PDA

View Full Version : Who adopts feminine mannerisms

AmyJordan
01-18-2023, 05:35 PM
Hi everyone. Just wondering who of us take on feminine movements or mannerisms when dressed or who is just comfortable and content to simply wear womens clothes. At the start of my journey my wife made it clear to me that she didn't just want "John Wayne in a dress" she wanted me to emulate a woman as much as possible to match the appearance, so I spent many hours learning to walk in ever increasing heel heights, posture instructions, sitting legs together, bending at the knee legs together or at the waist legs straight to pick something up, I don't put on a female voice as such but have found that in time I spoke much more softly so it is much less manly. Do you live the life when dressed? and what have you found difficult.

Lana Mae
01-18-2023, 06:01 PM
Amy, as a transwoman, a lot of this came naturally! Worked up to 4" heels! Learned the walk and that made me forget how to walk like a male! Picked up posture and bending at knees/waist, etc quickly! Female voice is hardest!
After coming out to my daughter, she said well you put your hands on your hips like a woman! She also stated that her mom thought I would have been happier as a girl! I was not dressing yet! It is a wonderful journey! Enjoy! Hugs Lana Mae

JulieC
01-18-2023, 06:18 PM
It's an interesting question! There's a motion lab stick figure thingy on the web somewhere that allows you to see how women walk and men walk, and use a slider to move between the two. It's interesting to see the differences. From that, I've consciously taken on more feminine characteristics in walking. It's a mode shift, a conscious thought. Men's bodies aren't designed to walk like women, but I try to emulate the walk. Other mannerisms? No, and I haven't put much thought into it.

Lucy B
01-18-2023, 06:24 PM
Amy,
I’ve definitely started picking up female mannerisms since I’ve been dressing regularly.
During my working day when dressed at home I sometimes lapse and find that I tell myself off.
The voice is the hardest bit for me. I’ve been practicing since the urge to go out has arrived, but it’s hard work!
Like you I think I’ll end up just speaking more softly

Brandybea
01-18-2023, 07:06 PM
Yes I definitely try to perfect feminine mannerisms and speech. I practice walking and when I travel, my long walks through the airports allow me some time to work on my stride, hip movement, arm swing, etc. There are 2 challenges for me. First, is perfecting a more feminine voice. I have been told my voice is OK, but want to improve. Second is when I?m out for a while and comfortable, I feel like I forget and revert back to my male ways..only to catch myself. I think I just need more practice out in the real world!

CrossKimmy
01-18-2023, 07:31 PM
I?ve absolutely adopted these traits and movements. I?ve even caught myself doing them in guy mode. It definitely comes naturally to me.

Sometimes Steffi
01-18-2023, 08:58 PM
Do I adopt feminine mannerisms? My first answer is nope, I'm still me in a dress.

But, I do:

1. Sit with my legs together
2. Put my hands demurely on my lap just sitting
3. Pull my skirt under my butt when sitting
4. Walk into a room standing tall, "tits first"
5. Moving my hands when I talk
6. Bending down to pick something up off the floor, not bending over

Sometimes it's even forced by what we are wearing, for example

1. You have to get out of a car differently when wearing a skirt or dress, spin then move both legs together, no one leg at a time
2. Keep a stride length commensurate with skirt spread. I still remember how I had to shorten my stride length when wearing a midi jean skirt.

Probably many others that don't come to mind.

So, do you think that I'm adopting girl's mannerisms?

Steph_CD_62
01-18-2023, 09:20 PM
I didn't think I did, but according to my wife my mannerisms do change when I am dressed up.

docrobbysherry
01-18-2023, 09:48 PM
Zip, nada, nunca, zero! Except for walking, dancing, and sitting in heels and skirts!:battingeyelashes:

Unlike u, tho, I started with 5 1/2" spikes and worked down!:heehee:

(I can't get my feet into 6" heels!:doh:)

Geena75
01-18-2023, 10:13 PM
I know I do. Sometimes it's a conscious effort, but more often than not it's just a reflex from the clothes and getting made up. How I stand is often by choice, but my hand gestures are just how I am.

MarinaTwelve200
01-18-2023, 10:41 PM
It seems I , subconsciously, have limits. The MORE I make my self LOOK like a girl, the LESS I can make myself ACT or move like one.---I only can go so far. Oh, I can pose for photos, but the walk, movements and speaking are beyond me.

