PDA

View Full Version : Going out later today. Is pink OK?

steffie39
04-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Hi girls,

I as thinking of going out later today (I'm off from work). Probaly to a mall around late mornng/early afternoon. The temperature is supposed to get into the 60's later today. I was thinking of wearing a pink top (3/4 sleeves), white capri pants, knee highs and some cute pink sandals. I was also thinking of painting my nails (both finger and toe) pink and using pink lipstick and light pink eyeshadow (light on the eyeshadow). My bracelet, earings and necklace to wear will be (what else?) pink (a small necklace). I guess I am in a pink kind of mood. :) The white capri pants though, should break up the pink.

Does the above sound OK for April on the east coast? Or should I wait until May or June before bringing out the pink? M goal is to try and blend in but can I do this in April with pink?

I won't be going out until later but I'll check the forum. All you girls seem like you have good fashion sense and I have so much more to learn. Thanks.

Steffie

Anita Mae GG
04-12-2006, 07:44 AM
All is good, but nix the pink eye shadow....too much!!!! Go for a cream color or something neutral like that, Have fun!!

Pink Satin Sissy
04-12-2006, 09:22 AM
I think you can't go wrong with pink! lol! I must agree with Tammy Marie on the eye shadow.

Pink

Jodi
04-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Steffie, THe pink top with the white capris is a great look, but no knee highs with the sandals. Sorry, but bare legs only with capris.

Jodi

Rachel Morley
04-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Does the above sound OK for April on the east coast? Or should I wait until May or June before bringing out the pink? My goal is to try and blend in but can I do this in April with pink?
Hi Steffie,

Tricky one this.....it's warming up but it's not quite summer. I'm on the west coast and so I don't know exactly what it's like in "your neck of the woods" but for what it's worth, in my personal opinion, I would say that the white capris are a bit too "summery".

If it were me, I would go for a nice pair of tight fitting low rise boot cut jeans with pink and white tennis shoes, and keep all the othe pink stuff you plan on doing except for the eyeshadow.....go neutral with that.

Good luck

CharlaineCadence
04-12-2006, 11:38 PM
I love pink but have to be honest and tell you that you really need to kill the eye shaddow. I would not even wear it. go light on the blush and use a tinted gloss on the lips and your all set. hun

Billijo49504
04-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Sound cute to me. I like the outfit, but not the pink eye sahdow. Tamara is right. Listen to the GG...BJ

HaleyPink2000
04-13-2006, 09:58 AM
You know I did see a young Girl at the Mall, with tall Bright Fusia / Pink Heels with Capris. I have to tell you. Everyone I Mean everyone was looking at Her! I felt She did it to get attention.

Just something was wrong with that look. But if it would have been Tenis shoes of any color, it would have been ok. Also Her make up was a little to much. Many people put on way to much. But I guess it's up to them what they like. I never say anything to anyone over their makeup except maybe " Dear you look nice". But I just think pink eye shadow is a little much for me.

I buy the kits that are for brown eyes. The ones that come with all the colors that make brown eyes stand out. They also come with the eye liner etc. It makes it easy, and they come setup for every color eye. I did buy the setup for my Wife for Her Christmas stocking. She has blue eyes. It is made by Almay called " i-Color ". Very good product line.

Oh and Girls Here is a nice link for you to look at.

Have fun, thats what it's about, Life.

Hugz
http://www.walgreens.com/store/pickcolor.jsp?CATID=100292&navAction=jump&navCount=1&skuid=sku1631097&id=prod1631109

http://www.walgreens.com/store/pickcolor.jsp?CATID=100565&navAction=push&navCount=2&skuid=sku1631098&id=prod1631110

http://www.walgreens.com/store/pickcolor.jsp?CATID=100566&navAction=push&navCount=3&skuid=sku1276564&id=prod1276574

http://www.thread.co.nz/article/955

steffie39
04-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Sorry I didn't get a chance to post thank you's but this was the day befofe my trip to Las vegas. I'm back now and I want to thank all you for your help.

I used a neutral eyeshadow, not pink. The knee highs didn't show as my capri's came down below where my knee highs ended. The trip to the mall was good and the stares were minimal. I even talked to some sales girls in the stores and they all were nice to me and very helpful. I was looking for capris in size 10 as my 12's are getting a little big on me now.

Thanks again!

Steffie

Lingerieprincess
04-18-2006, 12:41 AM
I love pink, it is just the best, im thinking about getting all my lingerie in just pink maybe its a crazy idea, but i just love it.

Jessicafreed
04-18-2006, 02:35 PM
I also love pink. It makes me feel so feminine. I usually have my toenails painted in pink and love to show them off with me strappy pink sandals.

Love,

Jessica

Julie Avery
04-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah, pink...it's a gender cliche, but one that sure does work for me. It's hard to name another color that a genetic male who wants to present as masculine would just never wear.

Jasmine Ellis
04-18-2006, 04:02 PM
It sounds nice to me

Anahis
04-18-2006, 04:28 PM
I agree with everybody, Pink is the most feminine of the colors and I just love it.