PDA

View Full Version : Mammogram

Glenda58
02-17-2023, 02:01 PM
Got my first mammogram today. How many of you ladies have gotten one. I'm a 36B my doctor said I should get one. I will get the test back next week. At 75 I should have gotten one yrs ago.

Just saying if you have real breast you may need one.

Karren H
02-17-2023, 04:07 PM
That is awesome! At 36D, I really need to add that to the tests I already get annually! Have to talk to my endocrinologist next month.

Aunt Kelly
02-17-2023, 04:58 PM
Had my first several weeks ago. You can read about the experience (not exactly smooth) in the trans "body issues" section.

rachael j.
02-17-2023, 05:51 PM
I've had 2 or 3 in the last 7 years. Now I know why other women complain about them. Not really fun having your boob squished between two plates. So far no problems! A bit embarrassing standing there with your boob out in front of a stranger, but I'm glad I did it.

Lana Mae
02-17-2023, 06:18 PM
My GP wanted one but my endo mentioned it first! Endo had stated after 4 years of HRT or age 72! I will be 72 this June and 4 years up in Nov! GP to set up a Nov appt! Hugs Lana Mae

abby054
02-25-2023, 08:29 AM
I had a mammogram two months ago. Same reason as everyone else in the clinic. Suspected breast cancer. Same kind that killed my grandmother. I have a breast lump the size of my thumbnail and several more the size of peas. My breasts are naturally between an A and a B cup. I got the same procedure as the women. Contortion and squashed breasts to the point of minor pain in front of a woman technician. My lumps are near the breastbone edge. The technician pulled as much flesh as possible between the plates. It was awkward being a man in a place supposedly for women only. Even the sign on the door said women?s imaging clinic. I got some strange looks from the women in the waiting area as I arrived and waited but no strange looks from them coming out of the machines. Fortunately, my tests came out negative.

Diane P
02-25-2023, 04:46 PM
aby054 glad to hear that your mammorgram was negative. All cancer is nasty but breast cancer can be really nasty. Congrats again.

CynthiaD
02-25-2023, 10:53 PM
Yes, I’ve had one. It came out negative, thank goodness. I had a 3mm lump in my breast, which has since disappeared. Not fun.

Melony1968
03-01-2023, 10:24 AM
Since I had thyroid cancer 7 years ago my endocrinologist said I needed a yearly mammogram. My first time getting a mammogram was strange for me. The tech told me to take my top and bra off and put on a gown open to the front. Then she had me stand by this big machine and smashed my boobs between two plates. I've had 6 mammograms so far and all have been negative. I'm scheduled for another one in 3 months. The girl who does them is so sweet and makes me feel so comfortable. So girls if you have breasts go get a mammogram.

Jessica S
04-04-2023, 07:26 AM
Yes I had one. Had a lump the was aching. Told it was nothing and would be reabsorbed and it was.