PDA

View Full Version : Hosiery and ... the bulge

Wombat
04-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Being a Wombat of ... um ... adequate proportions, I find pantyhose roll down over my tummy and collect in a band around the top of my panties. Most upsetulating.

It's not a problem if I'm wearing a skirt as the waist band of the skirt locks the top of the pantyhose in place. However, under a dress, the only option I have is to carefully stretch the rotten things into a place where the top of the pantyhose matches the waist band of my panties.

Any suggestions? (I haven't seen maternity pantyhose in years so haven't been able to give them a go)

Wombat

EricaCD
04-12-2006, 10:04 AM
First, let me say I'm glad to find out that you are referring to "THAT" bulge. I thought we were in for another thread on tucking....

If you wear a waist cincher or padded panty (I'm thinking the FOH version), wear that over the pantyhose, not under. It will help hold the waistband in place. You might also want to consider non-control top pantyhose. Of course you lose a bit of slenderizing effect, but the fit might be more natural.

Good luck!

Wombat
04-12-2006, 10:08 AM
You might also want to consider non-control top pantyhose.

What a brilliant piece of lateral thinking. Of course. Been too long in me burrow. I'll get some next time I go shopping ... otherwise known as the 'weekly hunt'. Seriously, I tend to buy control tops thinking they'll pull the old tum into shape, which they don't of course and that probably aids the roll down effect. Cripes you girls are good.

Wombat

Kathycd
04-12-2006, 10:11 AM
I have a similar problem but wear a light control panty girdle over my hose and everything stays in place nicely. Am working on that roll down problem though. <smile>

kathy

Wombat
04-12-2006, 10:17 AM
I too have a panty girdle. GGs may not agree but the bloke who invented them was a cross dresser extraordinaire

Wombat

Margaret
04-12-2006, 11:46 AM
I too have a panty girdle. GGs may not agree but the bloke who invented them was a cross dresser extraordinaire

Wombat
My pantygirdles tend to roll with the pantyhose. The only control item which doesn't roll is my high-waisted obg. However it is difficult to wear under drab clothing because the tabs show and I have the telltale "monobutt".:o

Phoebe Reece
04-12-2006, 12:36 PM
A body briefer (bra-brief combination) will keep pantyhose waist bands from rolling - even for control top pantyhose.

FrillyKnickers
04-12-2006, 02:06 PM
I only wear stockings or hold-ups/thigh highs. Pantyhose or tights as we call them in the UK are just not my thing. You still get the same problem if you wear a suspender/garter belt, but you could always go for a Basque or Body Briefer with garter straps. Of course you wouldn't get any of these problems with thigh highs!

jillinla
04-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Wombat

You are truly charming

wendy
04-12-2006, 02:20 PM
I wear nothing but control tops, and I too experienced the 'bulge' you describe.

For me, how i keep the hose from unravelling is I wear a girdle, and to prevent the girdle from unravelling I also wear a bodyshaper. It maybe abit snug, but I find that helps keep everything in place.

Julie York
04-12-2006, 02:41 PM
You could wear them with braces....which aren't suspenders.....or is that garters.....which are those things for holding up socks...or....

It was funny before I put it through the Universal translator.

:(

But more practical (and more fun) would be hold up stockings.