily see you were a MIAD. With a wig in place, you do have a chance of not being quite as obvious. FWIW, I purchased 2 wigs from Amazon. They were both in the $25.00 range. I tossed the 1st one out. I still have the other one; but, I purchased a wig thru the Paula Young web site for $60.00. I wish I had purchased it first. I will likely discard the other Amazon purchase. Anyway, for not a terribly large investment, you can fool some of the people some of the time; but, you will never fool all of the people all of the time.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You done good.

bridget thronton
10-14-2022, 01:28 AM
Good work Stephanie

alwayshave
10-14-2022, 06:40 AM
Stephanie, Congratulations on getting out of your house. It is exhilarating.

GretchenM
10-14-2022, 07:06 AM
I agree with Heather all the way. But you are to be congratulated in finding the courage to go out. I have done that a few times when away from home. It definitely produces a high with intense feelings of freedom.

But Heather's thought on the wig is a good one. Perhaps the most distinctive identifiers of a female is her hair. A close second is her clothes and third is her figure. So, get yourself a wig. There are some good cheap ones, but not many. Most of the cheap ones really need to be styled a bit as they are pretty basic and a bit ragged. And they tend to shed a lot for awhile. A wig will give you so much more confidence.

StephanieLake
10-14-2022, 08:19 AM
I'd love to get a wig, and learn to do make up, but both those are currently hard no's with the wife. While I do have places to hide them up at the lake house, I don't want to go there and lose her trust. Maybe some day she'll let me.

kimdl93
10-14-2022, 09:12 AM
I admire your commitment to honesty.

Fiona_44
10-14-2022, 03:39 PM
Nice to hear about your outside trip Stephanie. Feels good doesn't it?

Lucy B
10-14-2022, 05:19 PM
Lovely to hear about your trip Stephanie.
As someone who also had their first trip out today, I know how you feel

StephanieLake
10-14-2022, 06:33 PM
I enjoyed yesterday so much, I went out again today.

I went for a drive and decided to go for a walk along the shore. As I was standing at the waters edge enjoying the view, a pontoon boat loaded with about 10 girls/women in bikinis went slowly by just off shore. They saw me standing there and some of them hollered and waved. I of course waved back, which got them yelling more and the rest of them turned and waved. So, again, I waved back, which got yay's and woohoo's. If they couldn't tell I was a guy in a skirt, they had to be blind.

I'm not sure I have the nerve to go to more public places in a dress or skirt yet, but I think I'm on my way to getting there.

Debbie Denier
10-15-2022, 03:37 AM
Congratulations Stephanie. Giant steps forward.