PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Conference March 22 through March 26

Sometimes Steffi
01-18-2023, 04:38 PM
In Harrisburg, PA.

I won't say that all your dreams will come true.

I will say that you'll accomplish some of your bucket list items.

I can't remember if this will be my 10th or 11th time there.

My wife knows that I go there every year. While she doesn't like it, she tolerates as long as it's, "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil". That's a compromise that I can live with.

If you have any questions, post them here. My PM history is usually full.

audreyinalbany
01-18-2023, 04:58 PM
tried o access he schedule yesterday an got a message saying "schedule will be posted January 1st"

Di
01-18-2023, 07:21 PM
Here is the link for. Info and signup, newletter ect.

https://www.keystone-conference.org/

Looks like a lot of our ladies from here are going.
I can’t wait to hear all about it!

Sometimes Steffi
01-18-2023, 09:21 PM
I just signed up this morning.

I am the Keystone Conference Point of Contact for one of the local DC CD/TG/TS Meetup groups.

Just checked and we have 8 girls signed up already.

To 4 days of all girl all the time.

Fiona_44
01-19-2023, 03:33 PM
I'll be at Keystone for the full conference. My first time there.

Brandybea
01-19-2023, 05:05 PM
Thanks…I registered today! My first time attending.

Raychel
01-20-2023, 02:42 PM
Can't say that I would not love to go.
But the courage to step out the door is just not there for me.
Maybe some day. I am always so envious of those that do get to go

Sometimes Steffi
01-21-2023, 01:19 PM
Raychel

All it takes is a "Fearless" pill.

If you were to go, you could stay in boy mode until you checked into the hotel. If you wanted, you could just partake of activities offered in the hotel and not go out at all. I don't recommend that, but you could do it.

No matter what, you could arrange it so that you were always protected by a group of 30 girls.

Think about it this way. There could be 500+ girls attending Keystone. Add in meals, conference room, etc., and it must be a pretty substantial revenue. I kind of imagine that the hotel management has "The Talk" with the staff and explains to them how important it is to be nice to their guests, no matter how they might look or how they might dress. While this is a new hotel for Keystone, I've never had any issues with any of the hotel staff. They always treat us well.

Consider checking in at the front desk, you look kind of like a dude, but with long pink lacquered nails, and your reservation is in your girl name, your credit card is in your boy name and you don't look like the pic on your driver's license at all. If the credit card goes through your in. Full speed ahead.

What's not to like. I can meet and greet newbees. I'm the co-organizer for the DC Meetup group contingent and were already at 10+ girls.

Sometimes Steffi
01-24-2023, 01:53 AM
I'm one of the organizers for the DC girls Meetup for Keystone.

We currently have 15 attendees registered.

S. Lisa Smith
02-02-2023, 10:26 PM
Glad to see a lot of girls coming to Keystone. It is a magical event at a new venue this year. This will be my 6th time and I love it!!!

mykell
02-03-2023, 06:26 PM
do you still have a contact at the other hotel....

S. Lisa Smith
02-03-2023, 06:38 PM
No, I don't. In any event, Keystone has moved to downtown Harrisburg. There is a hotel that is about a 10 minute walk from the main hotel which is much cheaper. I gave the link to Michelle Crossfire who is a member of this forum, so you wouldn't be alone. :) https://www.hotels.com/ho125687/quality-inn-riverfront-harrisburg-united-states-of-america/?chkin=2023-03-22&chkout=2023-03-26&x_pwa=1&rfrr=HSR&pwa_ts=1675467229349&referrerUrl=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaG90ZWxzLmNvbS9Ib3RlbC 1TZWFyY2g%3D&useRewards=false&rm1=a2&regionId=1429&destination=Harrisburg%2C+Pennsylvania%2C+United+S tates+of+America&destType=MARKET&sort=RECOMMENDED&top_dp=98&top_cur=USD&userIntent=&selectedRoomType=210908330&selectedRatePlan=383238920&expediaPropertyId=4319

The overflow hotel is The Crown Plaza which is nearby as well, if they have any rooms, I don't know they are 109 a night plus tax.
Good luck!!!!!

mykell
02-03-2023, 07:40 PM
TY....appreciated....

