PDA

View Full Version : false eyelashes?

ronna
04-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Has anybody ever been able to wear these!?
I bought a kit that came with a special tool and glue and I might as well have been playing "pin the tail on the donkey" blindfolded.
I couldn't get anywhere close to my eyelid and I must have spent an hour trying before I finally gave up completely.
I really wanted to see how they would look but I must not have the patience or skill it takes to put them on.

rhondasxycd
04-11-2006, 04:46 PM
i use them quite often .. they can be difficult too put on.. one thing is let the glue get a bit tacky before trying like 15 seconds or so ...but like anything else practice practice practice !!!

DanaJ
04-11-2006, 04:54 PM
I have covered this in the Beauty Club, but here is a hopefully helpful tip:

This trick may sound crazy - but....here goes anyway :)

Here is a trick I learned from one of my makeover girls - take a toothpick, and put a few dots of glue on your eyelid (almost like applying eyeliner), then put the eyelash to your eyelid. The reason this works better than the other way is because the eyelash will only stick where the glue is. The other way, the eyelash with the glue already on it has a tendency to stick everywhere you don't want it to, especially when first starting out.
Hope this helps :)

ronna
04-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks, Dana,
I might have to get some of those round-end toothpicks or I will either perforate my eyelid or poke my eye out
Here goes nothing!

And Rhonda, can you practice with the same set, or do you have to buy new ones each time?

Tamara Croft
04-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Ronna, wash them in warm soapy water, dry them carefully, then put them back in the packet you bought them in. They should be reusable if you care for them correctly.

JeanneF
04-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Also, if you roll them into a curved shape to match contour of your eyelid before applying them, they go on MUCH easier.

DanaJ
04-11-2006, 05:05 PM
I have bought them online in bulk - at less than $2.00 per pair, I sometimes just throw them away after use.

http://www.falseeyelashesstore.com/
http://www.madamemadeline.com/online_shoppe/

I have bought from both these places, I recommend them :)

Sherlyn
04-11-2006, 05:08 PM
I never leave home with out them .... I tried the glue on the lid first til i blinked 1 time and the glue spread to wide ..so since I'm back to a light line of glue on the lash itself I've done it so many times now ..I just drop it into place with a pair of twissors ..then lightly pat them down with the other end of the twissors.. with the glue I use 9 times outta 10 ..if you just tug on it... it will pull off the lash when done .....Main thing tho is the practice

Caitlintgsd
04-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Thanks for all of the good info. I have a few pairs and haven't ever tried them. Lately I just use that Maybelline mascara with the double ended brush, one end extends your lashes and the other is mascara.

SherriePall
04-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Girls -- thanks for the tips. I have two pairs and very seldom wear them because it takes so much time and is a hassle. I'll be trying the suggestions given here. P.S. I love the look they give.

Ranee Daze
04-11-2006, 05:17 PM
MAC and Makeup Forever counters have great lashes for sale at a really fair price and you can get really great enthusiastic help learning to put them on. Relax, especially at MAC, they are very CD and TG friendly. Ohterwise I recomment you get some really cheap lashes and practise, practise, practise!

Sherlyn
04-11-2006, 05:24 PM
...just to add I've recently tried Revlon lashes ..they self stick on the first wear then after that you use the glue lightly ..they actually have a small band on the glue area of the lash ..and this is what allows the slight tug and the glue pulls off..they sell tho for about 7 a pair here ...but easy to apply and reuse :)

Karren H
04-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Hate them and have clumbsy fingers so tried them once and that was enough for this girl!!!! Don't really need them since mine are longish. Sife ws always ticked because mine were longer than hers!! Hehehehe

Love Karren

jillinla
04-11-2006, 10:45 PM
put the mirror on the counter
look down
put the glur on the lash
with the applicator
lash on the eyr

look down
it helps

michellecd9999
04-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I did wear them at the last makeover - but the makeover artist put them on me. I doubt I could do it myself!
Michelle

Zelda Noe
04-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Hi Ronna :wave2:

During my last makeover on 3/29/06, my young GG makeup artist put individual lashes on my eyelids, instead of the traditional strips. At first I didn't like the idea, but she gently put about 4-5 individual lashes on each eyelid, than used mascara on both those and my regular male lashes. The result was incredible, very appealing and honestly...sexy looking. I was pleasantly surprised, she was delighted and now...I thinking I just may go that route from now on. Much easier to deal with then the regular strips, easier to apply on ones eyelid. Hope this offers you a new suggestion.

Can you see the lashes good enough in this photo, on the right eye? Left...sorta hard to see.

Dandy :happy: ;)

MsJanessa
04-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks, Dana,
I might have to get some of those round-end toothpicks or I will either perforate my eyelid or poke my eye out
Here goes nothing!

And Rhonda, can you practice with the same set, or do you have to buy new ones each time?
I always put on eyelashes----you should apply the glue sparingly to the edge of the eyelash, then wait 30 seconds at least--to allow the glue to become tacky, then take a q-tip---one of the kind with a pointed but soft end---close one eye--place the lash over your natural lashline and then very gently press the lash into place with the q-tip---then open your eye wide to avoid the upper and lower lids sticking togather. The key is to wait long enough to allow the glue to become tacky---if you live in Maine contact Me and I'll be happy to help you put them on.

Ellie
04-12-2006, 11:19 AM
I tried the strips a few times and it was at best a hit-n-miss operation (Fat fingers).

Generally I just use a little mascara and my natural lashes pop into view.

My SO swears by the individual lashes but I have yet to try those out.

carol ann
04-12-2006, 12:27 PM
This was raised recently on another thread that started of with a request for advice on shaping eyebrows.

I know that my natural eye-lashes are virtually none existant and mascara can't make something out of nothing. When I tried false eyelashes i gave up after an hour and a half and flushed them down the toilet but i will try again one day following the advice that you girls are giving.

I have brought back this post to note this is my 200'th posting - where did I find the time??