PDA

View Full Version : FTM Trans conference

DonnaT
04-13-2006, 11:22 AM
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/kzgazette/index.ssf?/base/features-2/1144860607107540.xml&coll=7

Kalamazoo will be the site of the area's first transgender conference when the FTM (Female to Male) North Conference is presented from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. April 29 at Western Michigan University's Bernhard Center.

The conference -- titled ``What is the Blueprint of a Man?'' -- will feature authors James Green and Matt Kailey. Green, who has appeared in eight documentary films, is the author of ``Becoming A Visible Man'' (Vanderbilt University Press, 2004, $24.95). He is chairman of the board of Gender Education & Advocacy Inc., a nonprofit educational organization.

Kailey is the author of ``Just Add Hormones: An Insider's Guide to the Transsexual Experience'' (Beacon Press, 2006, $16) and the subject of the documentary ``Matt Kailey: A Conversation,'' directed by D. Robin Hammer.

The conference will include workshops such as ``Social Gender,'' ``Sex and Relationships,'' and ``How Sexism Effects FTM People.'' Panel discussion topics include ``Transitioning'' and ``Partners of FTMs.''

The conference has been organized by the Kalamazoo Gay and Lesbian Resource Center and Kalamazoo Transgender Peer Support Group. FTM International is an organization serving the female-to-male community.

Costs for the event are: students, $22; those with limited income, $35; teachers, educators and administrators, $45; nonprofit organizations, $55; and general admission, $60. To register, visit www.ftmnorthconfer.com. The registration deadline is Saturday.

CaptLex
04-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Wow, Kalamazoo? Who knew? I wish I could go, I'd love to hear those guys speak. Thanks, Donna :cool:

Kieron Andrew
04-13-2006, 12:47 PM
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/kzgazette/index.ssf?/base/features-2/1144860607107540.xml&coll=7

Kalamazoo will be the site of the area's first transgender conference when the FTM (Female to Male) North Conference is presented from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. April 29 at Western Michigan University's Bernhard Center.

The conference -- titled ``What is the Blueprint of a Man?'' -- will feature authors James Green and Matt Kailey. Green, who has appeared in eight documentary films, is the author of ``Becoming A Visible Man'' (Vanderbilt University Press, 2004, $24.95). He is chairman of the board of Gender Education & Advocacy Inc., a nonprofit educational organization.

Kailey is the author of ``Just Add Hormones: An Insider's Guide to the Transsexual Experience'' (Beacon Press, 2006, $16) and the subject of the documentary ``Matt Kailey: A Conversation,'' directed by D. Robin Hammer.

The conference will include workshops such as ``Social Gender,'' ``Sex and Relationships,'' and ``How Sexism Effects FTM People.'' Panel discussion topics include ``Transitioning'' and ``Partners of FTMs.''

The conference has been organized by the Kalamazoo Gay and Lesbian Resource Center and Kalamazoo Transgender Peer Support Group. FTM International is an organization serving the female-to-male community.

Costs for the event are: students, $22; those with limited income, $35; teachers, educators and administrators, $45; nonprofit organizations, $55; and general admission, $60. To register, visit www.ftmnorthconfer.com. The registration deadline is Saturday.
wow i so wish i was in the states!!! anyone michigan i can come stay with lol