PDA

View Full Version : No fashion sense?

Lawren
04-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Has anyone ever noticed or thought that girls today seem to have no fashion sense?

Tonight at the college photo lab where I am a student I saw, what I thought was, a fashion disaster.

There was a very attractive young lady wearing a gorgeous emerald green print dress with spagetti straps and a string tie in the back. At first glance she was really lovely. But then I noticed she was wearing black pants and athletic shoes also, under her dress. It was almost enough to make me sick but I couldn't help but keep looking at her and wondering who taught her to dress like that. I almost said something to her but I wasn't willing to get into an fashion argument/discussion with a college age girl.

Wombat
04-11-2006, 08:19 PM
There are too many women who either get dressed in the dark or who don't own mirrors ... unlike the average CD who has impeccable fashion sense at anytime :D

Me? I've got no flamin' fashion sense in either mode.

Wombat

Jennaie
04-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Many people, not just girls, have little fashion sense. Maybe they just don't care or maybe they don't have the knowlege. I see beautiful women every day who are very nicely dressed, I am not going to say that todays women have no fashion sense. I think there are just as many women and men out there today with fashion sense as there were 10, 20, 30 years ago and more. They are ones I notice, the ones who stand out to me. I dismiss the ones who dress without a thought.

Bridget
04-12-2006, 12:20 AM
It depends, a skirt or dress with pants may or may not be bad. It depends on what the person is wearing.

AngelAshley
04-12-2006, 07:48 AM
I agree. I saw a girl ice skating on monday night wearing a dark green skirt over what looked like the sort of black trousers I wear to cheerleading practise. Looked awfull.

I never follow whats 'in fashion' myself unless I really like it. I hated those gypsey skirts that were in last season... but a while before that the in colours were pink & black - my faveorite!

LindaTS
04-12-2006, 09:40 AM
I have first hand experience with this sort of thing. A couple of years ago I was at a wedding. If you can believe it all of the bridesmaids were wearing sneakers under those beautiful gowns. I guess they just didn't care how they looked. That re-enforces my thoughts on how so many women today don't seem to care how they look. Yesterday I was shopping here in central NY and I was the only one wearing a skirt. At first I thought "OMG they're all reading me". Then I realized most of the men were looking at my legs. When I'm out shopping I usually wear tight pink or black jeans with heels. So many of the women are wearing sloppy jeans or sweats with sneakers. Apparently they just don't care how they look. Oh well, at least I try.

Wombat
04-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Watching a show on tele tonight with my gf, I couldn't help but notice how the gorgeous presenter looked like she was wearing a nightie that would keep you awake at night. I was soooo pleased when my gf commented that she thought the outfit was dreadful.

Similarly, a popular show here is Funniest Home Videos. The presenter is a rather nice young lady, who is almost invariably dressed by a fashion house run by Attilla the Nun. The funny thing is, I've made so many comments about her outfits that my 13 year old son, who isn't CD and doesn't know I am, also comments on her outfits now. The difference being, he doesn't have a clue and bags outfits I think look gorgeous on her.

Wombat

Wombat
04-12-2006, 09:51 AM
I have first hand experience with this sort of thing. A couple of years ago I was at a wedding. If you can believe it all of the bridesmaids were wearing sneakers under those beautiful gowns..

:eek:

I bet the cows looked stunning too ... from the ankle up:mad:

Sometimes, girlie clothes are wasted on girlies:mad:
(I guess the same could be said for blokes but to be honest, I've never noticed :rolleyes: )

Wombat

Casey Morgan
04-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Perhaps she was simply trying to get a "head and shoulders" shot of her in the dress. Kind of like a guy wearing a tee shirt and sweatpants who puts on a dress shirt and tie to get a few pics. Or perhaps she was doing some modeling and simply wanted to be comfortable in between shots, waiting to see how the first batch came out.

Or maybe she just feels comfortable like that, sort of like a man wearing a blouse and skirt.

Trinity_cat
04-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Fashion sense is definately NOT one of my strong points.
But I have to disagree with you all.
Wearing a dress, trousers and running shoes together does sound weird,
but to the wearer this is a FASHION STATEMENT.
Many of these fashion quirks are pop culture based.

Just because we don't understand it, we have no right to condemn it.

After all, the majority of the world think WE are in the wrong dress (pardon the pun)