PDA

View Full Version : Don't knock it till you've tried it

Deborah_UK
04-12-2006, 01:31 PM
At work today one of the guys is looking for a particular sweater so one of the women siuggested that she might be able to find that style in a women's store, "not suggesting you like to wear womens' clothes of course". He prompltly laughed and said no of course.

So I piped up and said "don't knock it till you've tried it"

guffaws of laughter ensued

They really have no idea despite what I think are the obvious signs, long nails (occasionally covered in clear polish), mascara, trimmed eyebrows, per una jeans (for the non-Brits Per Una are a female brand at Marks & Spencer)

People only see what they want to, and they see me as "Mister Bloke", the heavy drinking soccer fan.

Julie York
04-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Ahaa!

So all I have to do to out you, is interrogate all the heavy drinking soccer fans in the UK.

"United!......United!.........Now then pal!......What size bra do you take?"

(This could prove to be an interesting Summer.)

:D

Penny
04-12-2006, 04:26 PM
At work today one of the guys is looking for a particular sweater so one of the women siuggested that she might be able to find that style in a women's store, "not suggesting you like to wear womens' clothes of course". He prompltly laughed and said no of course.

They really have no idea despite what I think are the obvious signs, long nails (occasionally covered in clear polish), mascara, trimmed eyebrows, per una jeans (for the non-Brits Per Una are a female brand at Marks & Spencer)

People only see what they want to, and they see me as "Mister Bloke", the heavy drinking soccer fan.
Sounds to me like you could have you eyelides tatoo'd with eyeliner and they
wouldn't notice. By the way, if you drink boody marys and the football games
(improperly know as soccer in the states) does that then make you a bloody
bloke?:idontknow: :silly: :whistling: :)

Julie Avery
04-12-2006, 04:45 PM
The moment when guffaws and truth meet is a fine one :)

Deborah_UK
04-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Ahaa!

So all I have to do to out you, is interrogate all the heavy drinking soccer fans in the UK.

"United!......United!.........Now then pal!......What size bra do you take?"

(This could prove to be an interesting Summer.)

I can narrow it down further for you Julie - I don't support a "United" :D

RebeccaLynne
04-12-2006, 05:01 PM
If men could only set aside their societal indoctrination of "proper maleness" long enough to at least slip into a pair of panties, we'd experience an overwhelming addition to our ranks. Like opening Pandora's box, or letting the genie out of the bottle, I'd venture to say we might well become the majority!

Julie York
04-12-2006, 05:28 PM
I can narrow it down further for you Julie - I don't support a "United" :D

County! County!

But back on topic. What's the topic again?

SherriePall
04-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Deborah -- That means we can eliminate David Beckham's former team -- Man U? Back to subject, I agree, we see what we want to sometimes. I guess if you don't overtly act femme, the little signs don't add up.

Shelly Preston
04-12-2006, 06:44 PM

Many a true word spoken in jest

Laurie Ann
04-12-2006, 07:46 PM
What are you crazy girls talking about. United, Man U, County what the heck are they. BTW football is football soccer is well I don't really know what soccer is.

Rachel Morley
04-12-2006, 11:18 PM

Pretty funny Deborah :) :) I toally agree with you about "People only see what they want to". I know I can get away with murder :)