PDA

View Full Version : Felt odd

Helen_Highwater
03-04-2023, 08:33 AM
So a few days ago I did something which is a rarity for me these days. I went out the house without a stitch of femme clothing on. I'd got a doctor's appointment and while I expected it to be a simple verbal interaction when you're in my more senior age bracket there's always the possibility that it turns in to. "As you're here, let's just check so if you'd just drop your trousers and underwear and bend over I'll just do a quick examination..."

And yes I know if I'd had been wearing knickers the Doc wouldn't have batted an eyelid and been totally professional but I just didn't want to be in that position.

Getting home afterwards, sat about in the house, it just felt so odd not to have knickers and hose on under my drab stuff, a bralette as well.

The amount of time I now spend dressed in femme things has grown since the start of the pandemic. I know I push the envelope a bit these days and I've reached the point where I'm more comfortable in femme attire such that I could consider cross dressing as me in drab.

Anyway, I'm home alone for a few hours so normality is restored. All dressed up sans makeup just doing a few chores and having lunch. Feet ache as I'm breaking in new heels but these things have to be done.

AmyJordan
03-04-2023, 09:05 AM
I know the feeling the doctors is the only time I get to dress totally drab as well.

CynthiaD
03-04-2023, 09:19 AM
I have no male underwear, so I always wear panties to the doctor. What I do is go to Walmart and buy a 10-pack of Hanes white cotton panties for less than $15. I wear a new pair on each doctor visit, and usually throw them out afterward. They have a unisex look that doesn't draw any attention. I always have two or three extra packs stored away "just in case."

Oh, and by the way, I also feel odd and out of place wearing male clothing. I feel naked without jewelry: earrings, necklace, bracelet, and a couple rings.

NancySue
03-04-2023, 10:11 AM
Yes, I, too nix Dr. appointments. I?ve thought about it, but?It?s only for a relatively short time. When I get home, I immediately take a shower and dress for the day.

Patience
03-04-2023, 10:34 AM
I will go to medical appointments crossdressed as long as there is no undressing or weighing involved. Eye exams, injections, that sort of thing.

Othewise, I would be weighed wearing my silicone parts (boobs hip and butt) and they would throw my weight off completely, possibly affecting my diagnosis. Not a good idea.

April Rose
03-04-2023, 10:59 AM
I know what you mean, Patience. At my last checkup the nurse weighed me with my pants on. My first thought was; I need to get lighter pants!

kimdl93
03-04-2023, 12:03 PM
I realized the impact of breast forms and hip pads when I went fully dressed to a medical exam. Had to be an extra 10-12 lbs!

ShawnaL
03-04-2023, 02:15 PM
I used to dread doctor appointments, because I didn't want to wear men's underwear...when I finally decided I needed to be open with him, because I wanted to begin HRT, I went fully dressed. Since then, it's "full Shawna"!

Cheryl T
03-04-2023, 03:23 PM
Can't happen here. All my jeans and underwear are women's so there's no choice in the matter any longer.

Glenda58
03-04-2023, 03:29 PM
I go totally dress to the doctors they know I'm trans and would be surprised if I didn't.

Lisa516
03-04-2023, 03:52 PM
I also have no mens underwear so it's off i go as is in panties just not the bright pinks as much.....

Heather76
03-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Like others, I have no male underwear. When I have a doctor's appointment, I'm wearing lace panties and a lace bralette. Since I've been CDing, I've never had the "drop your pants and bend over" conversation as the doc's all know I lost my prostate to cancer years ago. I don't wear stockings to my endocrinologist appointments on the chance she will want to check the amount of neuropathy in my feet. However, she hasn't done that since I moved here 16 months ago. I suspect any of the docs or nurses that check my heart out with a stethoscope have brushed their hands against my bralette. None have ever said anything and I don't expect they ever will.

Fiona_44
03-04-2023, 05:20 PM
I went out early this week to shovel snow and then run a few errands. I wore male clothes, including underwear, most of the day. It was my first time wearing male clothes in almost a month and it felt very weird. By dinnertime I just had to change to a dress and all was as it should be.

Fiona

Bea_
03-04-2023, 08:56 PM
I went to my dermatologist annual last year and wore athletic style woman?s bikinis even though I knew that there would be a full body scan. I don?t think the PA noticed at all. I?d recently done my toenails in a pale pink. When the scan got to my feet she said, in total surprise and earnestness, ?Nice nail polish?.

Made my day and gave her something to talk about.

alwayshave
03-05-2023, 07:40 AM
I'm with Cynthia, I wear women's panties that are rather androgynous rather than overtly sexy. No issues. I don't own any male underwear.

Maria 60
03-05-2023, 08:06 AM
I also don't have any male underwear but I wear a silky black fem cut panties everyday that can almost be confussed for men's. My last appointment I thought I had a hernia and without thinking I had a pair of purple undies on. When he asked me to pull my pants down I think I was in more shock then he was that I didn't think about wearing the black ones. He didn't say anything but I've had this doctor as long as I could remember and I'm sure he had some confusion thought. I could understand your statement about things feeling normal in a underdress situation.

Jane G
03-06-2023, 12:16 PM
I'm finally completely happy to dress 100% as a boy, when required. That was not the case for most of my life. Retirement has given me the time I need to dress comfortably, in female attire. It has also finally given me time to climb mountains, something I wanted to do from a similar age as crossdressing, some of my earliest memories, but was also unable to attain. So in order to explore and enjoy life long goals, I dress at home and I am for now completely happy to be drab outside of home.