PDA

View Full Version : How Wife Supports Our Girl Time

Teresa.Smith.VA
12-12-2022, 02:52 PM
It occurred to me that I have never read a post on CD.com that describes a wife or girlfriend who makes notations on a joint smart phone calendar to reserve days or weekends to schedule girl time.

My wife frequently blocks a day or several days where her posts say, "Blocked: Girlfriend Time". She does this frequently, especially when she sees the calendar filling up with events that will keep Teresa from having girly time.

While I am free to be Teresa anytime I wish, she made clear that her motivation is to ensure that Teresa's time is a high priority in our marriage. She began this practice more than fifteen years ago, to ensure that we have this special time to be girls together.

What tweaks my pink cloud are her special comments on what our activity might be. She will add notations such as, "Shopping Day, Dinner Out, Romantic Dinner at Home, Two or Three Day Weekend Trip, Week Long Vacation Trip, Manicure, or Make Over Appointment."

Have any of you experienced this thoughtful approach to making sure you get the time you need to dress en femme?

Stephanie Michelle
12-12-2022, 03:29 PM
How great is that! I am jealous. Enjoy your time with the wife.

Natalie5004
12-12-2022, 03:52 PM
I have never seen that done before. Can you send a message to my wife? I want her to take me out for dinner in a fancy restaurant. I will look as cute as possible.

Teresa.Smith.VA
12-12-2022, 05:51 PM
Natalie:

Great idea! Of course my wife or I would be happy to send a hint to your wife. As cute as you look how would any woman be hesitant to have a fancy candlelight dinner in a swanky restaurant. The fun of it will be that your wife will insist that it was her idea. So, you had better check your joint calendar to see the date of when two cuties will dine out. :)

JulieC
12-12-2022, 06:01 PM
Teresa, this is REALLY amazing! Wow!

Emily in the south
12-12-2022, 07:33 PM
What a heavenly idea!
I will have to send calendar notes to myself from now on, since I'm not married ...

Emily

alwayshave
12-12-2022, 07:45 PM
Teresa, that would be an act that would be a little to technical for my luddite wife.

Teri Ray
12-12-2022, 09:52 PM
I am pretty lucky in that my wife will ask me on occasion if I need a Teri day. Just the question makes me happy that she considers my desire and makes effort to accommodate me.

Heather76
12-13-2022, 12:16 AM
Teresa, that is likely the most thoughtful way of showing acceptance and support that I've read on this site. Your wife is a gem.

Gi Gondin
12-13-2022, 02:46 AM
That’s a great idea Teresa, thank you for sharing.

My girlfriend is a to do kind of girl but I think she will enjoy this idea.

As I have mentioned before here, we have an anual goals list dedicated to Gi and other dedicated to us as a couple, and we already started to prepare the 2023 list!!! Having a common calendar will be in this years list for sure!

bridget thronton
12-13-2022, 02:47 AM
You have a great wife

Gi Gondin
12-13-2022, 03:00 AM
Just to illustrate two goals achieved this year: a) acrylic nails extensions (she chose the design and color); and b) an international trip as girlfriends.

We had a lot of fun! can’t wait to put this calendar idea to work! :battingeyelashes:

PS. Girls, i’m not posting this picture to brag or anything like that… my intention is to show to some of us that we can have wonderful relationships, as Teresa has, with amazing wifes and girlfriends and be respected and cherished as we are.

prene
12-13-2022, 03:34 AM
Now you are just bragging.

I am envious

kimdl93
12-13-2022, 06:33 AM
I am past the stage of being jealous of people in wonderful marriages. I have come to realize that great people create great marriages. And at least in my case, the inverse is also true.

Debbie Denier
12-13-2022, 07:00 AM
My wife supported my girl time by directing me to the wheely bin in the back garden. That was the destination for my girly things when discovered.

Jillcder
12-13-2022, 08:04 AM
Only in my dreams. What a sweet wife you have.

GretchenM
12-13-2022, 08:09 AM
Wow, Teresa. Your wife gets it and understands that you have certain needs just like she does and is fully willing to make time for that. And my suspicion is that you comfortably reciprocate in considering her needs. That's real togetherness. Hard to do for most, but you and your wife are living, breathing examples that it is possible if both embrace the female-like traits of considering the other's feelings and needs, often in preference to your own.

Krisi
12-13-2022, 11:20 AM
My wife has done nothing like that. She tolerates my dressing and has bought me clothes and jewelry, but she has never gone out with me as Krisi.

NancySue
12-13-2022, 02:32 PM
My wife accepts my dressing unconditionally. I dress daily, always panties, hose and a bra, then whatever. It works perfectly.

Kelli_cd
12-14-2022, 09:51 AM
Winner of The Most Thoughtful Spouse of the Year!

April Rose
12-14-2022, 12:40 PM
Teresa,I think you've probably prescribed the contents of my daydreams for the next year or so. :daydreaming:

Kitty Sue
12-16-2022, 11:16 PM
Awesome and great for you and your wife. We don't do this stuff at all. At this point I am not really sure where my CDing is heading. Although it is certainly heading in direction very different from 10 years ago.

Kris Burton
12-17-2022, 03:23 AM
This is quite amazing and wonderful. Clearly Cding meets both of your needs, and it doesn't get any better than that.

Maria 60
12-17-2022, 08:21 AM
My wife will not wright it in a calendar but when she sees I'm starting to get more flustered or nervous she will tell me that Maria needs some time. She will usally ask me to go for a drive or she will make planes for herself to make time for me at home.

Adelaide
12-17-2022, 04:19 PM
Amazing. A dream come true...for you. For me, the wife does NOT accept who I really am. So I could just dream about it....

NancyJ
12-17-2022, 04:58 PM
So great! So loving! Do you think she would ever consider posting on the forum just to support and affirm those with less accepting spouses?

Teresa.Smith.VA
12-18-2022, 06:31 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts regarding my wife. She is truly a sweet, loving, accepting person who has always accepted me, all of me, as I am. We love each other deeply and enjoy our lives together. Thanks again for your kind comments.

Cheryl T
12-18-2022, 08:15 PM
No need for us. She told me years ago to just dress whenever I desired, so I do.

Teresa.Smith.VA
12-19-2022, 09:12 AM
So great! So loving! Do you think she would ever consider posting on the forum just to support and affirm those with less accepting spouses?

Nancy, to answer your question... My wife has been quite supportive to my CD'ing friends that we have met in local CD groups that gather regularly. She has also been helpful to those wives of our special friends (my wife's loving term) to help them understand how they might be more supporting and affirming. However, she is not a member of CD.com.

Crissy 107
12-19-2022, 12:31 PM
Teresa, I agree with NancyJ, I feel we are fortunate to have some very good GG’s here but having your wife also chime in could be nice.

BLUE ORCHID
12-21-2022, 06:28 PM
Everytime my:love:Wife orders something from the Catalog she gives me the odder to add something,

Teresa.Smith.VA
12-22-2022, 06:13 PM
Teresa, I agree with NancyJ, I feel we are fortunate to have some very good GG’s here but having your wife also chime in could be nice.

My wife is flattered but will give some thought about your suggestion and NancyJ's.

WandaRae2009
12-28-2022, 09:29 AM
I need to put my wife in touch with yours. I would love to have girl time with my wife,

mary spence
12-28-2022, 11:20 AM
Teresa, your wife is wonderful!!! Have a great time! I hope we get an in depth report on the experience. : )