PDA

View Full Version : Christmas party

Majella St Gerard
12-12-2022, 08:11 PM
My company Christmas party is coming up and I would love to attend as Gerri but I'm not actually OUT at work. A couple of people are in the know but they haven't spread it around, as far as I know. I'm kind of annoyed that no one really has checked out my Facebook account and discovered my not so secret secret. There are some young women here that I'm sure would get a kick out of it, potential dress up gf's. I don't hide my hobby but it's not something I lead with in general work conversation.
I was hoping someone would stumble upon my FB page and out me. I've thought of outing myself to a few women I think are cool but I'm waiting for the right opening. Oh well, vent is over.
😊✌❤
Gerri

Geena75
12-12-2022, 08:55 PM
Gotta Luv You! While I'm jumping through hoops, dreading someone I know finds out about my 'peculiar pastime,' you are wishing they would make the effort to find you out. If they only knew what they were missing!

Majella St Gerard
12-12-2022, 08:58 PM
Gotta Luv You! While I'm jumping through hoops, dreading someone I know finds out about my 'peculiar pastime,' you are wishing they would make the effort to find you out. If they only knew what they were missing!

Right 😁😆
I would love to play dress up with several of the women here at work. 😈😛😉

alwayshave
12-12-2022, 09:00 PM
Majella, If you want to come out to your work mates come out to them. Don't make it someone else's fault because they discovered your Facebook page. I don't mean to be confrontational, but it seems you want someone else to do the dirty work.

Majella St Gerard
12-12-2022, 09:06 PM
I might just have to do the "Dirty Work" myself then. 😆✌❤

Crissy 107
12-12-2022, 10:45 PM
The easy way may be to just show up at the Christmas party as Gerri

kimdl93
12-13-2022, 06:30 AM
Just goes to illustrate how the use of Facebook has diminished, especially among younger generations.

Maybe you should invite a few of those women in the know to a separate Christmas get-together

char GG
12-13-2022, 06:52 AM
You could send the women that you want to know a friend request. I never search for people on FB unless I get a request.

Anyway, have fun at your company party.

Jillcder
12-13-2022, 07:06 AM
I need some of your courage Majella Im still trying to come up with nerve to have a discussion my wife. Either way enjoy your Christmas party.

Krisi
12-13-2022, 11:25 AM
Once the pink fog clears, you will realize that letting people at your work know that you are a crossdresser is a very bad idea. Nothing good can come from this and lots of bad things may happen. You may be the first to be let go if there is a downsizing, and you may be passed over for any promotions.

I suggest not telling anyone from work, not showing up at the Christmas party dressed as a female and getting rid of any Facebook pages showing you dressed as a female.

Majella St Gerard
12-13-2022, 12:23 PM
I have no intention of just showing up at the party dressed in a cocktail-dress, not even I'm that bold. I work for a company that is very big and has a famous name and very invested in being inclusive and concerned about their public image. So I'm not worried about any retaliation or blow back from my Personal Life. I've been posting pictures of the REAL ME for years on my FB page and have had no repercussions, some people get nosey and go looking and some are cool and some are not. But I obviously don't care what others think. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed by my little hobby.

Bobbi46
12-13-2022, 01:14 PM
When it comes to coming out there is no use in faffing around just go for it if some people already know you can bet on many more knowing and so there is no reason not go 24/7

Jean 103
12-15-2022, 08:19 PM
When I came out years ago it was the biggest non-event ever nobody cared. I had started living as Jean and felt it was time.

The company I work for is 50 years old they had the first Christmas party ever 3 years ago. I had to talk with the owner who I've known like my whole life, that the only way I could go would be as Jean. He said it would be okay. I went and had a good time.

Last year was called off because of the virus. I just got off the phone with the owner, he called to make sure I will be attending the Christmas party tomorrow night. I already have my dress picked out.

If you want people to know just tell them.

Love Jean

Joyce Swindell
12-16-2022, 07:28 AM
Maybe post a few pictures at work of yourself if it's allowed. Ever get visitors in your work space? It could be fun to see the reactions.

Majella St Gerard
12-22-2022, 10:56 AM
Well anyway, this is what I wore.333169

Aunt Kelly
12-22-2022, 11:05 AM
If it is a "hobby", don't put your livelihood at risk. Not saying that being out at the company xmas party will do that. I am saying that you need to assess the worth of such an action if it will.