Yinlingyen
01-19-2023, 01:31 AM
I act totally feminine when dressed and even when not.
It has become part of my life now.
It is natural now for me to be a fem as I can where ever I am.

Patience
01-19-2023, 01:59 AM
I suppose I must do, but I'm not sure.

I feel that if I try to act more feminine, it'll look like I'm trying to act more feminine. I don't want to come across as phony or some kind of caricature. I feel doing that would defeat the purpose of presenting one's true self.

The one element I feel I can feminize consciously is my walk. I try to take shorter steps and walk more gracefully, although this is also partially affected by the kind of shoes I might be wearing at the time. I just let the other elements fall into place organically.

BrendaPDX
01-19-2023, 03:00 AM
Yep, that's me, I am very concuss of how I walk, sit, get into and out of the car, how I hold my purse..... Yep in girl mode I do the best I can, and at times I practice in guy mode.

Helen_Highwater
01-19-2023, 04:41 AM
Undoubtedly, I have an automatic switch that operates the moment I dress. Walking, sitting, just standing, all are done in a more femme way.

If out and about and interacting with muggles how I speak, not just voice but just as importantly what and how you say things alters. I've written this before:

Q. Have you got the time please?

Male; it's twelve twenty five.

Female; Time. Oh yes, let me see, oh goodness me is it really nearly half past twelve. Where did the morning go?

Females are ar more likely to have those little conversations. They will also are more eye contact and put far more inflection into what they're saying.

Hands play a big part in how women communicate using far more gestures when speaking.

So much for us to learn.

Debbie Denier
01-19-2023, 04:47 AM
Yes consiciously and unconconciosly I think. I wouldn?t want to be in breach of the trades description act.

Lorna
01-19-2023, 05:12 AM
Undoubtedly some feminine mannerisms are related to the structure of the female body (walking gait, presence of breasts, etc) but I think others are clothing-related. I notice, for example, that with most women wearing trousers most of the time, they are less inclined to keep knees together whien sitting. Similarly when picking an item up off the floor, they are more likely to bend down in the same way that a male would do. When wearing a skirt, keeping legs together when sitting is a learned "modesty" behaviour (girls are taught to sit that way) and we all know that, even in an easy skirt, bending down can be uncomfortably revealing to anyone behind. Walking in a tight skirt - or even a powerful girdle and stockings - can force a different stride length. Women in trousers can get in and out of cars just as easily as men but those who grew up accustomed to wearing skirts and dresses will have been schooled about how to exit a car modestly.
Cross-dressers can and do "enjoy" experiencing all these things and finding out what is required to be seen as female.

mbmeen12
01-19-2023, 06:08 AM
Durning the warmer months going for a walk with my gf she advise me how to walk to get the hips moving. Another time I needed to adjust my sitting at a gurls event. The gurl said I needed to cross my legs because of my short mini skirt ie too exposed....All teachable moments.....

Elizabeth G
01-19-2023, 06:34 AM
When I'm out out and about dressed my goal is to present as and be perceived as female to the best of my ability and that includes mannerisms as well as clothing.

Angela Marie
01-19-2023, 07:01 AM
When I was at a trans feminine group a few years ago the moderator told me after, after watching me in class, that my mannerisms were totally feminine.

Debs
01-19-2023, 07:25 AM
Over the years I have learned to walk one foot in line with the other when in heels, so automatically adopt this when out, this changes your whole manerism including how you hold your hands and move your arms, but have found that when Ive been out fully dressed for a few days say a weekend, when I remove my heels and go back to flats, I automatically change back to my normal walk, but it does take me a day or so to get used to the feeling of not wearing heels.so sometimes as your see your attire automatically changes your mannerisms.

GretchenM
01-19-2023, 07:33 AM
I do experience some shift in mannerisms when I feel more feminine which may or may not result in more obvious dressing. But they are fairly weak mannerism patterns. Mostly hand motion but also a little bit of the walk. Not many women around here wear heels except for more formal situations. But even then it is not common. I suppose I tend to use the same things my wife uses and she uses the same things I use. After 53 years together we have tended to merge into similar patterns.

