PDA

View Full Version : At times still in disbelief

Maria 60
02-26-2023, 09:05 AM
This morning I wake up and uncover my sheets to the view of my full slip rode up to my waist exposing the view of the lace of the thigh high stockings. I get up and I'm in site of my full view mirror and I drop the top of the slip to my waist and start putting on my bra and forms. For some reason this morning Im looking myself straight in the eyes as I'm putting on my loop earrings and wig. I slip into my pink fluffy slippers and put on my silky long robe. I turn to my wife and she's laying in bed staring at me and she says "is the princess getting ready for a busy day". We laughed and then again look myself in the mirror and for some reason I get this feeling of disbelief of how I look and almost like it's the first time doing this. Excitement runs threw my body and just this strange feeling of even though I've been doing this for years for some reason this morning I get a feeling like I've been taking it all for granted all this time. I stood there staring at myself a few more minutes almost in disbelief. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever just had like a "POW" and you look down at yourself or your doing something fem and it's like you wake up and in disbelief at what your doing. This has happened to me a few time but nothing like this morning.

Sandi Beech
02-26-2023, 09:17 AM
POW is what my wife would do to me if I got caught sleeping in that. Haha. So no, but I do have times where I am in disbelief of some of my outings. I have certainly had some good times.

Sandi

ShawnaL
02-26-2023, 10:03 AM
I haven't experienced a "POW" quite like you described (under the circumstances you described), but VERY often it hits me how wonderful it is to be living my genuine self after keeping her locked inside for most of my life. I hope these feelings are always with you!
:hugs:Shawna

April Rose
02-26-2023, 10:08 AM
I can identify, Maria, It's cold in New England these days (14f this morning) so I'm in a flannel granny gown when I wake up. I suppose I sometimes take it for granted, but then, every once in a while, I'll look in the mirror and notice the gold hoops I wear 24/7, and think, "I can't believe I'm getting away With this!"

AmeeJo
02-26-2023, 10:17 AM
Every time I look at myself in the mirror or look at one of my photos, I get the same feeling. I love it!!

bridget thronton
02-26-2023, 10:29 AM
Sometimes when I am wearing something new that is unlike anything I have worn before

NancySue
02-26-2023, 10:59 AM
Could it be the Pink Fog blew in? I understand. It happens to me?often. I, too, dress daily and, yes, there are days, I look in the mirror and just smile. Ah, decisions, decisions. What a wonderful way to begin each day. Sometimes, during the day, I may change something?top, shoes, pants to skirt, etc.

Abbyru1
02-26-2023, 12:49 PM
I've been wearing nail polish for the last month and a half. I've let my nails grow since December and they are shaped very nicely. I find myself constantly staring at them. My wife isn't totally behind my girl side, and because the color is a bright purple/red, she's not said anything but I've seen her glancing at my hands a bunch. Win. Win.

Sometimes Steffi
02-26-2023, 12:51 PM
I often get a pedicure with color, as they say.

I wear socks all the time, because my wife would have a fit if she found out. But, I have to take my socks off to take a shower. One time I'm in the shower and look down at my feet with my toenails painted a bright red.

The first thing that pops into my head is, "Whose feet are those in the shower with me?". as if they weren't even mine. I come to my senses quite quickly and have a little laugh about it to myself.

NjJamie
02-26-2023, 01:03 PM
Maria, I did have a "POW" moment just yesterday. I had probably my best day out, felt just about as pretty and prepared as possible and simply went on a shopping/lunch outing. When I got to JC Penney's, I quickly crossed paths with a younger SA in the dress department who asked if I needed any assistance but then quickly added "I like what you've done with your hair!", so wonderful that not finding a dress I liked was not disappointing!

Then after two more stores, hunger set in so off to Panera, a place I'd never go as my guy self. While sitting and sipping my soup (probably not the most CD friendly meal item!) I had mostly forgotten about the fact I was CDing and when I saw a few other customers looking for open seats it hit me that they just see me as another customer and were almost ignoring a guy in a very stylish white blouse and black pants sitting among them. I swept my hair behind my head to one side so as to not get in the way, which is when the "POW" hit, I was just out and about, having a fun day, as completely "blending" as could be!

I see many more such outings ahead, and hopefully that special feeling is just as special. For those who have never reached that place, I strongly suggest trying it at least once, you'll remember it forever.

alwayshave
02-26-2023, 01:31 PM
Maria, I woke up the same way this morning, in a black nightgown. The feeling is sublime.

JulieC
02-26-2023, 02:31 PM
Sorry to put in a bit of a downer response. For me, when I see myself in a mirror en femme, I'm not pleased with the outcome. I start having thoughts of "what the hell am I doing?" and rejecting myself. So, I don't tend to look at myself en femme, and have only taken pictures once.

Debbie Denier
02-26-2023, 02:46 PM
I have had that feeling in the past Maria but not recently. Usually when trying on a new dress with accessories, looking in the mirror and gettIng it right. Pow wow.

Fiona_44
02-26-2023, 04:58 PM
There have been times when I have been very dressed up to go someplace nice that I pass a mirror and POW, I am mesmerized by the attractive lady looking at me. Sometimes I sit and look at her for a few minutes to wrap my head around the fact that she is me. A wonderful feeling.

Cheryl T
02-26-2023, 05:10 PM
No more POW in any sense.
I was thinking the other day how years ago I never thought I'd be doing what I'm doing. I never imagined I'd be open and free to dress as I wish.

docrobbysherry
02-26-2023, 06:07 PM
How wonderful that u still feel the thrill from such simple things after all these years, Maria!:thumbsup:

I lost that feeling decades ago.:sad:

However, I DO still get chills down the back of neck upon seeing that occasional, incredibly sexy, fem photo of Sherry done up to the 9's!:daydreaming::o

kimdl93
02-26-2023, 10:03 PM
The key to happiness is found in gratitude. Obviously, you are grateful and happy in the life you have.

