PDA

View Full Version : Any educators out there?

Allison2018
01-04-2023, 10:01 PM
Wanting to hear your opinion on underdressing while at work.
Personally I keep those two words separate. The current political environment with teachers being labeled as pedophiles and groomers, and the attacks on LGBTQ literature makes me nervous and not wanting to throw any more fuel on the fire.
Plus I only having four minutes between classes to use the restroom and panties and or lingerie doesn't lend itself to a quick trip to the bathroom.

JulieC
01-04-2023, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't recommend doing it. A slight, accidental exposure of femme undergarments or otherwise being detected is going to be noticed by one of your students. You will be outed. I would imagine the stress of not knowing if you've been detected, etc. would detract from your teaching. Further, unless you have nobody (spouse, kids) depending on your income, you are threatening their financial security by underdressing. I don't think it's worth the risk.

I do occasionally underdress at work, but my circumstances are decidedly different, and risk of detection is very, very low.

Geena75
01-04-2023, 11:27 PM
I did try underdressing with pantyhose one time. I found it too distracting, and I needed to keep focused. Otherwise, it felt good (as always).

abby054
01-05-2023, 01:11 AM
Like Geena, I tried underdressing with pantyhose long ago. Too distracting. It is difficult enough keeping up with these kids. They are smart. Any clue, however slight, will out me and then I become a walking distraction. BTW, My students are mostly in the 19 to 26 age range.

Stephanie47
01-05-2023, 02:08 AM
My wife is a retired elementary school teacher. Even in the great liberal Pacific Northwest educators do not like distractions. It is hard enough to keep the kids in line without causing a teacher inspired distraction. If you're going to chance it, I'd think twice about the fall out that may occur in less liberal areas of the country; Anybody for Drag Queen Storybook Time?

Sherry Ann Evans
01-05-2023, 02:59 AM
I teach at a university. Last summer, I got rid of all of male underpants (except one emergency pair) and started wearing panties daily. I love it! I'm not concerned about anyone seeing, because I always wear an undershirt and button-down shirt at work, tucked securely into my pants.

Kris Burton
01-05-2023, 04:02 AM
I'm a retired music educator. I am not at all concerned about venturing into the community en femme, but I cannot imagine teaching a class or private student while dressed. I have so separated my male and female personas that to do it would be like two worlds colliding, and the distraction to both myself and students would detract from the teaching and learning at hand.

lmildcd
01-05-2023, 04:23 AM
I was an adjunct at a community college but I wasn't cross-dressing at the time.

Helen_Highwater
01-05-2023, 04:36 AM
Avoid like the plague!

You've already spelled out all the reasons not to. Go with your own sound advice.

CeCe
01-05-2023, 05:10 AM
I agree with most of the comments here. Underdressing to work was a temptation at one time, but I reasoned that it would be best to save all my underdressing for after school hours and on weekends.

alwayshave
01-05-2023, 07:49 AM
Not an educator, but I have worn Vanity Fair Illumination Hi-cut panties for years. They're not lacy and therefore unless you wore pink, no one could say you were wearing women's panties.

MsEva
01-05-2023, 09:31 AM
I am a now retired educator, 43 years in education. I can think of only a few times I had underdressed in all that time. Yes it is too distracting. Now when I got home all bets were off.

Majella St Gerard
01-05-2023, 11:49 AM
I under-dress everyday and it is nobody's business and it is not against the law. If people are taking a peak at your underwear while you are using the restroom, then they are the problem, not the cross-dresser. Anyone got a problem with my choice of undergarments can speak with my lawyer.

April Rose
01-05-2023, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=Allison2018;4625054] current political environment

Those three words are reason enough for anyone who is a teacher not to do it. Something happens and the right set of parents get involved, your life could turn hellish very quickly.

Cheryl T
01-05-2023, 03:49 PM
It depends on the level of your underdressing.
I don't understand how panties make bathroom usage an issue. I've been wearing them exclusively for nearly 20 years and have never had an issue in that regard. Of course if you're wearing pantyhose as well or something more than just regular panties that's another issue.
I'd avoid anything more than panties. Bras can be easily noticed, stockings might be seen in certain circumstances and anything else would just be flaunting chance.

NancySue
01-05-2023, 04:38 PM
I avoided underdressing for many of the same reasons mentioned. On occasion, thanks to the PF, when I had my own office, I?d wear panties. And, yes, it was distracting. I?m now retired and have made up for lost time.

jacques
01-05-2023, 06:57 PM
hello Alison,
I have worn black cotton panties to work at a University for years, nobody noticed and they did not slow my visits to the toilets.
luv J

BTWimRobin
01-05-2023, 07:41 PM
As a former educator there is no way the kids, especially the girls, are not going to notice and possibly call you out on it. If they don't say anything there's a good chance you will become the subject of cafeteria conversation. Eventually it will get to the administration, and you will get called into the office. Be sure to have your union rep on speed dial. Once the administration paints a target on your back, you might as well kiss your career goodbye. I've seen it happen to several of my colleagues. I would do everything in my power to fly below the radar and not bring any unnecessary attention to myself.

Just my 2 cents.

docrobbysherry
01-05-2023, 08:44 PM
Old saying, "Don't buy your meat where u get your bread!":thumbsup:

LydiaL
01-05-2023, 09:07 PM
After a stint as a Student Teacher, I taught 7th and 8th graders for one full year in an inner-city school. Likely educated some successfully in the General Sciences. Others, not so much :straightface:

I did not underdress in those days so no issues.