To me mannerisms are not as big of a deal as the way you converse with others, as Helen says. It is not what you say, but the way you say it. Some women tend to end some sentences with a question mark even when a period is proper. Women are very relationship oriented and question marks, whether proper or not, tend to trigger conversation which develops relationship.

The walk is a tough one because the pelvic structure of women is very different than men for obvious reasons. Their legs attach at points further apart than with most men and that tends to create more of a swivel of the hips around the center of rotation which is the spine. With men the upper thigh motion is more back and forth while with women it usually forms an arc and how much is dependent on the width of the hip.

Talking with your hands is a female thing, but men also do that. But the nature of the motion is different. It is usually a more graceful and pronounced motion in women. I have noticed that much more masculine men don't use much hand motion unless they are drawing in the air. Sometimes they keep their hands in their pockets. And more women are like windmills. Head motion and position is also a distinction between men and women. Men use less; women use more.

To a limited extent mannerisms seem to be a bit more innate, but I suspect most are learned. Walk is the most innate because it is a matter of biomechanics and anatomical differences.

Jillcder
01-19-2023, 07:39 AM
How great it must be to have your wife pushing you to be as feminine as possible. I did notice recently while sitting in the steam room at the gym how different I looked with my towel wrapped around my body legs crossed and hands in my lap in a lady like fashion so i yes I have adopted feminine mannerisms both dressed and male mode.

Jillian Faith
01-19-2023, 10:04 AM
Hi everyone. Just wondering who of us take on feminine movements or mannerisms when dressed or who is just comfortable and content to simply wear womens clothes. At the start of my journey my wife made it clear to me that she didn't just want "John Wayne in a dress" she wanted me to emulate a woman as much as possible to match the appearance, so I spent many hours learning to walk in ever increasing heel heights, posture instructions, sitting legs together, bending at the knee legs together or at the waist legs straight to pick something up, I don't put on a female voice as such but have found that in time I spoke much more softly so it is much less manly. Do you live the life when dressed? and what have you found difficult.

When dressed I always attempt to adopt graceful feminine movement and mannerisms, but sometimes ingrained masculine habits surface. My late wife, like yours always told me if I was going to dress like a women then I should act like a woman.

Cheryl T
01-19-2023, 10:20 AM
My mannerisms are feminine most certainly. The last thing I would want is for someone to see me as "John Wayne in a dress".
Also, since I've been dressing for so many years I actually must pay more attention to how I move when in drab than when dressed. My wife has even commented on how feminine I am as a woman. Since I retired and have been dressing more and more everything has become so very natural.

Just Dana
01-19-2023, 10:26 AM
I think it's the other way 'round for me. But, the male mannerisms have been in use so long, I'm not really sure what's what.

Dana

Vikky
01-19-2023, 11:11 AM
Absolutely I adopt feminine mannerism when dressed. Smooth a skirt under by butt when sitting down, knees together, sit sideways with the legs to one side sometimes with one foot under the other, hands on the lap, flicking hair from the face etc.
However, I am not sure about my walking nor my voice ? need to get practice.
Vikky

Stephanie47
01-19-2023, 11:13 AM
I think mannerisms come with the territory; some due to body structure and others acquired through the clothes you wear. Once at my local mall there were a group of young teenage girls who were wearing very high heels, and one was stumbling all over the place. They were having a lot of fun, but it was obvious they had never ever worn a super high heels. Maybe they were practicing for a high school prom. It was hysterically funny to watch.

Anyway, learning to NOT walk like a man is high on the list; Don't take long strides, throwing your big feel out there. Plenty of instructional Youtube videos for that.

Constantly, pushing that stray hair out of my face when I have my longish wig on.
Smoothing the back of my dress when I sit down.
Keeping my knees together when sitting.
Crossing my legs, knee over knee rather than stretched out at the ankles.
When getting into my car in a dress, sitting down facing out, first, then swiveling in, rather than sticking my right legs in first.
Bending at the knees when picking something off the floor and making sure the heel of my shoe does not step on the hem of my dress.

Adjusting a strap of a bra or slip without consciously thinking about it. Once I saw a GG reach under her dress and pull up her falling down thigh highs without missing a beat in her conversation with a friend; right in front of a crowd in a grocery store. To me, that was the ultimate in subconscious womanly mannerisms/behavior.

If I can think of others, I'll amend later.