Kandi Robbins
02-08-2023, 06:51 PM
If you only are able to do one thing or event, this is clearly the best of them. It accommodates every conceivable level of comfort.

laurenchanning
02-09-2023, 03:08 PM
I?m going for the first time this year! Both excited and terrified? looking forward to making friends and meeting other girls like me.
Lauren

Di
02-09-2023, 04:45 PM
I?m going for the first time this year! Both excited and terrified? looking forward to making friends and meeting other girls like me.
Lauren

Don?t be terrified!
Maybe pm any of the girls to meet up .
Hope to hear all about it.

Sometimes Steffi
02-09-2023, 11:56 PM
I will meet up at the Keystone Conference with anyone interested who would like a helping hand.

But, the Keystone Conference does sponsor an "official" helping hand.

I am kind of a packrat with my PM inbox, and it is almost always full. So please don't PM me. Express yourself here and I will contact you. We are all friends, and that isn't creepy. However, don't post personally identifiable information like you phone number in this forum.

One year, someone from here organized a contact list so we could all meet when there.

MonicaPVD
02-13-2023, 01:40 PM
Is anyone from the New England area going to Keystone this year? I've never been and am considering going Friday and Saturday. If I go solo, I'll fly. If there are any takers for a road trip, I'd be happy to drive the 5 hrs from my place. I just hate to drive alone.

Kandi Robbins
02-14-2023, 06:17 PM
Lauren

Find me, I will be happy to help you relax. Remember, there are many of us, all in one hotel, all valued by everyone there.

Kasey101
02-15-2023, 09:47 AM
Be safe and keep us updated! Looked it up and seems really interesting hopefully I will catch one next year. I saw ATL has one but honestly the budget does not allow it. :battingeyelashes:

laurenchanning
02-15-2023, 10:21 PM
Really looking forward to it?it?ll be fun to be able to spend so much time en femme, and meet other sisters.
Lauren

MsEva
03-03-2023, 02:13 PM
Ah so wishing to go! So do all you girls go shopping first to find cute stuff for the event? I am so green with envy.

Sometimes Steffi
03-03-2023, 03:02 PM
Due to COVID, I was unable or unwilling or unable to go out at all, especially as Steffi.

But that doesn't mean I stopped shopping. I really needed some retail therapy from time to time, so I bought a lot of clothes that I haven't gotten to wear yet. However, the Saturday Night Gala calls for a cocktail dress or an evening gown. I have several on my eBay list, but I haven't pulled the lever yet.

And, you can still come to Keystone. Soccer Moms are definitely allowed.

Di
03-03-2023, 06:24 PM
Counting down the days ladies? I am so excited for you.

Fiona_44
03-04-2023, 05:06 PM
Yes I am Di, 18 days left! This is my first time there and I am very psyched, can't wait to get there.

Di
03-05-2023, 09:13 AM
Fiona,
How fun your first time!
Enjoy every minute and hope to hear all about it.

Michelle Crossfire
03-06-2023, 09:46 AM
I am going. It will be my 3rd time and booked a reservation at the hotel that Lisa Smith mentioned.

johnna
03-07-2023, 07:03 PM
Counting the days as well!! :) Although I attended multiple Southern Comfort conferences in Atlanta and Fort Lauderdale, this will be my first Keystone… finally! :cheer: :cheer:

Can’t wait to see you all there!! MAYBE we can get together for a group photo for all the CD.com girls or possibly sit together for Saturday’s dinner?!? :thinking:

See you soon!

:love:

char GG
03-07-2023, 09:07 PM
That would be fun to see a group photo! I hope you all have a blast.

Kris Burton
03-08-2023, 07:32 AM
I'll be there too - a first timer, a newbie! I am so psyched and looking so forward to meeting so many of you in person! Meetup Saturday evening and photo? Count me in!:)
See you soon
Kris

Fiona_44
03-09-2023, 04:43 PM
I am up for a group photo as well. We just need some way to coordinate it and know exactly who will be there.

Fiona

GretchenJ
03-09-2023, 09:47 PM
I will be there for Wednesday evening through Saturday morning, my third visit, and my first visit in over 5 years. I am very excited to catch up with the many people I have met there both from this forum and outside of this forum.

My only regret that I won’t be meting up with the moderators who can not attend, they have been good friends and my support system throughout some low times. Especially you Di !

Di
03-10-2023, 03:44 AM
Gretchen, I wish I was going it would be wonderful to meet you and everyone.
Hope you have a fantastic time,
Hope to get details from everyone :) I will be thinking about you all enjoying yourselfs,

Kandi Robbins
03-12-2023, 04:20 PM
I will be there and for those sisters that have never been, I will be very happy to help you navigate the experience.