L

VtVicky
01-05-2023, 10:23 PM
I've been a teacher at many different levels since the 60's. My answer to your question is simple...NOT IN A MILLION YEARS.

Something as simple as slipping and falling can get you exposed when the EMT's arrive. Even a hint of something, in the current environment, can absolutely destroy your career....forever! (And, I don't think Tenure will save you either.)

VtVicky

Pantyfan
01-07-2023, 11:56 AM
I?m not a full time in the classroom teacher but I?m heavily involved in education (USA) grades 6-12. I do not dress in any way for work, and keep those very separate. Kids of all ages notice everything, and its not something I want to complicate my professional relationships or effect employment.

Now that being said I have underdressed a few times over the years, but I knew it was very low risk and for short duration. Only way I?d do it again is a simple black panty that you couldnt tell the difference between male/female.

Its too small of a world, everyone knows everybody in this line of work.

JennyOpalstar1
01-07-2023, 03:14 PM
I would add my 2-cents' worth here, if I may:

I live in Southern Ontario, Canada, and I am a rotary French and Music teacher, full-time.
My school is in a smaller community outside of where I live. Small town.

I have been wearing panties pretty regularly for the past couple of years now. Panty-hose / leggings are a great inner layer for the colder days too.

I have a moderate collection of bras, many of which I have had for a while. 3 or 4 exercise bras, underwired+formed cups, a really nice bralette that used to be part of a sexy set..... I make it a point to choose a bra that does not present itself through my work clothes too much. (truth be told, if there is any additional roundness on my chest, it is usually taken as naturally larger "moobs". Having a gut adds to that, too)

I have a 1-hr commute to and from work, so I insert breast-forms while I drive, removing and stowing them when I get to work / home.

Longer post than I had thought, but bottom line is that you have to gauge your work environment carefully as to how tolerant your administration/co-workers are (I, myself, would not ever go full fem, barring special circumstances, like a Spirit day where the boys dress as girls, that sort of thing)....and choose underclothing that will not reveal itself accidentally.

IMHO, if you are able to keep your outer layers acceptable to your environment, then there is nothing that says you should deprive yourself of the feel of feminine undergarments.

Joanne108
01-07-2023, 03:51 PM
I don?t want to be distracted at work! When I am at work I am focused on my work. When I am home and it?s my day the I dress. I just keep my work professional.

TAG
01-07-2023, 03:59 PM
If a slight panty peek by a student happens well it will be all over school by the end of the day.
More than likely there will be a video taken and posted to tic tok.

Jennifer03
01-07-2023, 07:18 PM
I teach college and I just underdress. No bra, but occasional leggings when the whether is cold. In the 4 years I have been there no one has said a word or noticed that I am aware of. The college has all types so I doubt they would care if they did notice.

Vintage4sarah
01-08-2023, 06:08 AM
I am now fully retired from my career in education. I look back on those experiences and accomplishments with a lot of pride and good feelings. You are always in the public eye as well as engaged in shaping and teaching young minds. As a result of this, I never toyed with being enfemme or underdressing while working with students. I can fantasize about being enfemme a lot (past and present), but I would never do something to jeopardize my career and family, or cast a negative image on my profession and the transgendered community. Even living and teaching in an open minded part of the country there is always someone waiting to negatively pounce on our profession or the LGBTQ community.

Crissy 107
01-08-2023, 06:57 AM
I am not an educator but can totally understand about not wanting to jeopardize one’s career. In the climate out there today why risk it.
Just my 2 cents

Linda Stockings
01-08-2023, 05:04 PM
I used to teach at universities (about 15 years). Most of it was in a small college town in a very conservative area. I only underdressed on a few days when I was researching in my lab and had no teaching to do. However, with the attitude I see today of some parents, I would not recommend even that. Not nowadays. And, as mentioned earlier, I fell down a flight of stairs. Not hurt, but had I been underdressed, and hurt, who knows what the outcome may have been?

Linda

OrdinaryAverageGuy
01-08-2023, 08:20 PM
I'm not officially a teacher, in a school, but I would be warry of doing anything that might make the masses make me look like a pervert in such a setting. Too bad, but that's where the world is these days, everyone's on a witch hunt.

BUT I've taught many a young man and a few young women a trade that's quite masculine. Almost all of these people respect me because of me. If they were to see that I'm wearing a thong I'd laugh it off and make fun of them for not. They've seen me in sandals, toe ring and all. I treat them good, they treat me good. If they were to see me in a skirt they'd laugh, I'm sure, but I believe they'd show up the next day anyway and still respect me.

As to your question, if you're in a public school and got outed you might wind up on the evening news, whereas I'll just get some good jokes thrown on me. Good luck with your decision.

rebeca_abigail30
01-08-2023, 09:49 PM
While not directly in educating our youth, I am a bus driver, and only underdress occasionally and only for our take home runs, and then ONLY in the winter so that I have extra layers on

Michala
01-11-2023, 04:57 PM
As with most of the others I would not suggest dressing in a school setting. Too many possibilities of problems that no one needs. One time I did wear a bra under a pretty bulky sweater while at a meeting of other administrators, no students. At the noon break I did go to my room to take the bra off. Became too worried about someone touching my back while greeting. The worry took away the enjoyment.