Jessica Secret
01-19-2023, 01:28 PM
I definitely do as Jess, something about slipping into gorgeous lingerie that does it. :)

Sometimes Steffi
01-19-2023, 01:37 PM
Not getting your skirt caught in your panties after getting up after going to the bathroom.

Politely warning a GG if she were to do the same. You're both on the same team now.

Jenn A116
01-19-2023, 03:13 PM
I adopt some mannerisms simply as a function of being dressed. Things like sweeping the skirt underneath when sitting. Keeping the hair out of the way when eating. Walking in heels. Careful scratching a facial itch so as not to affect my makeup or poking an eye with my nails.

Natalie5004
01-19-2023, 03:40 PM
Let's just say that I do not chew my nails.

Fiona_44
01-19-2023, 04:13 PM
Amy,

Yes, I do adopt some female mannerisms when out to help make blending in and passing easier.

- I walk okay about 90% of the time and walk slower with shorter steps. Sometimes I unconsciously slip into a male walk but usually catch myself and switch back.
- I walk with the wrist of my free arm turned slightly outwards.
- When standing, my feet are closer together with one foot usually pointed off at an angle from the other.
- I always smooth my skirt/dress our when sitting down.
- I usually sit correctly but have caught myself a number of times sitting with my legs apart. Three different times at CD gatherings someone has reminded me to close my legs!
- My voice is what it is but I try to talk slower and softer. I also try to use my hands more when talking.
- I squat down when picking something up, never bend over.
- I always walk with an air of confidence anywhere I go.

Kris Burton
01-19-2023, 09:24 PM
I make sure to practice all of these qualities whether or not I am en femme. They are becoming second nature.

christine55
01-20-2023, 12:08 AM
TRYING to walk femme usually looks fake. Just take small steps and keep your elbows in works

Sandrajiggle
01-20-2023, 04:20 AM
An interesting and useful thread.
Bending the knees to pick things up or slide something into the oven.
It's so unnatural and something I am now actively trying to achieve.

JulieC
01-21-2023, 04:53 AM
I mentioned this walk modeler earlier. This is fascinating stuff. Here's the link for it: https://www.biomotionlab.ca/html5-bml-walker/

SaraLin
01-21-2023, 06:03 AM
I guess I do, after all, and I can give you a couple examples of things that surprised me when I did them.

My daughter-in-law came over to the house a few days back. I was dressed male - she doesn't know. As she and my wife were chatting, she mentioned that men sat with legs spread while women sat with the crossed. Yes, you guessed it, I was cross-legged. I made a big production of un-crossing my legs and we all got a laugh out of it, though I caught a quick, knowing, look from my wife.

I recently had the opportunity to fully dress (no makeup) at a friends house. I'll try to write about this in another posting.
He's known me for years and it was no big deal at all, but at one point he made a comment on my sandals. I went to put one foot on the arm of his chair so he could take a better look. In the process, I noticed that I was very careful to arrange my skirt so that I didn't give him a "free peek" or to show too much leg. It was automatic on my part and it was only as I was doing it that I realized what was going on.
H-m-mm. I guess I'm just not "that kind" of girl. :heehee:

I don't think that I so much "adopt" these things as it it that they are just a natural part of my being Sara.

I've also heard a couple people talk about how women put one foot more directly in front of the other when walking, while men don't. If this is true, then I "walk like a girl" - something I have been accused of a couple times. :idontknow:

Simple pleasures
01-21-2023, 06:32 AM
I consciously try to adopt feminine mannerisms when dressed. I do have a slight bow in one of my legs which frustrates me no end but I do think about where I place my feet when walking. I just don’t think it looks as feminine although I’ve spotted many GGs over the years with the same. My one strategy is to wear longer skirts/dresses to hide this fact. Voice is my biggest struggle.

Linda Stockings
01-21-2023, 06:54 AM
Hello everyone,

I realize I'm responding to this thread late in the game. It's been very interesting so far. With me, especially when dressing, I must keep in mind that feminine MANNERISMS are something I WANT to adopt when presenting that way. And if I WANT something like that, I will undoubtedly WISH to see what I WANT to see.

So, I think for me, WANTING and WISHING are a large part of it. Wish I could actually ACHIEVE the presentation I WISH I to present.