To any readers of https://kandis-land.com/, find me! I will be delighted to buy you a cocktail!!

It's an amazing week.

JamieG
03-14-2023, 06:18 PM
Looking forward to Keystone this year. I haven't been in three years and have really missed it. I can't wait to catch up with old friends and make new ones. If you see me there, don't be shy. Say "Hi" and that you recognize me from the forum.

Sometimes Steffi
03-14-2023, 11:01 PM
We should pick a time and place to meet up.

Since it's a new venue, it's hard to pick a place.

I propose 5PM Friday night at the front desk.

Group picture anyone?

Natalie5004
03-15-2023, 12:36 PM
I am upset that I am not going this year.

Next year I am going.

Michelle Crossfire
03-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Find me, I will be happy to help you relax. Remember, there are many of us, all in one hotel, all valued by everyone there.

Kandi, you are going again this year??

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to Keystone this year. I haven't been in three years and have really missed it. I can't wait to catch up with old friends and make new ones. If you see me there, don't be shy. Say "Hi" and that you recognize me from the forum.

I remember you from about 3 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

GretchenJ, going this year. I remember you from several years ago

Fiona_44
03-16-2023, 03:20 PM
Steffi,

Friday 5PM at the front desk it is. I will be there.

Fiona

Kris Burton
03-17-2023, 09:40 PM
Friday 5PM front desk sounds good to me as well Steffi!:)
Kris

Leasa Wells
03-19-2023, 09:24 AM
I’ll coming in on Wednesday till Sunday I am up to meeting.

Pm if you need my phone number

johnna
03-19-2023, 04:46 PM
Group picture anyone?

See you there!

Samantha2015
03-27-2023, 09:23 PM

Group picture anyone?

And here is the picture
great meeting everyone there :battingeyelashes:

Di
03-28-2023, 08:17 AM
Awww thanks for the picture!
It is lovely
Can’t wait to hear all the details :)

Jenn A116
03-28-2023, 08:36 AM
Thanks for posting the picture! Do you know who is who? It would be nice to put a board name with each.

Oh, and I'm struck by the image of the girl on the left. That could easily be me, except I was 1000 miles away.

char GG
03-28-2023, 10:55 AM
Thanks for posting the picture. Lovely to see all of you.

JamieG
03-30-2023, 08:40 AM
Thanks for posting. To answer Jenn's question, I don't know everyone's board names, but Sometimes Steffi is at the far right. I am behind and to the left of her. Samantha 2015 is in the back row and centered.

johnna
03-30-2023, 09:57 AM
Thanks for posting. To answer Jenn's question, I don't know everyone's board names, but Sometimes Steffi is at the far right. I am behind and to the left of her. Samantha 2015 is in the back row and centered.

Hi Everyone- It was great meeting you all!! :koc: Thank you Samantha for prepping the picture for us!!

Here is what I know from left to right (we are missing one UserID):

Michelle Crossfire
Johnna
Kandi Robbins
Laurenchanning
Samantha2015
Brielle from PA (badge name doesn't match a UserID)
JamieG
Leasa Wells
Sometimes Steffi

:hugs: :hugs:

Leasa Wells
04-04-2023, 08:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

I know each of us had our own reasons for attending the Keystone Conference, I wish to share mine. Over the years in my transition I had to look in many places for my medical answers. And even though I came to transition later in life I had little social contact with people in my community. Keystone offered me socialization in an organized event.

I attended many workshops and found each of them worth while, it gave me an opportunity to ask question on various subject and compare them to what I had experienced. The lunches and and the banquet were very uplifting.

The Social side of thing is where I struggled. Their seems to be many people who use the conference to dress up and is a safe place. In my opinion it doesn't seem to free them from still feeling closeted. I did see a few people that I met feel better after a few days but not many. The people who have come year after year had made connections with other people seem to organize social activities outside the conference.

In closing I don't think I would go to as many workshops (did four a day), and plan some activities to relax and hopefully make friends. I am glad we had a chance to meet up and take pictures. I would be interested on other feel about the conference.

Love you all
Leasa

Fiona_44
04-04-2023, 03:05 PM
Leasa,

This was my first Keystone and I had a blast. I went to a couple of workshops but had little interest in most of them. I am not closeted and live virtually 100% of my life as a woman and I was intent on meeting and socializing with as many gals as possible in order to expand my circle of CD friends and acquaintances. Keystone was perfect for that.