JaclynL61
02-27-2023, 09:43 AM
Maria -

I've had the POW moments, similar to what Jamie described. I left a store and was walking across the parking lot and it suddenly hit me that I was wearing a dress. I had honestly forgotten that I was. It felt good that I was just out and about, going about my business. The focus wasn't on the CD-ing.

franlee
02-27-2023, 02:10 PM
Isn't that feeling of a natural persona GREAT? So many strive for that and never realize or experience it.

Diane P
02-27-2023, 10:04 PM
I'd have to say that I have had a couple POW moments recently, both times were after I put nail polish on. Both times the POW moment was when I first looked at my nails after I finished putting on the nail polish. Then I had another POW moment when I woke up in the morning to see my nails. I just started using nail polish, so it isn't the greatest job, but it makes me feel wonderful!

Chelsea B
02-28-2023, 01:06 AM
I totally get that POW, and I find it magical when it happens. Everything in sync.

CDMargret
02-28-2023, 08:00 AM
This is so true. Arose this morning in my long black silk nightgown. When my wife compliments my outfits I am so amazed how lucky I am and how wonderful she is.

Now for a word of advice. For me, I take at least one night each week to jump in bed in full manly drab mode. BECAUSE...she likes and needs that mode so much more than the other that she is so accepting. She deserves to feel happy too.

Yet when I wake up extra early the next morn, I am on a dead run to our walk in closet grabbing the outfit I have been putting together in my dreams.

BLUE ORCHID
02-28-2023, 10:03 AM
Every time I look at myself in the mirror or look at one of my photos, I get the same feeling. I love it!!

My Feelings Exactly, >Orchid**0:daydreaming:0**

CynthiaD
02-28-2023, 02:13 PM
I get those POW moments, but only rarely is it a feeling of disbelief. (Sometimes, yeah.) Usually it’s a feeling of gratitude or pride. I look in the mirror and see a woman looking back at me, and think, “thank goodness!” Or “way to go, lady!”

Diane P
03-01-2023, 11:49 PM
I gave myself another POW moment tonight. I picked out another version of red nail polish that my wife had, but this time I also added lipstick. I was already looking at my hands and thinking "I can't believe those are my hands". Then I added lipstick, after trimming my mustache, I picked out a shade of red to match the nails. I'll be shaving off the mustache and beard before the 11th, since I'm going to OKC for a Girls Night Out. When I go over there I'm going to have my makeup done for me, so after that I'll be posting a new Avatar picture.

DianeT
03-02-2023, 08:08 PM
Not really a POW moment, more little PFIZZZ moments where I look at my body clad in female attire and there's a fleeting feeling of disbelief, that this can't be me I'm looking at, a disconnect between my male inner self and female outer shell that is dizzying, even intoxicating. I'm craving for this feeling, it's one of my drivers for dressing.
Also, the first time I put on a wig, I went to the bathroom and failed to turn on the light switch for a second. At this moment, in the backlight from the corridor's light, I saw a dark, tall female figure in the mirror of the bathroom, a silhouette with a very unusual hair and body shape. For a second I did not connect that figure to myself, it felt like a stranger had entered the small room, with an actual, a strong human presence just in front of me. Like I just met my doppelganger. A kind of out of body experiment. Very unsettling, although not in a dark way.

Krisi
03-03-2023, 07:38 AM
I'm thinking that if your wife is referring to you as "princess", you're probably not getting laid tonight! ;)

I don't sleep "en femme". I've tried it at times when my wife was out of town, but it just didn't work well and I didn't get much sleep. It's hard to imagine being female with that junk between my legs.

Although my wife has seen me dressed many times, I have never gotten dressed (as a woman) in front of her. And I try not to get undressed in front of her either.

Bianca Fay
03-05-2023, 06:36 PM
To the best of my recollection I've only had one POW moment and it happened very recently.

My phone regularly sends me "Remember the Day Spotlight" pictures. These photos are usually from long-forgotten archived albums. They are typically pics of family, friends, scenery, etc. A few weeks ago I received one of these notifications and clicked on it. I was stunned to see a photo of an ex-girlfriend wearing a little black dress with sheer black pantyhose and her hair tied back in a sleek ponytail. This was her normal 'weekend look'.

After a second I quickly realized that it wasn't my GF... it was me. I literally thought I was her. It was a very surreal moment and it's now one of my favorite pictures

Jillcder
03-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Maria you just described a dream for me your wife is amazing. My POW moment was sitting in a pool area on vacation recently when I noticed my smooth legs looked very out of place with the other males but very much like the girls.

BrendaPDX
03-06-2023, 01:34 PM
Hi Maria, Only a few times have I had that "Pow" moment. Every so often I seem to get everything right, makeup, hair, nails, clothing, shoes, and look into the mirror; and POW! It isn't me, but it is me! "Pow!" Thanks for bringing back those moments.

Melony1968
03-06-2023, 02:00 PM
Girl for me it was when I was getting a manicure in fem mode having a conversation with the girl next to me and it hit me that I was one of those girls. WOW 😲

Ricck
03-06-2023, 06:50 PM
The pow moment is so, so beautiful. I've been getting it every time i see myself in a mirror since i came out as nonbinary/genderqueer and platinumed my hair and started wearing makeup every day.

Thank the Goddess for partners like Maria's and mine, and a prayer that those who don't can see the light!