At 66, I'm still learning how all the changes that come with age affect both Linda and my cis male self. Neither can have the control of aging that I WISH for.

I hope I added a little.

Stay happy, stay safe,
Linda

Marcelo
01-21-2023, 10:21 AM
I have my fun but don't try to fool anyone. I think that helps me gain more acceptance when doing my cheerleader thing while officially volunteering for organized events. It also seems to keep participants and spectators entertained instead of offended. If I do display any feminine mannerisms, I do it in jest to be a good sport while playing the part.

There are a couple of ladylike things I do when dressed. One of those is sitting with my legs crossed knee over knee. There are some men who do that on a regular basis but most don't. Another thing I try to do is squat with my knees together when squatting. I'm pretty sure if anyone was facing me they could still catch a small glimpse of my panties but I think it's the proper thing to do.

As far as grooming goes, I most definitely make sure my legs are freshly shaved. I also shave my arms and pits if going sleeveless. I wear just enough makeup to look good and cover up my blemishes - again, being a good sport as a man dressing like a woman. I also do the tan in a can since I can't get a real tan and I'm quite fairly complected.

When I show up dressed to an event, I usually break the ice in my straightforward man voice by asking if my outfit makes me look fat. I'm surprised at how many people fall in love with what I do and sometimes want to follow me around like a puppy. Suits me fine!

Other than those things, I try to behave like a man. Despite that, I get a lot of comments that people thought I was a woman at first glance!

Cheers!
Marcy

Joanne108
01-21-2023, 01:47 PM
I noticed that when I dress and I am out I have those feminine mannerisms, then when I shift back to my normal everyday me I am a slob!

DrFishnets
01-21-2023, 05:19 PM
I?m in the process of learning female mannerisms as well as trying to keep my legs together when I?m sitting and getting up and standing from sitting and learning the hip sway when walking but it?s difficult with having the manly bits being on the large size.

sometimes_miss
01-21-2023, 06:43 PM
When I was a teen, I tried to do my best to behave as a girl, and emulate their mannerisms as best as I could. But after a while, it just felt like a pursuit of something that had no purpose. I wasn't going to become a girl, and I would never pass as a girl anyway. So trying to adjust myself to a life I'd never have, was just a waste of time. I'm just 'me'. The closest I get to emulating a GG, is being more careful with my hair (so it doesn't tangle or wind up in my food) or avoiding ruining my stockings or nail polish, or losing an earring or something. But sitting as girls do, I don't have the skeleton for that.

Vintage4sarah
01-22-2023, 05:57 AM
What a wonderful group of suggestions to enhance your female image out in public. All I can add is that to avoid trying to do this all at once, try in private a few at a time and keep practicing until it becomes more natural. When you are out whether at a small gathering or fully out in public it becomes easier to strut your stuff. Just be conscious of what you are doing.

Emily in the south
01-22-2023, 07:39 AM
I have found that some things come very natural for me. Walking, sitting, having more graceful movements. When in full girl mode, it changes my entire way of thinking, acting. When out dining for example, I tend to order smaller, lighter selections and different choices. I am always conscious of not messing up my lipstick when eating or drinking. Even my beverage selection changes.
The harder things already mentioned take time and practice, practice, practice. I try to pay attention the women around me, very helpful and entertaining.

Emily

Christie Camelle
02-01-2023, 07:48 PM
The mannerisms just come naturally for me when dressed, as do the voice and attitude. Years of walking in 4" to 5" heels have made my balance and posture better when I'm dressed as opposed to male mode. I definitely feel more "me" when I'm dressed. :)

DianeT
02-02-2023, 12:19 PM
Amy, while I can understand the rationale, your list of what is required to emulate a woman as much as possible is much too stereotypical and superficial for any genetic woman to recognize her own femininity in it. This is a crossdresser's fantasy of how to emulate women, not how to actually emulate women. I think most GGs cringe when reading these kinds of posts. Sorry, it's nothing against you, just that I read so many similar posts and each time have a thought for my wife reading that the essence of femininity is being a fragile thing. The average crossdressing lore (and count me in since I am a heels and pantyhose lover) is terribly misogynistic when you think of it.

