PDA

View Full Version : Twins?

livy_m_b
04-13-2006, 03:41 AM
Who is a twin? Fraternal or identical? And is your twin also ts/tg/cd? And have you seen any twin studies on ts/tg/cd?

My background - twin, but my twin died a couple weeks after birth, but always wondered. Twin studies have done a lot to identify/separate genetic/environmental effects, but I haven't seen any studies in ts/tg/cd twins.

A few weeks ago, Larry King had a program on tg's and one of his guests was a twin whose twin was not t* - just wondering how common that is.

Since this is likely to be a small population, let us know any information you have about twins and t* even if it's not about yourself.

Olivia

Joy Carter
04-13-2006, 03:43 AM
In the past I have seen two news stories on twin CD.

Annaliese
04-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Who is a twin? Fraternal or identical? And is your twin also ts/tg/cd? And have you seen any twin studies on ts/tg/cd?

My background - twin, but my twin died a couple weeks after birth, but always wondered. Twin studies have done a lot to identify/separate genetic/environmental effects, but I haven't seen any studies in ts/tg/cd twins.

A few weeks ago, Larry King had a program on tg's and one of his guests was a twin whose twin was not t* - just wondering how common that is.

Since this is likely to be a small population, let us know any information you have about twins and t* even if it's not about yourself.

Olivia
There was a post about a CBS report not to long ago about twins, they show two set of boy twins.
In one case one of the twins was gay and the other was stright they were in there 20's now. The other set were younger one was all boy had the tipical boys bed room and the other his bedroor was the tipical girls room pink and all and he had his nails painted pink.

Anna

Hope Underwood
04-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Hi first I should introduce myself I am Hope and live in North Mass age 55. My wife knows but do not want to see Hope and I do shop as Hope and have lunch with a trans gender friend often. Back to twins just Tues I was talking to my therapist and I asked her if she knew of a study of twins of different sex. I was thinking that if you brans are develop by chemicals from the adrenal glands would it not stand to reason in twin of different birth would one of the twin get the wrong chemical's in there brain for development?

Marla S
04-13-2006, 07:08 AM
You may find this short note interesting
http://www.mygenes.co.nz/Transs_stats.htm

livy_m_b
04-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Thanks, Marla. It is as complete a collection of information as I've seen. 7/17 twin pairs being "concordant", meaning both were transsexual, is certainly a much higher incidence than 1/30,000 which is the figure usually quoted for incidence in the population. That seems to indicate a very strong genetic (or intrauterine) influence. Although the commentary concludes that these facts indicate that tx is about 50% environmental, that conclusion seems to be just a hypothesis. The fact that 10/17 twin pairs were discordant could mean a number of things, ranging from tx being a multigene trait (which I would have thought it was) to it being socially influenced. Very interesting information.

TGMarla
04-13-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm a twin. Fraternal. As far as I know, my brother does not do this. I very much doubt that he does.

insearchofme
04-13-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm the same as Marla, fraternal twin whose brother doesn't dress. He doesn't know about me either.