PDA

View Full Version : There is a value attached to dressing at least I thnk so

Bobbi46
01-11-2023, 08:29 PM
Is there a value to dressing? is there a meaning to it all?
I have wondered this on and off and come to think that yes there is in that where meaning comes in is what there is dressing to the individual . What drives one and so forth.
The value to it is quite another thing. The value of how much one has spent in getting to where one wants to be; By my take on value is in another direction.
I"came out" a good few years ago to mixed reception, lost some friends but kept a lot more, some hostility from my son but not my daughter. But my main point in regarding these values, is in what I have gained "ACCEPTANCE".
I rapidly found accceptance in my little hamlet (11 all french people) but more importantly I found slowly but surely a higher a level of aceptance in the town where I got to do my main shopping; I gained more friends there espec ialy in the LGBT community, ones I got to know, strangers now acknowledge me in the street, my dressing from being a case of "who is this" to now " oh hi Bobbi how are you" and so forth.
I have got a favourite cofee shop and during the hot part of our summer I was greeted there witha " sexy Bobbi ".
This where I think value comes in, the value of friends and aquantancies all accepting you for both who and what you are.
In my case " I have arrived" and what i have got generally I appreciate and value very highly indeed.
I am fortunate in what I have I guess I am.

Geena75
01-11-2023, 09:38 PM
Your words are of someone who has found themselves in a good place. I sort of understand how you feel. Although I have not "come out" to friends and family, I have reached out to the CD community in a not to distant city and have made several friends. To them I am just Geena, a nice CD'r and they like my company just as I am. Not sure if I'm living a dream or fantasy in those times, only that it feels so refreshing. Still, the value I have for that is dwarfed by the value of my regular life and friends. I could not bear to lose either, so I will just try and continue a two-phase life.

GretchenM
01-12-2023, 07:09 AM
I am sure dressing has a lot of meaning for each of us, but it probably varies a great deal. It is an expression of who we are and how we view our fit in the world. You have definitely "arrived" at a special place where it all pretty much flows together. It seems that you have found a place to live that is mostly occupied by people who are very accepting of the differences we all have, even big differences. Gaining that acceptance is not just a great step for you but is also a credit to the fine people you associate with. "It takes two to tango," goes the saying. I think you are probably very natural and are not out to impress or make a statement. You are just you and people appreciate that and you also accept others for who they are. A treasure for sure.

Stephanie47
01-12-2023, 11:10 AM
I have to agree with Ursula that suppressing one's feelings and needs is not healthy. A certain amount of angst builds up when one cannot freely enjoy life. When I was decades younger there was always a time when I was "grabbing a crumbs of time" when my wife had the kids away from the house for several hours; usually the nursery attendant at a church on Sunday morning. It was hectic. When the kids were gone from the home and my wife was working I enjoyed full days emulating June Cleaver. Then my wife also retired and I am back to "grabbing at the crumbs of time." It is not a suppressive as decades ago, but there is still a unfulfilled need.

Brianne_bc
01-12-2023, 03:36 PM
the value I get from underdressing daily is its a great stim ( im autistic ) I feel good and in winter stockings are nice and warm.

Fiona_44
01-12-2023, 04:30 PM
Bobbi,

You are indeed very fortunate and have arrived in a great place both physically and emotionally. In another post somewhere recently I commented that I considered my cross dressing a gift as it has changed my life for the better, put me in a wonderful frame of mind and helped me get through some tough times over the past year. So I personally find it to be of immense value.

Fiona

Debbie Denier
01-12-2023, 05:47 PM
The value is a calming and relaxing experience.

alwayshave
01-13-2023, 05:54 PM
Debbie, I'm with you. I feel the same.

Maid_Marion
01-13-2023, 07:30 PM
I went from not being able to buy clothes that fit properly to having great fitting outfits for any occasion.
I'm much more confident socially and it helps me a lot.

Marion

Lisa516
01-13-2023, 07:47 PM
Being able to walk on the wild side is I think is a gift for me. To step out and gain a different perspective and look from a different place is awesome. The comfort of the clothing can help relax.

April Rose
01-15-2023, 09:40 AM
There is a feminine "ME" that, while it can be expressed in other ways,is never so well or succinctly expressed as it is when I am wearing a dress.