AmyJordan
02-02-2023, 03:04 PM
Hi Diane I don't take offence at your post but equally don't think I'm being sexist or placing women in stereotypical roles. I don't generally see women sitting with their legs spread or squatting to pick something up and seeing women walking in heels with elegance and posture is far more common than seeing them walk like lumberjacks. I apologise if any GGs may be offended if my perception of male and female characteristics are out of date. I myself love women, the way they dress, the way they move and conduct themselves and there femininity it is that which my wife likes me to imitate.

Monique65
02-03-2023, 08:23 AM
When I am dressed, my wrists naturally flare out and I sway when I walk. It is hard not to act feminine, after all, that’s why I do it.

Genifer Teal
02-03-2023, 11:17 AM
Photos are a moment frozen in time. They don't do much to convey movement. When you are out in public everything you do paints a picture of who you are. How you move is just as important as how you look. I try my best to act the part as well as look the part.

jessicabf
02-03-2023, 05:23 PM
Hah. My SO just said yesterday that I was ?prancing? while dressed. I didn?t know what she was talking about? but apparently the mannerism was there. Now, was that a good Fem mannerism? *shrug*

DianeT
02-03-2023, 05:52 PM
Hi Diane I don't take offence at your post but equally don't think I'm being sexist or placing women in stereotypical roles. I don't generally see women sitting with their legs spread or squatting to pick something up and seeing women walking in heels with elegance and posture is far more common than seeing them walk like lumberjacks. I apologise if any GGs may be offended if my perception of male and female characteristics are out of date. I myself love women, the way they dress, the way they move and conduct themselves and there femininity it is that which my wife likes me to imitate.
I think the original sin here is that we tend to take postures mannerisms etc., which are things acquired by education, for femininity. But when GGs speak about their femininity (for example in older Ask-a-GG threads) it's something very internal, very much in their essence as a female, not an outer apparence or behavior. Like one once wrote, "I could walk the dog to the muddy hill under heavy rain with my hair soaked and still feel as much feminine as usual (or something along these lines). When I read that, I conclude that, yes, a women walking like a lumberjack can feel feminine too. In short, there is a perceived femininity that is a crossdresser (or male) definition, and actual femininity, which seems to be something very different. The problem is that men have long influenced (in fashion, in education) the social view of femininity, like the "eternel feminin" of haute couture, and this is in the end a men's creation (even if propagated by women too) that falls short of describing what it actually means for women themselves.

ellbee
02-03-2023, 06:08 PM
Footwear? Can we talk about something hopefully innocent-enough like footwear, please? :strugglin

I believe someone briefly mentioned it earlier, anyway... :heehee:

It eventually dawned on me recently, like the past couple weeks or so.

I suddenly realized: Wait, I'm not walking -- my *shoes* are doing the walking! :eek:

Probably started with my low-heeled military booties. Genuine leather, lace-up, feel like a hottie rock-star in 'em! :battingeyelashes:

It's like whenever I'm wearing them, I have this natural little strut going on, LOL. I think it was there all along, just that maybe I wasn't allowing myself to just relax & run with it. Well, something changed, and I just let it happen.

It's the booties. The way they're shaped, designed, fit. It causes one to walk a bit differently -- no matter who is wearing them.

Same thing with my genuine leather ballet flats. They cause me to move in a certain & different way. Dare I say... More *feminine*?? :confused2: Just the nature of the game.

Really, when you just allow yourself to "become one" with your hopefully-awesome-for-you footwear? You have a new spring to your step, literally! And that can definitely affect your mood & outlook -- as well as your mannerisms. :)

BustyOlivia
02-04-2023, 04:50 AM
I end up doing when I feel my nails get a tad longer. Makes me think of the times when Olivia is free

AmyJordan
02-04-2023, 09:58 AM
Hi Diane. I'm sorry your reply has confused me even more, maybe I'm just being dumb or don't think as deeply as you. Are you saying GGs are insulted by men trying to look like them, because my wife particularly would highly disagree as would hundreds of thousands who love Drag shows, RuPaul and others with partners they lovingly support or that we can't copy them because femininity is only possible in a woman's inner being ( that's abit to deep for me ) or that men should not only pick certain aspects of femininity I.e heels, make-up, mannerisms that appeal to us but instead also pick every other traits I.e trousers, no makeup, hoodie, swearing etc because there are some women who prefer that style and we shouldn't leave them out, in which case this forum will probably have a completely different audience. As I say maybe I'm being dumb.

Maid_Marion
02-04-2023, 10:08 AM
Folks who watch me walk gender me as female.

Marion

Larissa Cassandra
02-04-2023, 06:12 PM
Hi Diane. I'm sorry your reply has confused me even more, maybe I'm just being dumb or don't think as deeply as you.

Hi Amy. I agree with you. I also agree with Diane to a point, since as you have acknowledged, there's a lot of variety in the way women present themselves. In fact, my wife wears minimal makeup, never skirts, dresses, stockings or pantyhose, or heels, and often wears plaid button-down shirts or masculine looking golf shirts. However, as I think you would agree, we as crossdressers do it because we're strongly attracted to the most feminine aspects of how (dare I say) most women present themselves. Sure, most women don't dress up to go grocery shopping or to the hardware store, but some do! Even when dressed in what we might call "feminine drab" (sneakers, jeans, hoodie, no makeup, hair short or tied back), my observations are that they still have the feminine mannerisms we've discussed here, at least to a certain extent. So, IMHO, it shouldn't be offensive or misogynistic to notice that, and you're not dumb!

DianeT
02-04-2023, 10:01 PM
Amy, you're not dumb. And nothing wrong in trying to look the part, even if that part may be somewhat stereotyped*. My initial point was that talking about outer, superficial things like clothes and so-called "feminine" postures and behaviors to describe how to "emulate women as much as possible" is very reductive and can indeed be resented by some GGs.

*Although, if you go out like this, you will propagate these stereotypes.

phili
02-05-2023, 08:59 AM
Are you saying GGs are insulted by men trying to look like them,.

My observation is that secure women [as in attachment theory secure] and women who are very clear that feminine expression is a performance assigned to them and necessary for them to get by/succeed , but who do not identify it as their fortress- see and understand exactly what guys are trying to accomplish when crossing over. That said, my daughter choked up when she said I was adopting the pleasures without the burdens and confinements of being a woman is society!

For me the physical release of allowing my body to flow into the feminine expression is a huge need and wonderful part of the experience. I love the inner feelings and change in sense of mass and lightness on my feet. My wife used the same word prancing- since of course the walk is very much that of a show horse! It has its costs, like I would need a few milliseconds to get my heels off and fight the cave bear., and white dresses are really hard to clean, and people sort of wonder why I am not agreeing to the cost/benefit tradeoff offered me as a male.

I am also really aware of how and why so many women choose just to dress in neutral ways that don't exaggerate our sexuality. And aware that the general social approval of displaying feminine sexuality only extends to females.

To get back to your original question, I am aware when my feminine expression bleeds over into my masculine mode and usually I curb it. At that point I am more aware of the options that gender flexible men have- and I am more of the John Wayne mode- if I have to be a man I am gritty- - but more importantly I definitely identify as a woman so I'd rather express femininity from that foundation. That siad, I have inescapably morphed into a gentle and non John Wayne type of guy - and I am not sorry.

Joanne108
02-11-2023, 04:22 PM
I did not think I adopted feminine mannerisms until I recorded a video for my wife. She wanted to see me in my new outfit. When I reviewed the video, I noticed that I was using gestures and body posture, I was like I act totally feminine when I am dressed. My wife said ?shocking?.

MonicaPVD
02-11-2023, 04:48 PM
When I first started going out dressed, I tried to mimic female mannerisms and even change the pitch of my voice. I looked and felt like a parody. So I decided to just be myself, with the exception of how I walk, and just to speak a bit softer. That has worked best for me when interacting with women and men. Just today I was at a restaurant bar having lunch and had a lovely conversation with an older couple seated next to me. They were quite old and not very worldly, if you know what I mean, and they engaged me for an hour, to talk about everything and nothing. At the end the husband apologized for keeping me from my food. Just being myself.

MarinaTwelve200
02-11-2023, 09:29 PM
While I can POSE in a feminine manner, I can't really move and gesture like a woman. I would be the world's WORST female impersonator.---- I am not sure if I just do not have the skills to do it or if I am subconsciously "limiting" myself into not going "too far". While I can LOOK like a woman, I don't seem to be able to ACT the part.---Conversely, when I don't Look like a woman (As dressed in my male mode) I CAN affect female gestures, to a fair degree. My own psyche might be limiting how deep it will let me go into a female persona.